Senior Women's Free | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Senior Women's Free

Tigger

Final Flight
???? :confused:

Who is the touchy one here?? Tigger specifically stated he/she was talking about attitudes of particular people that he/she knows in real life, and also specifically said he/she was not slamming you, nor was he/she even talking about YOUR attitude!! The wording of your post just reminded him/her of that frustration; othewise the content of his/her post is completely sympathetic with your sentiment.........

For starters, I'm a She. :biggrin:

Second...Colour me confused too, as that was not the intent of my post at all. Just to point out how frustrating it is to be a fan of athletes from other countries when you say you are in Real Life. Frankly, I actually couldn't understand why on a Figure Skating Message Board that has fans posting from all over the World someone would say, "I'm not Canadian, but I'm a fan of Joannie's...", as isn't that the point of the board? For us to talk about *all* of our favourites?

Oh well...I've had worst things said to me over the years and that doesn't even come close.

After finally getting to see all of Cynthia's LP last night....WOW!!! Even w/the bobbles, it's *still* huge step up from SC. I was in tears afterwards and am so very, very happy for her she's getting to live her Olympic Dream after all she's been through!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Sernando

Rinkside
Does anyone has a youtube video of Joannie's LP? the one that's one there has been removed.
Thanks

IceAngel2010

Spectator
Hi guysl

I'm looking for the name of the tango type music that Diane Szmiett skated to, I believe in her long program? If anyone recalls this or knows where I can find a video/this info it'd be great.

Many thanks in advance!

skatefancan

Rinkside
Canada has some pretty good ladies now! Some talent coming up as well.

There is Joannie
Cynthia Phaneuf
Amerlie Lacoste
Diane Szmiett
Adriana Sanctis
Myriane Samson
Kate Charbonneau

All have the big jumps

Some good skaters!

Canada is building depth!!!

amateur

Final Flight
Hi guysl

I'm looking for the name of the tango type music that Diane Szmiett skated to, I believe in her long program? If anyone recalls this or knows where I can find a video/this info it'd be great.

Many thanks in advance!

The music listing for Szmiett's LP on that ISU page mentioned above is actually incorrect. She skated to Liebestraum by Liszt. (I assume this is the piece you were talking about - it's a waltz rhythm, though, not a tango)

I really really enjoyed Szmiett's skating this season, to my surprise - especially this program. Simple, uncluttered elegant style, very steady in her delivery. Found her relaxing to watch. I hope she continues on that path of improvement in her expression.

Johnnnn

On the Ice
Hmm

Yes, the scoring at this nationals was very inflated, but honestly, if Yu na can score ~134 in the long with only 5 triples, repeating the lowest scoring one (toe), and not even attempting a flip or loop, I don't see why Joannie can't score ~140 with a seven triple program that repeats Salchow as opposed to Toe-loop, where all types of triples are attempted and successfully landed. And Yu na, like it or not, is somewhat vulnerable to an edge calle on her flip, while Joannie never gets any edge calls. I have been watching figure skating competitions for years, and Joannie has some of the cleanest, most proper technique on her jumps that I have seen. Plus, they are HUGE. Easily deserving of a +2. It is difficult to appreciate just how good her jumps are until you see them in person. That triple loop she did in the long was probably the best I have ever seen from a lady skater. She doesn't have the best spins or spirals, but then neither does Yu na. I know this makes me sound like a Joannie uber, but I'm not. I am just amazed by the quality she displayed yesterday. :rock: What she does not have is Yu na's nerves, but she did say that she was very nervous before the long yesterday so...

It's really anyone's game in Vancouver. What looked to be a one-horse race suddenly doesn't look so certain. Joannie has proved she can deliver the goods. If she skates clean, she can win. If Yu na skates clean, she can win. If Mao skates clean, she can win. If Miki skates clean, she can win. I also have a feeling that the short program will be a lot closer in terms of scores than it has been so far. I can't seen Yu na having a 15 point lead going into the long. I think the judges, if they have the chance based on the performances, are going to make sure everything is decided by the long, not the short. I, for one, am REALLY looking forward to Vancouver!!!:clap:

I disagree. Yuna's "lowest scoring" triple toe jumps are in combination (3Lz-3T, 2A-3T) whereas Joannie's triple jumps are sequence jumps that have much lower value(she doesn't get full credit for seven triples). In other words, just counting the number of triple jumps is rather stupid comparison. Plus, If you think Joannie deserves +2 GOE on her jumps, Yuna shoud be getting +3s because Yuna's jumps are far better in quality. Joannie has clear take off edge but she pre rotates her toe jumps (lutz, flip) and even though she lands the jumps some of them are off-axis. Also, you said Yuna does not have the best spins and spirals and I agree with that but it is far superior than Joannie's in every aspect (especially layback spin I mean come on just look at them). Only flaw in her spin is her free leg position in a layback spin but she has beautiful back position + biellmann and her flying sitspin is the best out there. Her spiral is fast with clean elegant positions with great edge control (spiral is not all stretch and flexibility).