New Sandhu Article! | Golden Skate

New Sandhu Article!

dfj

On the Ice
I found this article earlier today and almost fell off my chair.

I am a HUGE fan of Emanuel's - if he can skate as good as he looks, the rest of the guys can just pack up!! :) :) He looks amazing.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Sandhu is one of my current favorite of the male skaters. I hope he shows us all what he really can do and scores some gold medals this season.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
That's great but, don't count out Jeff Buttle!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
"Sandhu ready to showcase his true talent"

Yeah, yeah, I've been hearing/reading that for a few years now. Believe me, I'll be very happy for all of his fans if it ever materializes. In the meantime... Yawn. Wake me up when it happens, okay?:\

SandhuSweetie

Spectator
I really think that Emanuel is finally ready to take out some of the top male comtenders. Flashback to last year at Skate Canada, his LP may not have been perfect but he battled through. Now jump ahead to the Canadians, the SP was a disaster but his qr was great and he went out in the lp and attempted 3 quads, although he only rotated two, he attenmpted one in the last min when was the last time evgeni plushenko did any jump in the last minute of his program let alone a quad. Emanuel is a fighter, and so HOT in person, and I really believe that he can and will do it!!

sk8m8

Final Flight
For all the naysayers about Emanual, I would like to recall the rise of a gangly teenager who was dubbed the "quad king" with awesome jumps and no artistic presentation who went on to score a National Championship, An Olympic Bronze medal and two World Silvers. Like Sandhu, it was Tim Goebel's tenacity and desire to fufill all his promise that has allowed him to rise to the top of the FS world.

Also, like TG, I think Emanual has battled his own self doubts and inner demons. I hope that he too begins the steady climb to reach his true potential and that his faithful followers (me included) will be rewarded by many wonderful performances to come.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
sk8m8 said:
For all the naysayers about Emanual, I would like to recall the rise of a gangly teenager who was dubbed the "quad king" with awesome jumps and no artistic presentation who went on to score a National Championship, An Olympic Bronze medal and two World Silvers. Like Sandhu, it was Tim Goebel's tenacity and desire to fufill all his promise that has allowed him to rise to the top of the FS world.

That is true about Goebel. On the other hand he has the jumps and a consistency to jump well in every part of a competition. However much a skater might show charisma, great artistry and passion on the ice, it won´t make one a champion if the jumps are not consistent. Too often it is seen how skaters show a wonderful short programme with successful jumping and fail in freeskate or the other way round. To me as a skating fan it is of course wonderful to see a wonderful skate from a competitor, even if she/he fails or already did fail in other part of the competition.

I personally believe that most skaters have an area where they especially shine. If it is the consistent jumping, their presentation is mostly not quite on the same level. When that is a case a well-created choreography with showy details can hide a lot. What may get the audience going, may not always get the judges going.

Marjaana

Last edited:

indiaskye1

Rinkside
Emanuel definetely has what it takes to beat them all!!!
He is my favorite skater because unlike a lot other skaters he has actually developed his own style ... plus he's the nicest guy in person!!!

It is true that he tends to have some trouble with the jumps, but I believe that he will eventually conquer whatever keeps him from performing flawlessly in competition!!

When it comes to choreography, expression, spins, and footwork he is one of the best skaters in the world ... if he gets the jumps down right (and he will at some point) then he will be at the top of the podium!!!

Vanessa

Eman is not a favorite of mine but that TV showing of his SP at Skate Canada was, imo, the best choreographed routine of the whole bunch (and the others were standard to good).

If he gets the consistancy, he is one skater that I can begin to be interested in. Jeffrey too is a very talented skater. Again it is consistency.

Joe

berthes ghost

Final Flight
The comparison of E-man and Timmy is lost on me. They are exactly the same age, and have risen at the same time (although I question the use of the word "risen" when refering to e-man's career). Let's compare.

Junior worlds:
TG silver medal
ES 11th place

Senior Nats 01:
TG beat out heavy favorite veteran Todd, did ES do the same with Elvis? I seem to remember Elvis out with injury, but I could be wrong.

Senior worlds since 99:
TG: 12th, 11th, 4th, Silver, Silver
ES: 10th, 13th, 7th, no show, 5th

Grand Prix:
TG: Made final at least twice, medaled once. Won at least two GPs and medaled several others.
ES: Medaled once at Skate Canada, never in final.

If ES needs to pull a Timmy, then he better get in that time machine and start building the foundation that TG did starting with Junior Worlds.

shine

Record Breaker
Why was TG's name even in the same sentence as Emanuel? :sheesh: Like they compare?