Senior Mens LP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Senior Mens LP

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jeremy's Nationals LP is the #1 skate of the season for me so far from all the men in the world! If only he had done these 2 programs in March, he would be reigning World Champion right now. Jeremazing, indeed! :love::bow::rock::clap:

NorthernLite

On the Ice
Wow! And not only was this FS exciting, but it's so much fun when someone brings it in the SP AND LP.

I think I haven't posted here in a looong time. But just had to step in here after this performance! (And btw when I saw him at DSC exhibition last week I was telling peeps, "Don't count him out." And I had the same positive thought about Alissa last week - we'll see how that pans out.)

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What is Jeremy's music??? BTW, congrats to him, big time!!!!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Hey, Jeremy just defended his national title. If he can do it, maybe Alissa can too! They even skate at the same rink! So excited for the ladiessss

meem

On the Ice
I think Ryan will be retiring (it was mentioned by one of the commentators prior to the long program start). Also at the end of today's broadcast he looked into the camera and said "bye bye". I'm so sad about this as I was looking forward to watching his wonderful LP at the O's. Just hoping Johnny concentrates on his skating this time around at the Olympics and not on silly interviews and shopping.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
SP: A Day in the Life
by Jeff Beck

LP: Symphony No. 3
Organ Symphony
by Camille Saint-Saens
Thanks so much. I noticed that he really is in tune with the music which is great along with his technical components. I guess I shouldn't be so shocked....his beautiful coach would expect that from him.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just hoping Johnny concentrates on his skating this time around at the Olympics and not on silly interviews and shopping.
I love Johnny but I totally agree.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Ryan will be retiring (it was mentioned by one of the commentators prior to the long program start). Also at the end of today's broadcast he looked into the camera and said "bye bye". I'm so sad about this as I was looking forward to watching his wonderful LP at the O's. Just hoping Johnny concentrates on his skating this time around at the Olympics and not on silly interviews and shopping.

If not for Ryan's 2 silly errors in the SP, he would be going to the Olympics. That's got to be unsettling for him. To think, if only he had hit that 3Lutz, a usually easy jump for him, in the SP instead of doubling it, he would be an Olympian right now. It's too bad for the guy. :frown:

shine

Record Breaker
What a glorious weekend of skating for me as a fan, first Joannie Rochette, now Jeremy Abbott. If only this weekend would repeat itself at the Olympics....

I'm so so so so overjoyed for Jeremy. I wasn't really sure if he had it in him given the situation that he had to skate in. I was really just hoping for him to skate decently and not totally bomb. But my gosh, what a wonderful surprise. I still can't believe he really did it! I think he put it wonderfully in the interview. He won his first National title last year, but he wanted to do it "like this". So this is his first national title, "for real". What a way to defend his national title and prove that last year wasn't just a fluke. This gives me confidence that he really is a different competitor now than he was a year ago, and things will only get better and better!

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
If not for Ryan's 2 silly errors in the SP, he would be going to the Olympics. That's got to be unsettling for him. To think, if only he had hit that 3Lutz, a usually easy jump for him, in the SP instead of doubling it, he would be an Olympian right now. It's too bad for the guy. :frown:

I agree - what a shame because his LP was so much fun!

Have they announced the team yet?

I am sure it will be the top three but wish .......... :cool:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a glorious weekend of skating for me as a fan, first Joannie Rochette, now Jeremy Abbott. If only this weekend would repeat itself at the Olympics....

shine, I'm right there with you, hoping with all my heart that it can happen again. Believing the dream with Jeremy and Joannie. Now if only Stephane, Tomas, Carolina, Alena, Maria & Maxim , Aliona & Robin, and Yuko & Sasha can channel that same positive energy at Europeans coming up, I will totally be on cloud 9 again!:love::bow:

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol, finally able to log onto GS after an hour of trying!:biggrin:

Just wanted to say that Jeremy Abbott was outstanding!:bow: My only complaint was that I enjoyed the rippling ice blue silk shirt he wore at the GPF because it accented his beautiful arms, hands, and fingers. This bright blue one did not IMHO. Also, more importantly, I hope he didn't peak here (like he did last year at Nationals). He still has to include the quad in his SP, so he needs to work on that, and just keep practicing & practicing & practicing until the Olympics. I'm just trying to keep it real, low key, because I knew he was a star the first time I saw him skate at NHK in November! That's when I told Evgeni he needed to watch out for him. If only Jeremy can become consistent (like Evgeni), then he would be hard to beat, as he showed here at US Nationals!:cool: ***Note: I didn't cry, kept my cool, but did become emotional, lol***

Ryan Bradley I felt sorry for; it was so close between him & Johnny; those two quads he did were superb! In fact I actually thought he beat Johnny & made the Olympic Team when I saw Johnny placed 2nd on the screen, then the commentators explained overall Johnny was still ahead of Ryan. I'm hoping Ryan gets a shot at Worlds!:thumbsup:

Evan Lysacek I have a totally new deep respect for; it actually started at the GPF, and then culminated here with his attempt at the quad!:bow: Unbelievable, he made me eat crow, lol.:biggrin: Seriously, I was really into his performance, the fast, quick turns that reminded me of Evgeni Plushenko, but the only one whom ruined it a tad bit for me was Scott Hamilton & his dig at Evgeni in order to elevate Evan. Not good, Scott, not good. But back to Evan, I wouldn't be surprised to see him place ahead of Jeremy at the Olympics because Jeremy still has to prove that he's as consistent as Evan. JMHO.:)

Johnny Weir was the only man whom skated wherein his nervousness sprang out of the screen onto me!:eek: Seriously, it was palpable. And during the awaiting of his marks I honestly couldn't decide if I wanted Ryan or Johnny on the Olympic Team. Johnny really has to step it up quite a few notches in Vancouver if he wants a medal of any color. JMHO. ***Note: I love the part in his routine wherein the music sounds like thunder & lightning bolts!***

Adam Rippon, I predict 4 yrs. ahead of time, will be the 2014 Olympic Champion in Sochi. Period.

:love:CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE MEDALISTS; NOW IT'S ON TO THE OLYMPICS!!!!:love:

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Little Lord Quadleroy:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07Lk1Nd5KZaCl/610x.jpg

Looking at the picture, I do believe Evan's shoulder thingies are saddles for his little angel and devil to ride on:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fORdco2wr0W9/610x.jpg

Speaking of angels, here's one that's fallen but still ethereal:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aif1tR57P626/610x.jpg

And speaking of fallen angels, Jeremy is probably saying "hell yeah!" here:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09X1caxe3BfSf/610x.jpg

Well, Johnny got it done, barely. We JW fans can just hope he peaks at the right time. This was definitely not a peak! But... he IS going to Vancouver, right?

Jeremy - wow. That is one of the best skates ever. He just did it all, with such elegance and detail work. I don't know if anyone in the world can beat him if he skates like that in Vancouver. (OTOH, I don't really think he will. Can one do back-to-back skates of a lifetime?) Anyway - congrats, Jeremy!!! :bow: :clap: :party: This event was a life-changer for him, IMO.

Evan - he was totally outclassed today. But thank God for the new costume and his spicing it up with a bit of GRAY. Woo-hoo! I am so tired of those high-kicks. I'm so glad that, if Johnny's going to be defeated, it's by somebody who's actually a gorgeous skater!

Poor Armin! Still - I'm sure he exceeded his hopes and will do great stuff in the future and he deserves congrats too. Maybe his injury caught up with him today.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yes, Janetfan, the team was announced. No shocker, the top three are going to Vancouver (barring injury or illness)... really bummed for Ryan, but he knew it was a long shot after the SP, I'm just glad he had a chance to go out in style. That LP was the smoothest I've ever seen from him...

if SOI doesn't pick him up now, then Scott Hamilton and Co. are a fool.