Gala | Golden Skate

Gala

i love to skate

Medalist
Anyone else watching? They just showed all the Junior champions and they were great! Alexandra Paul, the female ice dancer, is a total star. She is amazing! :love:

CBC just interviewed D/B and both are still close to tears. I want to give them both a hug! A lyric from their exhibition is "I want to suffer just so I know I'm alive" - how telling of their week here!

Myriame Samson skated to What A Wonderful World by Celine Dion. She was stunningly gorgeous and landed an exquisite triple lutz. She looked so happy as well - I hope she gets sent to Four Continents! I am a big fan :clap:

Oh my god, Kurt just nick -named Kevin, "Kevin G-Force Reynolds" becuase of the quad :laugh:

Last edited:

i love to skate

Medalist
Tess and Scott brought back their first exhibition number - where she is in a tutu! It was fantastic! They also did the old dismount from the Goose and nailed it! Great gala!!

Tigger

Final Flight
Was so surprised to see that lovely classic back from Tessa and Scott. It's always been a great number for them, but now that they're a little bit older, it's even better!!!

It was so wonderful to see Mark Rowsom again and to hear his voice hasn't changed a bit over the years. I remember when he sang Oh Canada before the old Champions On Ice shows/tour that happened during the Fall of 88 and being wowed by his voice then. He's still got it!! :biggrin:

It's a great team and it was a great send off to them as well!! Good Luck in Vancouver Gang!!!

i love to skate

Medalist
Was so surprised to see that lovely classic back from Tessa and Scott. It's always been a great number for them, but now that they're a little bit older, it's even better!!!

It was so wonderful to see Mark Rowsom again and to hear his voice hasn't changed a bit over the years. I remember when he sang Oh Canada before the old Champions On Ice shows/tour that happened during the Fall of 88 and being wowed by his voice then. He's still got it!! :biggrin:

It's a great team and it was a great send off to them as well!! Good Luck in Vancouver Gang!!!

Wasn't it Jeff Patrick who sang?

Last edited:

Tigger

Final Flight
The "Skate Canada Anthem", yes, Jeff sang that, but it was Mark who did Oh Canada at the end.

figuristka

Medalist
Cynthia skated to Britney spears "Circus" and included a 3 loop. D/D were wonderful skating to coldplay. Joannie a fun program to Shakira, and Patrick , i forget what the music was , something like rule the world. ? He skated great, and the crowd seemed to love V/M ballet/hip hop dance program.

Iam outside Canada and clicked on the cbc link for the Gala and it actually worked for me :)

Tigger

Final Flight
Patrick skated to Viva La Vida by Coldplay and choreographed by Kurt Browning.