Canadian 4CC Team | Golden Skate

Canadian 4CC Team

skatingbc

Final Flight
I took a sneaky-peek at the entries just to see if any Canadian entrants had been named and they had!!!

Men
Kevin Reynolds
Joey Russell
Shawn Sawyer

Ladies
Amelie Lacoste
Myriane Samson
Diane Szmiett

Pairs
Mylene Brodeur/John Mattatall
Meagan Duhamel/Craig Buntin
Kirsten Moore-Towers/Dylan Moscovitch

Dance
Allie Hann-McCurdy/Michael Coreno
Kharis Ralph/Asher Hill
Kaitlyn Weaver/Andrew Poje

No surprises...I'm pretty sure the entries are just the 3rd-5th placements from Nationals. I think the team is strong and should be successful, except ladies. I would expect the US to have a pretty good shot at sweeping the podium.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
No surprises...I'm pretty sure the entries are just the 3rd-5th placements from Nationals. I think the team is strong and should be successful, except ladies. I would expect the US to have a pretty good shot at sweeping the podium.

I think the Japanese might have some different thoughts on this, especially in ladies. :)

N

n_halifax

There are a few other factors too - in men, Denis Ten of Kazahkstan is definitely a medal contender. In pairs, the Chinese pair Zhang/Zhang are also strong medal contenders for instance.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm glad there will be another chance to see Hann/McCurdy Coreno, Weaver & Poje, and Towers/Moscovitch again. And especially the awesome OD of Ralph/Hill!

mystichaze

On the Ice
I just watched Ralph/Hill's OD on youtube, it is fantastic! Definitely one of my favorites of the season.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Mroz will be there with his quad for the US men along with Bradley & Rippon. The Japanese men should be very competitive. US women vs. Japan should be exciting. I see Canada being more likely to medal in Pairs & Ice Dancing.
All in all I think 4 CC's will be more interesting & memorable than Europeans!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Mroz will be there with his quad for the US men along with Bradley & Rippon. The Japanese men should be very competitive. US women vs. Japan should be exciting. I see Canada being more likely to medal in Pairs & Ice Dancing.
All in all I think 4 CC's will be more interesting & memorable than Europeans!

Well, at least at 4CC's, I don't get the impression that there are any "predetermined coronations" where it's the skater's gold medal to lose....except maybe Zhangs in pairs, who understandably have the body of experience and achievement behind them, compared to rest of the field. (I also think the Zhang's even being at 4CC wasn't in the original Chinese plan, except that their results this year have not been good, and they have had to come up with a new SP that badly needs real-time feedback from intl judges prior to the Olympics. If circumstances were different, they likely wouldn't have been sent to 4CC.)