Men Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Men Short Program

jennylovskt

Medalist
A finger from Joubert :rofl:

I wish he didn't do that. It's not original any more. But he might just want to challenge Plushenko in every perspective.:biggrin:

Solid SP from Joubert. He is back too!

This time's Euros has such amazing high quality (at least in men, don't know others)! I can't wait for tomorrow's LP!

Ximena

Final Flight
Technically Plush was amazing, that quad was huge. Artisticaly it's the same problem as usual: I can't help feeling I've already seen this program loads of times.

Well maybe it is because it's the same music he used in 1998! :laugh:
I know, I know that's not what you meant, but I'm in too of a good mood today.

schiele

Final Flight
I wish he didn't do that. It's not original any more. But he might just want to challenge Plushenko in every perspective.:biggrin:

Solid SP from Joubert. He is back too!

This time's Euros has such amazing high quality (at least in men, don't know others)! I can't wait for tomorrow's LP!

Let the two have a little batle among themselves off the ice too..:biggrin: I read their press comments in the article posted here, they were very polite but competitive.. It was funny, remninded me of the good old days before 2006.. :laugh:

jennylovskt

Medalist
Let the two have a little batle among themselves off the ice too..:biggrin: I read their press comments in the article posted here, they were very polite but competitive.. It was funny, remninded me of the good old days before 2006.. :laugh:

Could that be Yagudin's spirit lives in Joubert? It's so exciting!:rock::rock::rock:

schiele

Final Flight
Jouby vs Plushy is the closest thing we got to the marvellous competitive days of Yags vs Plushy so I'm totally enjoying it.. :):)

shine

Record Breaker
Omg, thanks for posting that link, I just got through watching it, and am almost in tears. Misty-eyed here, but hanging on to my emotions, or at least trying to. :)

I honest to God felt like I was at that movies watching Clint Eastwood (aka Blondie) in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, that's how impressive & masterful & awe-inspiring it was to see Zhenya up on the big screen. What command, what self-confidence, what control he has -- unprecedented -- he really is The Master At Work. There will N E V E R be another like The Great Plushenko in figure skating again, he's just one-of-a-kind. I still feel chills.

I know I sound like an uber, lol, but perhaps I am? Seriously, that was a M A S T E R P I E C E. I cannot say it enough ~ music, choreography, jumps, spins, costume, etc. etc. etc. etc. ~ it all just flowed & jumped out onto me thousands of miles away here at home before my computer screen. Once again I say if I got chills this far away, I can't imagine what it must have felt like to see it in person. My only gauge was the two young ladies I saw standing (amongst the others) with this orgasmic look on their faces.;)

My only complaint, his PCS should have been higher, just a little (though if it had been up to me his PCS would have been almost as high as his TES). And that's the truth. He skates the *entire* rink, fast quick strokes, perfect technique on the jumps, low sit spins, turning from one direction to another with confidence & ease, everything timed just right to the music, simply masterful, simply masterful.

:bow:ZHENYA, YOU ARE THE BEST!:bow:
:rock::love:GOOOOOOOO EVGENI!!!!:love::rock:
Wow, I'm speechless. I think we definitely live in two different worlds :biggrin:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Jouby, Plushy are back! :bow:
Thank god there will be quads at the Olympics. Separate the men from Patrick Chan. :rock:
This season everyone is going for quads because of these two. You need them to keep the sport going forward.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Once again, this is what frustrates me about the sport, and turns so many of the fans off, Plushenk does his usual arm flalling routine, and this program looked exactly the same to all of the other ones. AND ONCE AGAIN he is overscored.....why don't we just save time and money and give him the olympic gold medal for just showing up, and while we are at it give Chan and Lysacek medals for showing up as well. Seriously, and people ask why the sport is losing fans, and money.....The Russians get gold one after another, just for showing up......

I have had it.

Last edited:

schiele

Final Flight
In all fairness, I thought Ponsero had the best package of the night. If it wasn't for that 3S instead of 3Z, i could easily scream how underscored he was.. Apparently he got one level 2 on the steps, probably the last one! I would give him level 4 just for the speed and musicality alone! Of course, the sentimental winner for me is Joubert and he was so on as well. But just wanted to highlight Ponsero again, he is just so impressive to me..

Poor Stephane - Too many surgeries and too many shows have finally got to him.

Nice to see my two fav Euro boys (Michal and Yannik) will battle it out for bronze.

schiele

Final Flight
Poor Stephane - Too many surgeries and too many shows have finally got to him.

Nice to see my two fav Euro boys (Michal and Yannik) will battle it out for bronze.

I see you're assuming our Ponsero will keep it together again after such a great SP? That'll be a first! :laugh: Although I'd be overjoyed to see him finally medal. :thumbsup:

Ximena

Final Flight

:biggrin: yes apparently it was something like: (and it was very friendly)

Plush: "I'll do just one quad in the FS"
Jouby: "I'll do two!"
P: "I'll do something new!"
J: "I can totally do a triple toe after my quad"
P: "Good for you"
J: "I can beat him"
P: "Let him try it"

I'm not a fan of Joubert but I'm actually happy for him since he truly seems happy about Lambiel and Plushenko coming back and I think it has a lot to do with the quad-set of mind, Joubert was all alone this past years defending the quad against all the other skaters and the media behind them that said "it's not necesarry" and now he has Plush and Lambiel who both thinks the quad has to happen as well so I think he feels more like "well if I'm going to lose, I may as well lose to them than to [insert any of the non-quad men]"

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
oh, I'm just so happy for plushenko!!!:love::love::love: welcome back!!!

I could admit his PCS may be lower, but...if you check overall his PCS are only the third, Lambiel and Joubert shares the best PCS of the evening.
And I find really more upsetting Joubert's PCS: he can't have the same PCS of Lambiel!!! I mean, don't say me Plushenko is overscored and Joubert no. also, confronting Plush and Joub, I think Plushenko should get higher components.

then I hope Contesti will get higher tomorrow and I'm really happy also for Brezina!!

Welcome back zar!!!

seniorita

Record Breaker
it is bad for stephane cause he had very good practices and if you exclude this morning, he was landing 4t-3t several times the last days, not the first because the first days he didnt jump at all. But in general he was jumping well. I think his Lp is amazing and he will bounce back tommorow, his other marks will cover the absence of 3axel.
Brezina's jumps are so high that you wowed. He is dancing there. Fantastic program. Ponsero was great but honestly, with this costume he loses some credit, no justice at all to his skate.
I think I havent seen joubert so good since last year in CoR. He was very good at practices also, I think he had the best among the top men, and he looks also very relaxed and happy!

Plushenko:his straight line footwork was the one with level two. And ponsero's circular. No negative goe for the top three.

evplu

Rinkside
:biggrin: yes apparently it was something like: (and it was very friendly)

Plush: "I'll do just one quad in the FS"
Jouby: "I'll do two!"
P: "I'll do something new!"
J: "I can totally do a triple toe after my quad"
P: "Good for you"
J: "I can beat him"
P: "Let him try it"

I'm not a fan of Joubert but I'm actually happy for him since he truly seems happy about Lambiel and Plushenko coming back and I think it has a lot to do with the quad-set of mind, Joubert was all alone this past years defending the quad against all the other skaters and the media behind them that said "it's not necesarry" and now he has Plush and Lambiel who both thinks the quad has to happen as well so I think he feels more like "well if I'm going to lose, I may as well lose to them than to [insert any of the non-quad men]"

I:agree: Yes, I absolutely agree

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Seen highlights on Eurosport. Plushenko deserves his lead, not sure I would have marked Joubert as high as he was. My favourite was Ponsero. Very impressed with Brezina.

Was Lambiel overmarked for what he offered? Great spins as always but the jumps were poor. I would not have him as high as fifth.

Hopefully Verner can come back fighting in the free.