Men Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Men Short Program

schiele

Final Flight
My guess was 86 but the judges pretty neatly substracted the 3T and gave him the highest PCS together with Stephane.

Cheer up K! A semidecent skate today means a better one for Tomas on Thursday! At least history tells us so! Whereas Ponsero looks doomed for the LP! :laugh:

katymay

Medalist
Wow

No it is not. Great skate from Brian, he was really on. No sign of his injury at all.

The judges seem to be rewarding big powerful jumps, and mama mia, so many of these guys have big powerful jumps. I think the U.S. men might be in trouble. Brian looked great!

Medusa

Record Breaker
Cheer up K! A semidecent skate today means a better one for Tomas on Thursday! At least history tells us so! Whereas Ponsero looks doomed for the LP! :laugh:
I know!!! The poor guy, he is probably shaking in his boots. A clean program for him!

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Which I think with Lambiel's mistakes and the relative tentative quality of the first half of the program - is okay. At least Joubert is fast.

At least Joubert could deal with skating last, with all the pressure surrounding Plushy's comeback, landed his jumps, improved his spins and smiled into the camera. He's ok.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I am actually not worried or anything about Stéphane. He never was a consistent skater, it's always been hit and miss with him. I am just happy to see him skate, but would like him a little more relaxed the next time. His nerves showed big time.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Yaaaay!:party2: If Brian does a 4-3 at the Olys he will beat Plush! Wooohooo!!

Ok, know that's done, here's for some "serious" analysis.

Technically Plush was amazing, that quad was huge. Artisticaly it's the same problem as usual: I can't help feeling I've already seen this program loads of times.

I'm not all that keen on Stéphane's SP. I think he has done far much better in the past.

Did anybody understand Tomas's low marks?

enlight78

Medalist
three of the top five are the french and they not even using their national champion; what happen to voronov did he just bomb

janetfan

Match Penalty

Tomas atleast looked healthy today and showed some spark.
Now - if he can only learn the "finger" his pcs will go up :)

schiele

Final Flight
Yaaaay!:party2: If Brian does a 4-3 at the Olys he will beat Plush! Wooohooo!!

Ok, know that's done, here's for some "serious" analysis.

Technically Plush was amazing, that quad was huge. Artisticaly it's the same problem as usual: I can't help feeling I've already seen this program loads of times.

I'm not all that keen on Stéphane's SP. I think he has done far much better in the past.

Did anybody understand Tomas's low marks?

Tomas' 4T was stepped out and UR'ed (close call for me), he tried to put 3T at the end of 3z but his landing of the lutz was pretty bad, hung on for dear life.. His spark was better here than at GPF but still not near of what he had shown in TEB.. I have a very strong feeling he'll be better in the LP.. Hopefully so!
My God, the Euro guys rock! :rock::rock::rock:

I am actually not worried or anything about Stéphane. He never was a consistent skater, it's always been hit and miss with him. I am just happy to see him skate, but would like him a little more relaxed the next time. His nerves showed big time.

Steph is like a delicate flower, if you pour to much or too little water, it/he never blossoms.. I don't think this SP is doing any favours for him but he fought and he tried despite his lack of 3A! I applaud his efforts.. He has a silver under his belt anyway so he's proven himself..

Last edited:

schiele

Final Flight
Plushenko SP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdT_2eE9gfw

Finally had the chance to see it for myself.. Hmmm, he was great on the jumps, untouchable..Spins are definetely not slow, they're ok. Unfortunetely this programme definetely lacks the spark he had on many previous programmes. It's purely desgined to win under the COP. I just love Plushy so much, I;'ll try to ignore this..

Last edited:

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Last edited:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
So grateful for descriptions and comments here. I totally messed up on my schedule (don't ask lol). Also very grateful for the ISU Result site.
It's nice to see the placements of my favorites in this contest. This is a very exciting event.

Voronov will probably do better in the FS. Generally, if he does very well in the SP, he bombs in the FS, but when he is in trouble after the SP, he seems to come into the FS with major determination. I won't go into my ancient "heart of a champion" speech lol, but it is something that Voronov just does not seem to have, sorry. He, like Gryazev before him, seems able to do well enough in his national championship, but is just not a great international competitor, which Plyushchenko is.

Keep it coming, guys, keep it coming! I loooooooove men's singles! Keep it tough! Keep it beautiful! Keep it nearly impossible! ;)

ae9177

On the Ice
He still doesn't skate to music, he still has flailing arms, but who cares? I have to say that Bravo Plushenko, you are still the King! :rock:

Euro guys rock!

schiele

Final Flight
He still doesn't skate to music, he still has flailing arms, but who cares? I have to say that Bravo Plushenko, you are still the King! :rock:

Euro guys rock!

He did skate to music in the past so that "still" is a bit unfair. ;)
But he skated like a king for sure. I just wish he had some flavour from the old Plushy in that programme..
Anyhow, the battle on Thursday will be great..