Cohen's practice sessions updates? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Cohen's practice sessions updates?

rtureck

Final Flight
I'm not sure who said vertical Sasha was unbeatable other than Scott Hamilton and I"m not sure that's what he said. (I try to tune him out, frankly. :p)

A vertical Sasha is unbeatable is what some Sasha fans has been saying for years.

Anyway, Nagasu is hardly some "little 16 year old" from nowhere. She's a past US champ who's, IMO, the biggest talent in US skating apart from Sasha. It's very possible she'll win the whole thing and if she skated up to her potential (and others messed up) she could even medal in Vancouver.

I did not say Nagasu is a 16 y/o out of nowhere in my original post. I said a little 16 y/o girl. I totally disagree with you that Nagasu's talent is second to Sasha, she is IMO way ahead of Sasha.

I've been very cautious not to predict anything where Sasha is concerned. My only beef has been with all those who were so eager to predict that she would fail utterly or not even show up. Some of them are apparently too busy to "show up" here and eat their crow. :laugh:

I don't blame you for being cautious about predicting Sasha, afterall even after Torino heading into worlds she was supposed to win gold, then oh well,,,,

What she's done is so risky and amazing.
What is the risk? ?? Amazing definitely disagree. Sasha has never impressed me as a skater who loves to compete, IMO she loves the glamor of skating, and oh yeah the gold medal. If she truly loves to compete she would have done so in the past couple of yrs. So what is so amazing about showing up at nats only because she wants to go to olys??
Somehow I'm thinking she'll do just fine with Moonlight Sonata.

Now that is risky, moonlight sonata was 2 times olys gold medalist G and G's program.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I did not say Nagasu is a 16 y/o out of nowhere in my original post. I said a little 16 y/o girl. I totally disagree with you that Nagasu's talent is second to Sasha, she is IMO way ahead of Sasha.

Mirai isn't that little anymore, I read an article that said she was 5'4" and 110 pounds which is bigger than Sasha and about the same size as Yuna, Mao, and Miki. She isn't some little pre-pubescent pixie anymore and it annoys me when people say she can only jump and skate the way she does because she is so little. It's like undermining her accomplishments. She is a talented hard working skater who can skate like she does because she is talented and hard working, not because she is the size of a 12 year old, Sasha's the one that's the size of a 12 year old.

Figure88

On the Ice
OMG Mirai looked like a giant next to Sasha when you compared the 2 skaters when they were hugging after the competition. Sasha must be like 5' or something.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
OMG Mirai looked like a giant next to Sasha when you compared the 2 skaters when they were hugging after the competition. Sasha must be like 5' or something.

Yeah Sasha's like 5'1" and weighed 90 pounds in 2006, probably less now. Mirai is a normal height but looks taller because her legs are long, I also think if Mirai hadn't been a figure skater she should have done gymnastics, she has the shoulders for it.