Championship Ladies SP | Page 38 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies SP

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I sure would have enjoyed adding Angela Maxwell into this mix of ladies. Too bad about her injury and withdrawal.

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Who am I a fan of again? I am only concerned with fair judging. You are obviously one of those fanatical lunatics that can't handle a different opinion because you attacked me for wondering if the judges dinged Sasha for her mistakes.

In the past Sasha could fall all over the place and be held up by the PCS* cough 2006 Olympics cough* That was embarrassment to the sport giving that performance a medal.

Please. I think you have made it abundantly clear that you believe Flatt should have beat Cohen. I'm too smart for your mind games.

figurejennah

On the Ice
I am watching this on universal sports on tv, and both Sandra and Scott said that Sasha two footed, likely flutzed and would receive downgrades, but the score doesn't seem like she got any DG. I thought she looked extremely nervous (she fixed her shoe 3 times or so), but she held it well, and the performance was pretty impressive considering that she hasn't competed for 4 years. We will see how she does in LP. :)

ForgetMyUserName

Rinkside
Oh, honestly. Mirai must be thrilled to pieces that she beat Sasha Cohen today. This will only bring more attention to Mirai and more respect to her as a skater.

I don't see Mirai having a great LP but I hope she proves me wrong. After her tough year it would be nice to see her reach her ultimate goal.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Oh, honestly. Mirai must be thrilled to pieces that she beat Sasha Cohen today. This will only bring more attention to Mirai and more respect to her as a skater.

Wasn't Mirai the one who said she was intimidated by Cohen? This should give her (Nagasu) a boost of confidence- just knowing that she can hang in there with her

Bereswill- 44.60/13th place

figurejennah

On the Ice
Just out of curiousity, how come there are so many skaters from DELAWARE? I am just curious. lol. 3 skaters from Delaware tonight. How interesting. I knew Kimmie trained in Delaware, but is figure skating big there or something?!

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Becky Bereswill

Sparkly red dress
The Red Violin

3Lz-Hand down/turnout-2T
3Flip
Flying spin
2 Axel
Layback spin into Biellmann
Circular step sequence
Spiral sequence
Combo spin

She has a long elegant line. She's tall - 5' 6". Another skater who chose music associated with a legend, but again at least she used different parts that Michelle didn't use.

Technical Elements - 21.18
Program Components - 23.42
Total - 44.60
13th place

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Just out of curiousity, how come there are so many skaters from DELAWARE? I am just curious. lol. 3 skaters from Delaware tonight.

UD and Wilmington are training centers for elite skating. Most of the skaters there don't actually come from Delaware.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Wasn't Mirai the one who said she was intimidated by Cohen? This should give her (Nagasu) a boost of confidence- just knowing that she can hang in there with her

Bereswill- 44.60/13th place

Yes, I was just thinking the same thing :) She was the only one who really acknowledged that Sasha scared her a little. And now look where she is! I really hope she attacks and performs her LP.

But still to come: Ashley!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Just out of curiousity, how come there are so many skaters from DELAWARE? I am just curious. lol. 3 skaters from Delaware tonight. How interesting. I knew Kimmie trained in Delaware, but is figure skating big there or something?!

Yes, they have a big club. It is where Johnny used to train when he was with Priscilla
And many others over the years

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yes, I was just thinking the same thing :) She was the only one who really acknowledged that Sasha scared her a little. And now look where she is! I really hope she attacks and performs her LP.

It will be different for her in the FS, though, warming up in the same group as Cohen.

figurejennah

On the Ice
Wow, I knew Kimmie trained in Delaware, but didn't know Johnny trained there as well! Thx all for your replies. :)

ForgetMyUserName

Rinkside
Please. I think you have made it abundantly clear that you believe Flatt should have beat Cohen. I'm too smart for your mind games.

You have issues . Are you really a mother? God help your child. She might end up with Sasha's self entitlement issues.

I watched a performance and thought it was better then another performance and I have HUGE issues with a skater making mistakes in a program meant for the technical side of the sport getting better scores with flutz and 2 footed jump. You better believe I thought Rachael was better then Sasha in the SP . That is called an opinion. Not biased unlike yours Mrs Cohen.

Moving on............