Championship Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies SP

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'll be watching the IN feed. I don't know about others, though. I think it starts at 10:30pm EST (7:30 local time)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'll be watching the IN feed. I don't know about others, though. I think it starts at 10:30pm EST (7:30 local time)

There's also a broadcast on Universal Sports from 12:30 to 2:30 a.m. EST (9:30 to 11:30 local time). I'm not sure if they'll do the same thing with the men, which is show the two last groups live or if it will be more of a top skaters type thing.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
There's also a broadcast on Universal Sports from 12:30 to 2:30 a.m. EST (9:30 to 11:30 local time). I'm not sure if they'll do the same thing with the men, which is show the two last groups live or if it will be more of a top skaters type thing.

That has me thinking...I'm wondering how Ashley will do with the time difference? As far as she's concerned it will probably be 2 a.m. in her mind when she skates. But then again, she's been in Spokane for a while to watch her brother skate, so maybe she's used to it by now.

R.D.

Record Breaker

Oh yeah, I forgot about them, probably because I don't receive that station. But for those who DO get it, they have changed the schedule and per FSU they will air the entire ladies SP from start to finish- 4 hrs starting @ 7:30 local time

That has me thinking...I'm wondering how Ashley will do with the time difference? As far as she's concerned it will probably be 2 a.m. in her mind when she skates. But then again, she's been in Spokane for a while to watch her brother skate, so maybe she's used to it by now.

Time differences are dealt with by skaters all the time. Plus, she's been there long enough to get acclimated.

The bigger factor is going to be the wait since she is the last one to skate.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
sorry, I'm totally confused about time difference...I'd just enough to remember tallinn is an hour different from my time zone!!!

in about how long is gonna start???

R.D.

Record Breaker
sorry, I'm totally confused about time difference...I'd just enough to remember tallinn is an hour different from my time zone!!!

in about how long is gonna start???

This thread is about the US Nationals event, not Euros

anyway, in just over 5 hrs.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
This thread is about the US Nationals event, not Euros

anyway, in just over 5 hrs.

thanx!!!!
(yes, I was looking for US nationals, but I was confused in the middle of nowhere, between tallinn and spokane, with timing conversion!!!!)

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
And when is it supposed to end? (Just in case I wake up in the middle of the night anxiously thinking of Ashley and switch on the pc :p)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
And when is it supposed to end? (Just in case I wake up in the middle of the night anxiously thinking of Ashley and switch on the pc :p)

I don't know if the hall of fame ceremony is before or after they skate, but I'd guess it will probably go on for maybe 3 hours or so? (23 skaters x 5 min (program time + score time approx)) + (4 x 6 minute warm ups) + 20 min ice resurfacing in the middle = 159 minutes / 60 min = 2.65 hours. But it always takes longer so say three hours. Meaning if it starts at 10:30 and the hall of fame ceremony is on after, the skaters should be all done around 1:30 am, give or take.

R.D.

Record Breaker

For you guys, early in the morning I'd take it

IOW you should wake up in time to catch the end ;)

ETA: exact time: Wagner is scheduled to take the ice at approx. 11:02 pm local time (2:02 am here on US east coast, it's gonna be a late night...) so whatever the time difference is, that's what it will be

Last edited:

reynycpr

On the Ice
ETA: exact time: Wagner is scheduled to take the ice at approx. 11:02 pm local time (2:02 am here on US east coast, it's gonna be a late night...) so whatever the time difference is, that's what it will be

It's gonna be a late night and a long one! I'm going to try to catch some sleep after Nationals SP before waking up and trying to catch the last few groups from the Euros Ladies SP.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'll stay up to watch Nats and I'll just read the results of Euros when I wake up ;) Come to think of it, I have no way of watching it anyway.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'll stay up to watch Nats and I'll just read the results of Euros when I wake up ;) Come to think of it, I have no way of watching it anyway.

Apparently there's a Russian TV station that's doing live streaming. I watched Contesti on it earlier today. http://debilizator.tv/tv.cgi?kanal=7
Not sure if that's the same link for the ladies...but hey, it's worth a try!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also, love Sasha or hate her, I got to give her props for getting Universal Sports to air ALL FOUR hours of the SP. You know this wouldn't happen if she wasn't here. (Though I am a bit irritated because I subscribed to IN so I could watch it online before the US broadcast. Oh well can't complain about video on demand!)

calbskate

Rinkside
does anyone know if the hall of fame will be before the ladies SP? Where can i find the time schedule? thank u so much!

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Does anyone know if there's an online link to watch Nats on? JustinTV, or something? I'd really like to watch, but I don't have TV access. :(

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
I thought short program would be shown in entirety on Universal Sports tonight? I see speed skating on now?