Combo spin

Technical Elements - 12.59
Program Components - 19.03
Total - 31.62
16th place

Last edited:

soogar

Record Breaker
I thought her marks were fair. Mirai was the best tonight and Sasha second imo. But well done Sasha.....what a pleasure to see her skate again :yes:

ITA that the scores were more than fair. It's probably best that Sasha is not leading after the SP given how nervous she was.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Looks like it's gonna come down to the freeskate folks!!!! Exactly what I wanted. Oh boy...

herro

On the Ice
Sasha looks so thin in the interview. All muscle, seriously.

I honestly think she should have been in first place. Maybe not with a gigantic lead, but I think she should be ahead of Mirai. I just think her skating is much more mature and elegant and composed than Mirai, even though Mirai's jumps were better.

I'm excited for the long though. Virtual tie in top 3.

MKFSfan

Medalist
She may not be the 2006 Sasha, but she's pretty darn good! Personally, I preferred Mirai's program. I thought Rachael wasn't as close to either of them, but she did have a 3/3.

tae04 said:
Her PCS seem too low. NO way Flatt or Nagasu is close to her elegance
There is much more to PCS than "elegance." Flatt and Nagasu have well chore'd programs with more/difficult transitions. That does count for something.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Man, I don't know who was more nervous, Sasha or me!! She looked so nervous during the warm up and the time before her skate- I'm so happy she was able to gut this program out. I hope things go well for her in the long program.
Hey Soogar, haven't seen you for a while. :clap: :clap: Yup keeping my fingers crossed for her in the LP.

Bruin714

On the Ice
I think the difference in first and second place in the SP was Sasha's flutz.

Sasha will still have the flutz in the long program, but that's just one jump. But Marai may have under-rotations problems, and that's many jumps.

R.D.

Record Breaker
She's waiting for her marks now.

Of course Cohen was going to be nervous- she hasn't felt this atmosphere in nearly 4 years! But she must be happy she got through it. The FS is going to be the real test for her, though. I can easily see Nagasu and Flatt getting the two Olympic spots if they're on and Cohen is not.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I thought her marks were fair. Mirai was the best tonight and Sasha second imo. But well done Sasha.....what a pleasure to see her skate again :yes:

I have to agree. Sasha was a little shaky (for her) But I think she got better during the performance. I'm in awe that she can pull that off after all this time. Just in awe. As for Mirai - isn't it sooooo much sweeter for her that she's in front of the likes of Sasha Cohen?? See? having Sasha there just enhances the competition like I always said.

Also: Go Bebe!!