Original Dance Jan. 21st, 13:00 Tallinn time | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Original Dance Jan. 21st, 13:00 Tallinn time

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Here is Faiella /Scali's OD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6t7M_-I7SI

What I critique about D/S's skate today in their OD, although improved, is still slow and there is a lot of skate hand in hand far apart. That makes it much easier, decreases the difficulty.

Thanks for the link, I'm thinking F/S could win Europeans this year. They have very good programs. I can't wait to see their FD. I really like what I saw when they skated at CoC.

I think 2nd place here was okay for D/S. They have never been at a competition this season with any of the North American teams, but I think their OD placing will suffer at the Olympics because of the stiff competition.

futureidol

On the Ice
I think D/S were fantastic. They are so much improved in speed from Russian Nationals and their twizzles were great. I know the Aboriginal theme is a hard sell, but they really put their all into their Euro performance with incredible intricacies and difficult connections. Their choreography and steps were extremely difficult. They really sold that program.

The Italians were good, but I did not enjoy their performance as much as the Russians. Their facial expressions were a little over the top, and while the start and end had a lot of energy to it, the middle was a little boring. Also I don't find them very fresh and original. I prefer original and unique programs like D/W's Indian OD.

I can't stand that Dolly music the French team uses. I love the Kerrs, but Sinead royally screwed up on the twizzles. As for the other Russians, they are all lifts and no dance.

Big Deal

Final Flight
I have no problem with the outcome of the FD.

I DO have problems to get scores like 8,80 !!!! for THAT kind of performance.
The bad feeling is: they w ant to surprise us with the very high points more here at the Euro to make us used to it in the Olympic.

Even with that they cannot avoid the scandal, if the judges will do what they expect to do in Vancouver....