Championship Ladies FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies FS

Layfan

Record Breaker
Here's how I see things going into tonight, based on latest practice reports, etc.:

Mirai and Rachel are the favorites to make the Oly team. They hold their fate in their own hands, and have only themselves to blame if they slip up and it costs them the spot.

Ashley is in the driver's seat, and she doesn't know it (or maybe she does!). She skates first out of the four of them, and can put pressure on them with a huge, roof-blowing skate and a massive score to go with it. But she MUST be perfect- if not, she leaves the door wiiide open for the others to leave her behind for good.

Sasha? I don't have much faith in her doing a competitive LP after all these years away. But just the fact that she showed up amidst all this doubt and expectations- that's something to be proud of.

Very nice assessment. I'm most nervous for Mirai and Rachael b/c as you say it's theirs to lose. Sasha's too but I think she will be happy to have tried her best no matter what happens, since coming back proved more difficult than I think even she expected. Go Sasha!! Go Mirai!! Go Rachael!! Go Ashley

Moxie

On the Ice
:no:
Sasha has the total skating package - like Mirai and Alissa (althought Alissa's consistancy sucks...)
rachel bores me...

Alissa just doesn't have the competitive verve. But I bet Scott will try to get her on SOI. Rachael could be a dangerous threat on the international level if she would improve her carriage across the ice (oh that drives me nuts!!) and also pick up some speed.

Go Mirai and Sasha! :clap:

Here we go! Aaargh!!!!!!!
Go Sasha! :love: :rock:
Go Mirai, Ashley, Bebe, Emily, Lanie Diggs, Becky Bereswill, Ellie Kawamura, Kayla Howie, and many more! :clap:

We are here, aren't we? :p

Oh too bad - Kayla w/d. Better luck next year, KH! Christina Maria is attempting a Sasha Start (TM) by redoing her laces just after getting on the ice.

Last edited:

Dark-Eyes

Rinkside
Sasha? I don't have much faith in her doing a competitive LP after all these years away. But just the fact that she showed up amidst all this doubt and expectations- that's something to be proud of.

Just like you didn't have much faith in her showing up, didn't have much faith in her skating a decent SP? She's there, she's in good shape, she didn't show up to barely make it through a LP.

Despite the fear of jinxing my favorite skater in the history of skating, I'm gonna stick my neck out with the following order:

Sasha - Hits it out of the park this time.
Rachael - Skates clean despite having to follow Sasha
Ashley - Skates all out (she has nothing to lose)
Mirai - Crushes under pressure

Rachael may surprise us and not skate clean, in which case, Ashley takes second and wins her spot on the Olympic team, but she has a huge point gap to leap.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Just like you didn't have much faith in her showing up, didn't have much faith in her skating a decent SP? She's there, she's in good shape, she didn't show up to barely make it through a LP.

Despite the fear of jinxing my favorite skater in the history of skating, I'm gonna stick my neck out with the following order:

Sasha - Hits it out of the park this time.
Rachael - Skates clean despite having to follow Sasha
Ashley - Skates all out (she has nothing to lose)
Mirai - Crushes under pressure

Rachael may surprise us and not skate clean, in which case, Ashley takes second and wins her spot on the Olympic team, but she has a huge point gap to leap.

Mirai has the best coach, I think, for learning to skate under pressure, so I have much hope that will not happen.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Has the competition started yet? Because my NBC won't start broadcasting the event for two more hours. I'm assuming we'll miss the first two groups?

A.H.Black

Final Flight
So, is the competition discussion here? Kristina-Marie Sperduto. I thought she skated well. Pretty girl. Loved the dress. She is happy to have skated well.

Oh, I didn't notice that part of DE's prediction. I don't want Mirai to collapse. Rachael can collapse, if anyone. (Sorry, R!)

I'm guessing Kayla Howey withdrew? I missed that part.
Yup and I missed the reason.

BTW, I'm very contented with Tara's announcing. Her voice is absolutely fine by me and she's quite restrained, mainly just naming elements and giving slight editorial comments. She's way better than the Sandra/Scott combo.

Lanie is such a pleasing skater. Not a fabulous outing but she moves so naturally and makes such pretty shapes on the ice. She looks happy skating. And her dress was perfect. It looks like silk. :)

A.H.Black

Final Flight
no idea - why don't they announce music??
There is a graphic at the very beginning of the skate that has it. I often miss them, though. And - I think they are wrong a lot of the time. Laney Diggs did NOT skate to Un Sospero by Liszt. That was Phantom. I like Laney's skating.

silversprings77

Rinkside
gaaaa. i should have bought a subscription this year!!!! :banging: i have to wait until NBC shows it. oh well. guess that means i can eat some dinner and get updates from everone here...

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Kawamura has a very pretty layback position. She pulled it together after a couple of mistakes at the beginning.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Any of you who haven't seen the NBC nightly news - there is a story about Sasha coming up. It's about 16 minutes into the broadcast.