Championship Ladies FS | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies FS

Kissx3

Final Flight
I'd agree that Mirai losing GOEs and PCs to Rachel makes no sense, even with downgrades. All you need to see that are eyes.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Rachael is an efficient CoP skater but lacks something for me.
I prefered Mirai and Ashley tonight

Myla

Rinkside
Gosh, whats that???

Im sooooo angry about these judges!

Rachael's spins are TERRIBLE. Her JUMPS are AWFUL, and she is the Nationals champion????? ah, c'mom, with this presentation, she might be on 15th place at olympics.
Ashley is more consistent, beautiful to watch, and obviously she has a more powerful skating. Love her presentation tonight. So unfair to see her in 3rd.

I really hope Ashley makes the olympic team. She deserves it more than any other skater. Coming down from 4th and doing this amazing presentation tonight is not for everybody.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I like Flatt but I think her spirals and spin were very mediocre. Nagasu's are so surerior that even with the jump downgrades (wish we could see them in slow mo) I think the tech scores should have been closer.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I see no reason in this case not to send the top Two. I think it will be Flatt/Nagasu

amykaren

On the Ice
I was shocked that Rachel won. I thought it was a mistake. I couldnt keep my eyes off Mirai, she was beyond good. I loved it. Very shocked. :scratch:

janetfan

Match Penalty
I like Flatt but I think her spirals and spin were very mediocre. Nagasu's are so surerior that even with the jump downgrades (wish we could see them in slow mo) I think the tech scores should have been closer.

ITA.....Mirai looked superior in every aspect to me tonight

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Gosh, whats that???

Rachael's spins are TERRIBLE. Her JUMPS are AWFUL, and she is the Nationals champion????? ah, c'mom, with this presentation, she might be on 15th place at olympics.
Ashley is more consistent, beautiful to watch, and obviously she has a more powerful skating. Love her presentation tonight. So unfair to see her in 3rd.

I really hope Ashley makes the olympic team. She deserves it more than any other skater. Coming down from 4th and doing this amazing presentation tonight is not for everybody.

Flatt did come fifth last year, with lesser presentation skills, and someone more knowledgeable than I can speak to improvement or not in terms of her jumps etc. So if she came 15th at the Olympics, I'd be stunned. I think even if everyone's perfect, she's still a top ten competitor.

Moxie

On the Ice
I'd agree that Mirai losing GOEs and PCs to Rachel makes no sense, even with downgrades. All you need to see that are eyes.

It's unfair to dock Mirai but not Rachael for her wild landings on almost all her jumps. Lmao at the three judges for not docking GOE on the 3-3.

cornell08

Final Flight
I commend you all for being very diplomatic. Personally, I am pretty pissed off...what, may I ask, constituted the TES and PCS scores??? Clearly, the Flatts either paid the judges or roofied their water bottles-- hey, they're chemical biologists, it could happen. Even if she was still 'better' she was not 20 points better!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Gosh, whats that???

If they don't give that spot to Mirai I'm going to cry. After all she's been through and all her underscored programs, rising above it all, she DESERVES to go. I think putting Ashley on the world team s a good idea though.

magicalwords

On the Ice
Rachael was gifted with GOEs on spins and spiral.. I mean, they're just blegh.. I thought Mirai could've gotten benefit of the doubt on some of them but I guess the tech caller was very strict with her.. and well I'm not the tech caller so can't do anything about that :p but then Rachael's 3T was not DG'd..

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
If they don't give that spot to Mirai I'm going to cry. After all she's been through and all her underscored programs, rising above it all, she DESERVES to go. I think putting Ashley on the world team s a good idea though.

Rachael was overscored last night and tonight.

gourry

Final Flight
Anyone think NBC didn't show much K&C slow motion on purpose?? Mirai's jumps were better than they've ever been, I really can't understand 3 downgrades.. I think she should have won. Rachael's skating is just so sloppy and blehh, not to mention that awful second spin with the attempted I-spin positions.. There's no way she beat Mirai by almost 20 points.

That thought crossed my mind. ITA with everything you said above.

skatemom1122

Final Flight
the tech caller was VERY strict......several downgrades in a lot of the programs....look at czisny and zhang's protocol.....4 downgrades or more in both! Samantha Cesario who I though skated beautifully had all five triples downgraded...wow.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
am sure it will be despite what a few canucks might think about our Nationals

Heh - I was agreeing with you earlier. I just happen to think irritating Grandpa Janetfan is a valid argument for sending someone outside the top two to Vancouver. It says so in the rules (that I'm currently typing up on a wonderfully archaic typewriter).

janetfan

Match Penalty
Heh - I was agreeing with you earlier. I just happen to think irritating Grandpa Janetfan is a valid argument for sending someone outside the top two to Vancouver. It says so in the rules (that I'm currently typing up on a wonderfully archaic typewriter).

I am irritated but not by you. Am irritated Mirai did not win

Phoenix347

Final Flight
For me, the most enjoyable program was Mirai's. She was so enjoyable and so happy... and so much more artistry than Flatt. I have nothing against Flatt but I enjoyed Mirai's program a lot more. I would like to see super slo-mo of both Flatt's and Mirai's jumps.