Ice Dance Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance Free Dance

herios

Medalist
The French Carron/Jones

Oh my another Albinoni Adagio and the same Italian baritone-tenor duet (or quintet, can't tell)...
Free Dance Score: 79.71
Overall Score: 159.52

It is actually a Quartet. Haven't you heard of "Il Divo" ?? I have 3 CD's with them and saw them Live as well.:love:

hauteor

On the Ice
Rus Domnina/Shabalin

Requiem for a dream... Why not throw in Bolero or Carmen while they're at it? In the last 1000 years so much beautiful classical music has been written and that which has survived and is still performed is the best of the best, the mediocre has been forgotten by time, and even this amount is too great to hear in its entirety in a single life time, even if you listen from age 5 non stop till you pass on at 90... So why oh why repeat these themes till your blue in the face?? It must be ignorance, not in a bad way- athletes work insane hours to get where they are and it's very rare for them to have sufficient knowledge in anything else but their sport. So hire musical consultants, say what style and story you want to skate to and they'll find it, don't look for music by browsing through what others have already done...

But the other piece they've bound the music with adds its originality- another tragic story on the ice. She's got blood all over her stockings, the costume is a variation on last years Spartacus slave dress.

The commentators notice the shaky twizzles. I found the lifts in this program uninspiring whereas last year I thought they were gorgeous. I don't think this was a golden performance.

Free Dance Score: 94.98
Overall Score: 199.25

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
I didn't like Dom/Shabs too...they were somehow slow and commentators were stating that maybe this program needs to be practised a bit more to become consistent...
BTW, all Requiem for a dream...also pechalat-bourzat are skating over this...
and I'm liking them and Anna&Luca much more than Dom/Shabs...

hauteor

On the Ice
Fra Pechalat/Bourzat

REQUIEM FOR A DREAM:banging: ???!!!! W...h...y....

Some unfortunate camera angles during the lifts, didn't get what they looked like. This time it's the male partner dripping in blood, not the leg but the face. Nice twizzles. I spoke too soon, not so good after all. Oh an unfortunate acrobatic attempt to lift him, both nearly tumble.

UNIMPRESSED. Last nights mens FS has ruined me...

(Oh, their coach is Zhulin, how lovely- I like him)

Free Dance Score: 92.07
Overall Score: 188.51

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:rofl: I'm unable to watch this , but I'm really enjoying your reportage..do you think Requiem For A Dream can be retired for next year ?...I guess it will be too much to hope for junkies and bloodshed to be retired as well...:rofl:

hauteor

On the Ice
ITA Faiella/Scali

Finally something different... Another bad camera angle, what's wrong with them?? All evening, screwed up half of the lift (for the tv viewers)- but I THINK it was lovely. Gorgeous entrance into lift position. And exit. Maybe my heart is beating so fast that they seem sort of slow, just me? Ooh she lifts him, cool! Bravissimo! Thank you!!!

It was like looking at a Monet painting after being forced to stare at a violent Pollock- a vacation...

Free Dance Score: 96.71
Overall Score: 195.86

So we can all guess who gets gold... Not happy, that can't be the best of the best... At least not yet.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
so...Fede&massi first in both OD and FD, but the CD made the difference...oh, if only they had 4 points more...

Wicked

Final Flight
so...Fede&massi first in both OD and FD, but the CD made the difference...oh, if only they had 4 points more...

I'm so bummed! So it's Domnina and Shabalin gold, Faiella and Scali silver, and Pechalat and Bourzat bronze? Were the Kerrs fourth?

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
no, khoklova - novitski bronze (BTW the programm is not better than the costumes),
pechalt-bourzat 4th
kerrs 5th
cappellini&lanotte 6th

russian fed made its good job :(

hauteor

On the Ice
Rus khohlova/Novitski

I love the Firebird theme together with Saint-Saens Aquarium. Musically the most entertaining and exhilarating, for most of the time- the rock version of the theme in the end is questionable. The most original and beautiful lifts of the night! Real happy to see this premiere of their new program, however I have to say that even I could tell that it was still very raw- the steps and twizzles were shaky and the flow of the elements was broken- they didn't course into each other, but I think once it's been practiced some more it will be quite a sight! Her costume isn't as bad as most would say but for me she looks too naked- this is FIREBIRD- she looks rather plucked, needs more coverage of feather-like details.

Free Dance Score: 93.21
Overall Score: 189.67

Ladies and gentlemen- your bronze medalists.

mystichaze

On the Ice
i wish i could understand what the commentators were saying about domnina-shabalin and the interview that they did afterwards.

hauteor

On the Ice
DomShab said in their interview that they were extremely disappointed by their performance. She looked like someone had taken away all she held dear to her heart. Maxim at least found the will to say that at the very least this performance is a step forward from the Russian nationals. So those of you who think it's unjust for them to get gold- they agree.

Interview with the italians- Faiella is holding back her tears of joy, barely. They're very pleased with the silver.