Kostner leads at Europeans; Korpi second | Golden Skate

Kostner leads at Europeans; Korpi second

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Ladies Short Program event at the 2010 European Figure Skating Championships include 42 skaters from 32 countries competing for 20 spots in the Final tomorrow. This year, the competition has no clear favorites as the most decorated European skaters have been struggling with consistency in recent events, and could have easily been upstaged by less well-known rivals.

More

flesymtuobayzarc

Rinkside
Regarding her plans for tomorrow, Lepisto stated she had a new free program. "I really like it. It helps that I've been able to train it very hard at home.

Why? Why did she change her long programme? The one she used during Grand Prix events was very good (my favourite programme of her).

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
Why? Why did she change her long programme? The one she used during Grand Prix events was very good (my favourite programme of her).

She hasn't changed that program, she still has the tango with a gorgeus step sequence. She changed the program from last season, I think she meant that (I don't know where you got the quotation but she must have meant that).

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Nice to hear that Carolina got it back together. It must have been tough skating at Euros (which is her last shot at making the olympic team) without Frank there.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Posting a link to Carolina's SP. Wow! Out of nowhere, she leaves her troubles behind and pulls out this gorgeous performance. We'll see what happens in the FS but she's certainly back in the mix for in terms of Olympic medal contenders, as far as I'm concerned. I had pretty much started counting her out of the equation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYL1CZuIoQ8

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Nice to hear that Carolina got it back together. It must have been tough skating at Euros (which is her last shot at making the olympic team) without Frank there.

I think Christa Fassi is with her. Carolina's a big girl, being Frank-less probably would't have fazed her. And at any rate, whatever Frank could have done for her was done earlier in California. It looks like his work with her is starting to pay off. It was nice to see the real Carolina out there again, and not that eville twin that sometimes likes to take over at competitions. I thought Korpi was overscored a bit (no surprise, it's been happening all season), and Leonova didn't seem to get downgrade for what most people saw as an underrotated 3T, though I can't find any protocols yet.

Vlad

On the Ice
Final Results

Gold:Carolina Kostner,Silver:Laura Lepisto,Bronze:Elene Gedevanishvili
Well,I'm so glad about georgian skater!She's really deserved her medal!