Ladies Free Skate | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Skate

figuristka

Medalist
When are the exhibitions on? Iam thrilled for Elene too she looked to happy, after the short she got a huge flower bouquet from the Georgian fans and i think her president may have been attending.

sisinka

Medalist
Poor Alena. She is under big pressure. Pisejev should give her more space to find how to concentrate well.

Laura Lepisto won silver medal with two clean jumps - two triple toeloops. I can't believe this. What is new judging system for when it allows anything like this? With old judging system she would be hardly in top 10 - which would be ok btw.

Trewyn

Medalist
I thought Laura was overmarked; triple-triple great but that was the end of the jumps for her tonight. Carolina; fall and pop but other than that, steady; great she's Euro champ again; hopefully that'll gain momentum going into the Olympics and Worlds. Elene a medal... Wow; that's great!!! I also feel Sarah should have been higher in the SP.. Not sure she should have medalled regardless, she got a good score in the FS even though she also made a few mistakes.

And yeah; all 3 three ladies did a triple-triple; that's great! The American ladies should learn to do that too (they did it two years ago; what happened to them?)

All in all, yeah splatfest, pretty much, but I expected nothing less; so overall; it was still pretty exciting.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
While watching the medal ceremony Caro's beauty and grace struck me. When they played the Italian anthem I was misting up. I was just so proud of her.
:bow:

figuristka

Medalist
Right now Joannie is my favourite skater, but i think Caroline showed that she can also compete with the best in the World. Cannot wait for Olympics.

SXTN

Final Flight
what's wrong with caro's loop?? she falls all the time.. they totally destroyed it over the summer and it used to be one of her best jumps...

elene on the podium!!! yeah!!!

sad for meier.... but at least she went up a couple of spots

raress

On the Ice
Caro was robbed on all of her spins no bonus and low levels and Laura recive only level 3 4,this is a joke and Pcs of Laura were the same with Carolina's i think that estonia was wanted to give the title to their neighbors(_|_) !!!But Carolina was To good !!She steel have to work on her loop and flip and some spins !!
Good 3-3!!
But after all Congratulations to Caro and Elene!!!!:bow::clap::thumbsup:!!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Disappointed for the ladies who can't jump enough triples. But happy, happy for Carolina who is on right track to olympics. Loved the interview: "never loose confidence, even if you make mistakes". Happy for Elene also. And touchy to watch Sarah in k&c. She was so glad and looked so relieved. Maybe she had to perform highly to get an olympic ticket?

Now, let's see what the US ladies bring. And let's see if I can stay awake to follow it. :unsure: Go Sasha, Ashley, Rachael, Mirai and all.

Right now Joannie is my favourite skater, but i think Caroline showed that she can also compete with the best in the World. Cannot wait for Olympics.

:agree:

figuristka

Medalist
Caro was robbed on all of her spins no bonus and low levels and Laura recive only level 3 4,this is a joke and Pcs of Laura were the same with Carolina's i think that estonia was wanted to give the title to their neighbors(_|_) !!!But Carolina was To good !!She steel have to work on her loop and flip and some spins !!
Good 3-3!!
But after all Congratulations to Caro and Elene!!!!:bow::clap::thumbsup:!!

Yes i had expected Carolina's free to be higher, at least she can work on that before the Olympics.

figuristka

Medalist
Maybe this is the wrong thread to ask but can we watch the US ladies anywhere online from here in europe? I could not watch the Canadian Nationals as it was blocked outside Canada so had to wait.

hauteor

On the Ice
Real happy for Carolina- her programs are such a pleasure when they are executed with grace.

Not bad for Laura, I like her FS, much more than SP which she has recycled from last year. Again, if she skates it nicely it's a very entertaining and beautiful 4 minutes.

Extremely sad for Kiira, if only her nerves would have coped better. I can't believe Elene medaled- the cheapest bronze I ever did see in my life- the least graceful person on ice in the 101 years the EU Championships have been held. Ugly costume, ugly music and ugly mistakes. I can't believe there was no lady better to kick this one off the podium- I'm mortified, even more so considering the spectacle the Georgian president and his wife have been making of themselves in the Estonian capital- spending like crazy while 75% of their nation are unemployed and giving outrageous anti-russian lectures in our universities. No grace or class on any of their behalf. I am so disappointed she got bronze!

Go ahead, tear me to bits- I DON'T care...