OD "spoilers" | Golden Skate

OD "spoilers"

lulu

Final Flight
Put spoiler in the heading in case you want to watch it on TV-or whatever...

1 Tatiana NAVKA / Roman KOSTOMAROV RUS 61.10 18.70 42.40 8.45 8.30 8.55 8.65 8.50 0.00 #11
2 Albena DENKOVA / Maxim STAVIYSKI BUL 59.04 18.40 40.64 8.20 8.10 8.10 8.15 8.10 0.00 #8
3 Galit CHAIT / Sergei SAKHNOVSKI ISR 55.82 16.10 39.72 7.70 7.90 8.05 7.90 8.10 0.00 #10

BTW: D/L-Canada-were only 3 points behind C/S.

http://www.isufs.org/results/sc2003/SEG008.HTM

lulu

Final Flight
Pictures!-top 3 teams from Yahoo:

N/K

D/S in a rather-um interesting pose....

C/S

so far these are the only teams pictured.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Galit Chait is always so effervescent! She always projects an aura of really loving what she is doing.:love: :love:

registered

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
Galit Chait is always so effervescent! She always projects an aura of really loving what she is doing.:love: :love:

Costumes look kind'a... Halloweenish. Nice display of edges, though.:)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
None of these costumes say 1920's to 1950's era dance outfits, even as cartoons of same. C&S's is closest, if you think about it. Just the colors are wild (and her effervescence is perfect for the era).

Well, as to COP, we should be able to compare the OD's to Skate Americ a.

And at SA, Belbin and Agosto scored 61.27, Delobel / Schoenfelder scored 61.67, compared to Navka/Kostamarov at 61.1 and Denkova/Staviyiski at 59.04, C&S at 55.82. Darn little difference in any of those scores. Except C&S better watch out for B/A and Del/Sch. They are likely to get passed again by 2 teams.

dpp

RealtorGal said:
Maybe so, but Sergei Sakhnovski is the one that makes me really sit up and take notice of this team. I can't decide if he is dashingly handsome or strikingly sinister, but he rivits the attention, IMHO.

Mathman

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I love this team. RGal you are right she seems so happy to be skating. You can tell that she loves what she's doing. As for Sergei. Not "classically handsome" whatever that's supposed to mean LOL. But very interesting. IMO what makes this man attractive, and dare I say sexy is the way he presents Galit. Especially the lifts. He sets her down as if she is a piece of crystal and conveys so much power while she seems very fagile. I don't think that they are a couple but you can tell that he adores her (or is a d*** good actor). Part of their charm is that he looks very masculine with those chiseled features and she is very soft and feminine looking.

Piel

For the Original Dance, what is the difference between the Jitterbug, Boogie-Woogie, and Jive?

Mathman

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I always liked C&S. Then, after the 2000 Worlds, I was so enraged with them getting the bronze instead of D&V, I kind off stopped liking them. But despite everything they are an interesting team, as long as the judges don't overmark them.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Not to beat a dead horse but.......... Just as after SLC the cry was NOT to blame the B/S and S/P for any wrongdoing of the judges shouldn't the same courtesy be extended to C/S?:confused:

If a team is overmarked by the judges It would certainly make the judging more suspect IMO, but it hardly makes the skaters/their program less interesting.

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Piel said:
Not to beat a dead horse but.......... Just as after SLC the cry was NOT to blame the B/S and S/P for any wrongdoing of the judges shouldn't the same courtesy be extended to C/S?:confused:

If a team is overmarked by the judges It would certainly make the judging more suspect IMO, but it hardly makes the skaters/their program less interesting.

Oh, Piel, don't you know that the same courtesies extended to other teams are NEVER extended to C&S ... because they're Israeli... :\

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
RealtorGal, I stronly disagree with what you said. I am Jewish, and one of the reasons I always wanted C&S to win was because I love seeing the Israeli national flag up there. Having said that, for me there is one major difference between SLC scandal and 2000 Worlds. The allegations (yah, yah, yah, I know, allegations are just that) were of truly dispicable behavior by Galit's father. Even if indeed he had nothing to do with actually bribing the judges, I believe it was fairly well documented that he threatened both Navka and Denkova through their coaches. Even though one could say he was just defending his little girl, I found it very reprehensible.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
BravesSkateFan said:
WOAH! is it just my computer or the picture, or is Albena Denkova's dress REALLY bright!

You're right, it is quite bright! I kind of like it. As for that particular pose, well, um... it looks like he's... well, maybe I'd better leave it at that! :laugh: :eek:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I always liked C&S. Then, after the 2000 Worlds, I was so enraged with them getting the bronze instead of D&V, I kind off stopped liking them. But despite everything they are an interesting team, as long as the judges don't overmark them.
Ptichka, I feel the same way about D&V. There is no doubt that they should have gotten the medal. I noticed at Skate Canada that they (C&S) were not well received by the audience. Yes, they only got the polite applause. When they were taking their bows, Sergei was doing this over-extended hand thing and with just the polite applause it looked rather ridiculous. Their costumes were just awful. During practice, Galit wore a blue body suit with what would resemble a tutu (sp?) wrapped around her hips. Several people were making comments about that until we saw their actual costumes, made the tutu thing look rather nice.

Just wanted to throw this in that Albena had the wedgie to beat wedgies. It was very distracting to their program, especially during lifts and splits.:laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Dee writes........

I noticed at Skate Canada that they (C&S) were not well received by the audience. Yes, they only got the polite applause. When they were taking their bows, Sergei was doing this over-extended hand thing and with just the polite applause it looked rather ridiculous. Their costumes were just awful. During practice, Galit wore a blue body suit with what would resemble a tutu (sp?) wrapped around her hips. Several people were making comments about that until we saw their actual costumes, made the tutu thing look rather nice.

Figure skaters have feelings too?

And.........

To avoid critisism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing..............

Not to be crude, but......
Maybe Segei should have given the audience the finger. Would that make everyone happy?

I get the feeling that this pair would be the team you love to hate no matter what they wear, skate to, or wherever they place. There is a double standard when this team is discussed that is not fair. Even if her father did all that was alleged...IT IS NOT FAIR TO BLAME GALIT AND SEGEI!!! The tolerance that is preached on this board is not extended to this pair. For gosh sakes they were portraying CLOWNS. I have never seen a tastefully dressed clown. As for the practice outfit my guess would be that the leotard was worn to determine line (thanks Lad) and the tutu around the hips to allow for spacing when the performance costume was worn that has an actual skirt. :confused:

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Piel, I am not sure what you are trying to say to me but I was reporting on what I noticed. Just my observations.

Dee