Susanna Poykio withdraws from Euros | Golden Skate

Susanna Poykio withdraws from Euros

reynycpr

On the Ice
Next to her name on the free skate start order on the ISU site says "WD".

Anyone know why? Was she injured?
Anyone else think that this will be the last we see of her? :boohoo::no:

Beautiful skater and I always thought she had some of the most beautiful costumes. Too bad she could hardly get her jumps off the ground and rotated half the time.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Here is an article about Susanna

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/urheilu/uutinen.asp?id=1885710

A little referation, hope you understand my english

The topic is about something like, "Did Susanna's career end up to bitter disappoitment?"

It says, that it is possible that short progrman yesterdays maybe was her final performance. Susanna herself has refused to comment her future. She though has an opprtunity to compete in the Nordic championships in the beginning of Feb.

She has not wanted to give up despite her problems in the back, because she had wanted to get in the olympics one more time.

Susanna has almost done her studies in decoration. In addiotion to that she has a place in Univercity of Oulu, where she is going to study Finnish language. She has also said, that maybe she will work as a journalist in the future.

Edit: I can't translate this, but this serious: "välilevyn kuorikerrosten halkeamat", it means she have somekind of "cracks in the intervertebal disc", hope i picked the right words from the dictionary, there were quite many alternatives t choose.

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thanks for the information. Hope she can do some skating in the future though :yes: whether in competiions or shows.

ankka

Rinkside
I kinda feel sorry for her... It must be devastating to suffer from an injury on an Olympic year.

N

n_halifax

I kinda feel sorry for her... It must be devastating to suffer from an injury on an Olympic year.

I share your sentiments. Susanna is a lovely skater and it's truly sad to see her struggle when she obviously wanted the opportunity so badly. I'd be very surprised to see her compete at the Nordic Games.