Senior Free Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Senior Free Dance

gourry

Final Flight
OMG! Meryl and Charlie won! I still love Samson and Delilah slightly more but Phantom is also amazing! Woohoo!!!:clap:

silversprings77

Rinkside
with a performance like this it will be interesting to see what the olympic selection committee does...i love their lifts.

Holy crap they nailed it!!! ohhhh i would hate to be onthe selection committee right now....why cant we have 4 spots? :p

Last edited:

i love to skate

Medalist
I hate this music but S/B are going to be going to Vancouver over the other team, I think. Much cleaner, better extension, better speed, harder footwork and twizzles.

Sernando

Rinkside
OMG! Meryl and Charlie won! I still love Samson and Delilah slightly more but Phantom is also amazing! Woohoo!!!:clap:

YEA!!! FOR MERYL AND CHARLIE!!!!!:agree::agree:
SO HAPPY FOR THEM!!!
can we say that D/W is now one of the favorite for gold at Olympics?

what's the deduction for?

have to say that I liked their last year's FD more too.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Yes, Phantom is so overused and old (it even has a sequel now, ffs). But Davis/White were in a different ballpark, a shinier and better one. Given B/A's score, Davis/White should've broken 110.

silversprings77

Rinkside
congrats to the top 3. s/b put on one heck of a case for a trip to vancouver. but i feel so much for n/b...its almost like most of the time they are always the bridesmaids but never the bride...looks like alternates again...

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I don't get S/B...I want to, I just don't.
For the past 2 years, I have loved their OD. However, their FD puts me to sleep. It's the music. They have great quality has skaters. But the music choice is just not up to par. Granted, this year's music choice is better and I do like it - but not for a FD program. As Tracy said, it's predictable and just one tempo. I don't know who their choreographer is, but they need a new one who can pick better music for the FD.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
For the past 2 years, I have loved their OD. However, their FD puts me to sleep. It's the music. They have great quality has skaters. But the music choice is just not up to par. Granted, this year's music choice is better and I do like it - but not for a FD program. As Tracy said, it's predictable and just one tempo. I don't know who their choreographer is, but they need a new one who can pick better music for the FD.

I definetly think music is problem. I just had a hard time keeping my attention on them. I hate to say it, but it was kind of boring.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
1. Yes, I think we can say that D/W are one of the favourites for the Gold Medal - and in my mind, there are only two.

2. I can definitely understand why S/B don't appeal to everyone. Right now, their free programs (generally the make-or-break with fans) tend to be based on less famous, repetitive music. This year particularly I get it - Evan is grinning throughout the entire thing and he really shouldn't be. But they create such lovely pictures with their bodies - the transition lift is a thing of beauty. To me, it's like their movements create the tempo of the program, it's build and flow, and I'm fine with that.

3. Emily's giddy laughter after their score was read was awesome.

4. NavBom will likely go to worlds - I think B/A will retire after Vancouver. But the young ones are coming (not just Chock and Zuerlein, but next season the Shibutanis will likely be seniors - nationally, if not internationally).

i love to skate

Medalist
Who is this interviewer?? She totally just cut Emily off when she was talking!

Oh my god Dick. Stop talking! "toodle bumps" wtf!