Senior Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Senior Free Dance

Sernando

Rinkside
the fluff piece on D&W was so cute. Can't imagine how far the shy Meryl and Charlie have come to today's polished skaters.

ah, B/A, the costume is too complicated... umm...
it's just something has changed about them :(. really liked the earlier B/A.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it was skated well, I just don't get the choreography

why is NBC fixated on the "religious" theme? is that supposed to be bad/controversial?

gourry

Final Flight
Hm. I like this program a lot more than last season's Tosca. But their costumes...

i love to skate

Medalist
B/A looked really tight and nervous. I don't understand that program though and find it somewhat frantic. I like some of their lifts - especially the one where she is on his foot and she hits that amazing arc and position with her back! They seemed slow in the footwork.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Horribly constructed program from B/A that rarely made use of the rhythms or dynamics in the music. Beyond a few religious poses, it could've been skated to silence. And silence would be preferable, given how awful that music was. My eardrums have been crucified.

lmarie086

Medalist
The move to Linichuk has made B/A into much better skaters (Tanith most notably) but I miss the old them. This is not them. Even with the music changes to add excitement, I don't get any excitement coming from within them. And it's sad because even though they've never been my favorite team, they used to excel at bringing that feeling from within. It's not there for me now.

And the costumes don't match the program at all- kinda changes the message for me. Reminds me of V/M's Pink Floyd from last season; their original outfits made it very hippy for me, but then going to all black at Worlds totally changed it for me. That's happened for me here, but not for the better IMO.

Score: 106.something....Into first. I agree with those who said they looked tight- I really just want to see them let go and let the skating flow.

silversprings77

Rinkside
they keep forgetting names...we had tanith & belbin earlier and now its meryl & davis :)

not the biggest fan of this broadcasting crew...its been a while since i watched FS on tv...

Good luck N/B. i've always liked these guys

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Guess I'm the only one that likes that program/music. its my 2nd favorite program of thiers after the Chopin program from a few years ago.