European Championships 2010 Gala | Golden Skate

European Championships 2010 Gala

hauteor

On the Ice
Oh and Eurosport will also show it, but something like 7 hours later- thought you'd like the live coverage!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
What was Kiira Korpi thinking? That was just... strange. I'm confused what about the song made her think she should dress up in a sparkly cop uniform and then strip. Does anyone know? :scratch:

figuristka

Medalist
Stephan Lambiel, a french song. WOW i could watch this over and over and never get bored. So beautiful, what an artist. Such emotion.

Kinga

Medalist
gosh looked like lingerie on Elena Glebova.
Or even worse.. Very strange design.

Stephan Lambiel, a french song. WOW i could watch this over and over and never get bored. So beautiful, what an artist. Such emotion.
I already know that this was the highlight of this gala.. :bow:
I know that people enjoy Joubert a lot, but compared to Lambiel that was just plane, although I realize that Joubert's exhibition is in totally different character.
Let's see what Plushenko comes up with :)

figuristka

Medalist
Lambiel was still the highlight of the whole show to me. Plushenko wow 2 triple axels, 3-3, and a huge flying sit. He certainly is a consistant skater even in spotlight.

shine

Record Breaker
Lambiel was still the highlight of the whole show to me.
There's just no words. I've never seen a skater express emotions so beautifully and freely on the ice. He's a true artist. I feel so blessed to be able to follow his career as a skating fan.

schiele

Final Flight
There's just no words. I've never seen a skater express emotions so beautifully and freely on the ice. He's a true artist. I feel so blessed to be able to follow his career as a skating fan.

Yes, it was absolutely marvellous. I enjoy Brian's galas a lot too, they are totally different in character but also great.. Brian and Lambiel were the highlights here.. ( I also adore K&S's blues to Gary Moore but I may be the only one as always)..
What a shame what Lambiel has created for LP and SP this season doesn't even remotely come close to what he has done with this Jaques Brel gala programme. The feeling, the passion, the exquisite moves to the music in the gala, whereas all I see is reshuffling of old programmes in the LP. :cool:
B, I also thought it was very strange what Kiira did. When I first saw the costume I thought it would be great fun but then I saw the music selection to it and I was very confused. It did not make any sense to me at all.To be brutally frank, I actually thought it was as a poor attempt to apply some male fetish fantasy to the ice.
Since we're talking about poor costume choices, errr Caro K, please never again! :laugh::laugh:

Kinga

Medalist
What a shame what Lambiel has created for LP and SP this season doesn't even remotely come close to what he has done with this Jaques Brel gala programme. The feeling, the passion, the exquisite moves to the music in the gala, whereas all I see is reshuffling of old programmes in the LP. :cool:
B, :

I agree. I thought his first LP for this season (tango?) was so much better.

I also enjoyed Brezina a lot! He is very musical and he might become an artist just like Lambiel.

seniorita

Record Breaker
joubert got the biggest rythme applause while skating! All arena caught with him!I loved it! Exhibition is to relax a little!
Stephan was magic!
Plush was just aetherial:love:
Standing ovation for three of them!!!!

I saw the morning practice of gala, it was so fun!!!!
You needed to see what kira was planning to wear first time. :rolleye:A sparkling pink short as never dress. She wore it in practice. When she took off the costume thing all men eyes popped up.:eek:
Glebova also wore this travesty of a dress with make up in morning practice.Awful, her program also!!!
The first person i saw in front of me at the morning was Shabalin in the matrix costume with the sunglasses! I got scared to helll!Oksana was with human clothes.

The choreographer was trying to put them all together, Plushy arrived late and missed the first steps and then the guys were making fun cause he didnt know what to do and was following them. I loved their goofying thing. They didnt do what they were told and fooling around.:laugh: It was hilarious, they were asked by microfone to behave.

Also a bunch of the women were always around the trio medalists, stephan mostly with natalie, plushy with carolina and kira and jouby with natalie also;)
They also gave a kid to hand to each skater and Stephan had a cute cute one who was looking at him like God in the eyes, Plush got a little blonde mullet boy who was embarassed and didnt look at his direction and Plush was doing the monkey around him to play!Then he gave him a hug and it was so cuuuute!
In the practice they were supposed to fall down after a spin and Plush forgot it and did the shoot the duck thing in exhibition and almost crashed to boards:laugh:
Lambiel is a great teaser!!!was doing his crazy dance during breaks.

Jouby looked a little sad but we were cheering for him in the morning! But at the night he rocked!!! Brezina was too light and i love this song!!!Did tv showed the belly dance of plush with oksana at the end?

i dont remember more now.:eek:

hauteor

On the Ice
I'm really glad that Lambiel finally skated a flawless Ne me quitte pas and where else but Tallinn. There are like 3-4 different recordings of this program in youtube and every one of them is flawed- falls on jumps, toutcing the ice on landings, fall while silmpy skating backwards... Tragic really. Finally a golden performance for youtube.

Joubert and Smirnof were dressed looking like they would probably be leaving the party together...