European Championships 2010 Gala | Page 2 | Golden Skate

European Championships 2010 Gala

seniorita

Record Breaker
Smirnov went for a guys out night with Plush and the other pair russian male whose name i can never remember. :p

schiele

Final Flight
Smirnov went for a guys out night with Plush and the other pair russian male whose name i can never remember. :p

Seniorita, while I can understand the source for the rest of your entertaining gossips and I can forgive you for meeting Jouby too many times, I am bedazzled as to how you know this one??? Did you tag along for the ride? :rofl::rofl:

seniorita

Record Breaker
No, I just saw them going out at late night all clean and tide (totally checking out material but i behaved nonchalant and like a lady:boohoo:) when I was walking back to my room. :pThey were entering a taxi laughing and I have no clue what they were saying, so I figured out they are happy going out without their women:biggrin:

I was also flying with many skaters back to my connecting flight ande entered the smoking area to find to my surprise a whole bunch of skaters:sheesh: saw who smokes which i didnt like at all. Plush doesnt smoke, thank god, at least there :biggrin:

Last edited:

figuristka

Medalist
Thanks seniorita for all your observations. What fun those competitions are. Not attended one since 2002. :cry:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Lambiel´s "Ne Me Quitte Pas" was fantastic. He is such a wonderful artist!!!

Last edited:

schiele

Final Flight
More skaters than you would think smoke. Nicole Bobek and Artur Dimitriev were both heavy smokers during their amateur careers. It's not a healthy habit but it's not the end of the world... at least IMO, but then again, I am a smoker and smoked when I competed...

Wow, I find this totally suprising. As an ex-smoker, I cannot believe you'd be a top athlete and continue smoking. They mostly do not drink alcohol, right? So why continue smoking which is much worse for stamina? Weird.. I'm curious which of the smokers you caught there Seniorita..

seniorita

Record Breaker
I'm curious which of the smokers you caught there Seniorita..

I dont kiss and tell:boohoo:
I find it shocking that someone of their level would smoke and be able to compete. It is not like I m going out for a drink so I had a cig with my friends.It was 6 am in the morning in the smoke cube of airport, I mean , come on. Anyway..
too bad you missed the belly dance!
Plush can move his waist in all directions.:biggrin: I was not looking at oksana.:eek:

Medusa

Record Breaker
I've heard that lots and lots of the Russian skaters smoke. I think Kavaguti said it once, that she was so happy to be able to room with Domnina, because she is one of the few Russian skaters who doesn't smoke.

Doesn't Lambiel smoke? There was a weird article after Worlds 2008 that indicated that, I think.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I've heard that lots and lots of the Russian skaters smoke. I think Kavaguti said it once, that she was so happy to be able to room with Domnina, because she is one of the few Russian skaters who doesn't smoke.

unlike their partners;)
i didnt see stephan smoking, he was also flying in the morning like me but i saw him shopping only. On second thought, I m not sure it was even him, he was dressed with black long jacket and scarf, i was too sleepy to investigate more.
Papa Mishin was also in the flight and was reading a book all the time.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I remember that there was an article a while back when Brian Joubert was interviewed by Goldenskate, and he commented that he did not smoke, because he felt that was a nasty habit (which I agree with), and that it was true that many of the Russian athletes that he had met did smoke.

figuristka

Medalist
Wow, I find this totally suprising. As an ex-smoker, I cannot believe you'd be a top athlete and continue smoking. They mostly do not drink alcohol, right? So why continue smoking which is much worse for stamina? Weird.. I'm curious which of the smokers you caught there Seniorita..

Maybe some just smoke as a social thing on occasion? Many skater's have a few drinks after an event its pretty normal.

I liked the clip i found of Stephan Lambiel doing a compulsory dance :) Maybe he can come back for the next Olympics after Vancouver in Ice dance ;):p

viv

On the Ice
What was Kiira Korpi thinking? That was just... strange. I'm confused what about the song made her think she should dress up in a sparkly cop uniform and then strip. Does anyone know? :scratch:

The uniform is related to the video of the song in which Beyonce is acting as a lady cop whose boyfriend also is a cop. He is jealous on the cop she is working with and she also is jealous on another woman, but in the end they reconciliate. The vid is played very often on MTV Europe and though very popular here, but if you don't know it you obviously can't get the point of Kiiras dress.

rainisland

Rinkside
The vid is played very often on MTV Europe and though very popular here, but if you don't know it you obviously can't get the point of Kiiras dress.
Thanks for this, I have never seen this video, so I was confused, too.
;)
Kiira is always beautiful, anyway......

Kati

On the Ice
The uniform is related to the video of the song in which Beyonce is acting as a lady cop whose boyfriend also is a cop. He is jealous on the cop she is working with and she also is jealous on another woman, but in the end they reconciliate. The vid is played very often on MTV Europe and though very popular here, but if you don't know it you obviously can't get the point of Kiiras dress.

Ok, that makes sense... There have been many photos of Kiira in that police uniform in Finnish newspapers, and Finnish cops love her, because she said "what could be more masculine than a policeman"... :p