Dream Vancouver Podiums | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Dream Vancouver Podiums

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Ladies: don't care
Men: don't care
Dance: don't care
Pairs: Shen and Zhao for gold

No matter what happens at this Olympics, I will cry my eyes out to see Shen and Zhao win Pairs gold. I've watched them since when they first came on the international scene back in early 90s. They were horrible, no lines, stiff as a log, no choreo, just jumps. But look at them now. They have gotten better and better, through all the highs and lows, first in the shadow of the powerful Russian skaters than, ignored during the storm of 2002 pairs judging fiasco, injuries in 2006. Now, they most clearly portray why they skate. They only express sheer joy and love for skating when they skate. This comes from experience money can't buy.

I totally agree! I want them to win so much!:yes:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Anyone not want Yu-Na Kim on the podium? Seems like pretty much everybody does :biggrin:

Mao says her shot at winning OGM is 80% ...really Mao? Anyone else find Yu-Na's skating so much better than Mao's?

miki88

Medalist
Anyone not want Yu-Na Kim on the podium? Seems like pretty much everybody does :biggrin:

Mao says her shot at winning OGM is 80% ...really Mao? Anyone else find Yu-Na's skating so much better than Mao's?

I think that quote was taken out of context. Mao said she was 80% toward reaching her goal (I think it means her preparation rather than her chance of winning). Anyways, either way, will she say she has 50% or lower to the people who expect her to win the thing?

ankka

Rinkside
Apart from Lepisto it could. Miki and Carolina are two of the best skaters that will be there and given Mao's recent struggles and Joannie's inconsistency, switch Lepisto with Kim and that very well could be the podiu,m

I think all THREE (Ando, Kostner and Lepistö) have the potential to medal IF they skate to their full potential. But at least for Kostner and Lepistö it is a huge if. They've got it all, amazing skating and performance skills, even potential of jumping very well, but their nerves... Sigh. So, my "never gonna happen" was mainly that I seriously doubt that both Laura and Carolina would do well in the same competition :D And I know that for all three of them to actually reach the podium would require at least Asada, Kim and Rochette making errors.

reynycpr

On the Ice
Ladies
1. Kostner
2. Korpi
3. Nagasu or Phaneuf

Men
1. Lambiel
2. Abbott
3. Weir

Pairs
1. Shen/Zhao
2. Savchenko/Szolkowy
3. Kavaguti/Smirnov

Ice Dance
1. Davis/White
2. Kerr/Kerr
3. Virtue/Moir

Last edited:

Sophia KP

Rinkside
:clap:

Men
1. brian
2. evgeni
3. chan

Ladies
1. Yuna
2. Joannie
3. Miki

pair
1. Shen/zao
2. savchenko / szolkowy
3. zhang /zhang

Dance

1. virtue /moir
2. Domniina/ shabalin
3.davis/ white

moonfs

Rinkside
Men:

1. Abott
2. Takahashi
3. Joubert

Ladies:

1. Asada
2. Kim
3. Ando

Pairs:

1. Shen & Zhao
2. Kavaguti & Smirnov
3. Savchenko & Szolkowy

Dance:

1. Virtue & Moir
2. Kerr & Kerr
3. Davis & White

evangeline

Record Breaker
The men's event is the only one that I'm emotionally invested in enough to cultivate such delusional picks, so:
1) Lambiel
2) Abbott
3) Takahashi

skate4ever

Rinkside
I think the Olympic Games have shaped up to be as exciting as ever.
Asada coming off a win at 4CC, Kostner bounding back at the Euros, Flatt and Nagasu skating wonderfully at the Nationals, Yuna coming down to earth at SA and GPF, Rochette maintaining a superb shape, etc.
As for men, we have Lambiel, Plushenko, Joubert, the Americans, the Japanese, etc... all in the thick of things.
Who can ask for more?

My dream podium

Men
G: Plushenko
S: Joubert
B: Abbott

Ladies
G: Kim
S: Nagasu
B: Asada

Now, where can I bet some actual cash?

aurora100

Final Flight
I think the Olympic Games have shaped up to be as exciting as ever.

Now, where can I bet some actual cash?

You sure you want to bet real money? I agree with you that it is going to be really exciting. Except for Pairs, where I am praying for S & Z gold medal for sentimental reasons, I can accept any of the contenders to medal any where. My only wish is that everyone brings their best game and put them down. And then, let the cards fall where they may. But there is always the wild card. You just never know what will happen in Olympic skating. So if I were you I'd keep my cash close when it comes to figure skating. :)

aurora100

Final Flight
So far from tallying the dreams our COLLECTIVE dreams for the singles are:

LADIES
GOLD: Kim
SILVER: Asada
BRONZE: Rochette

Kim has near 40 votes overall and the most for both gold and bronze (so I gave bronze to Rochette who had the 2nd most)
Asada has near 30 votes overall and the most for silver
Ando, Rochette, and Nagasu have nearly 20 votes each overall

MEN
GOLD: Lambiel
SILVER: Takahashi
BRONZE: Abbott

Lambiel has near 25 votes overall and the most for gold with a dozen
Abbott equals Lambiel in overall votes, but received the most for bronze
Joubert surpasses Takahashi in overall votes, but Daisuke had the most for silver
Plushenko has about 15 overall, Oda and Weir had 10 or so

I find the Men's dream podium votes so far to be very interesting... but this is a DREAM after all!

Keep dreaming!

What about the Pairs, have you tallied? It seems like S/Z is on everyone's list? Are they not? They are rare sentimental favourite and based on performance/technical/artistry favourite of just about everyone I think.

fairly4

Medalist
usoc has came out with article about who they think will win--men- gold evgeny, silver -evan bronze patrick,
dance davis and white gold, silver dominin and shablin silver and virtue and moir -bronze, pair-zhen zhou gold, german team 2nd and pang and tong 3rd,women yu-na gold, mao silver and miki third.

jennylovskt

Medalist
usoc has came out with article about who they think will win--men- gold evgeny, silver -evan bronze patrick,
dance davis and white gold, silver dominin and shablin silver and virtue and moir -bronze, pair-zhen zhou gold, german team 2nd and pang and tong 3rd,women yu-na gold, mao silver and miki third.

Wow! That'll be dreadful if it's really like that. Lambiel and Joubert off, but Evan's on?

Figure88

On the Ice
I think Evan has a good chance with at least silver providing he doesn't mess up. I mean, he gets huge points from ISU judges even in a program with flaws. We have really seen what Lambiel could do, plus he's injured. Isn't Joubert injured as well?

Personally, I can't stand either Pluschenko's programs or personality. I'd rather see Evan win the gold at the Olympics.

Patrick as in Patrick Chan? Why not any Japanese men?

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker

Olympic Committee has come out with a potential podium?? Huh?? What 's this???

ARipp42014

Medalist
Here's my dream podium

Pairs
Gold: S/Z We would have a fairy tale ending for them :love:
Silver: S/S I :love: their "Out Of Africa" LP but they will come up short
Bronze: P/T Wuzrobbed in Torino, deserve a medal

Mens
Gold: Stephane Lambiel Too bad he gave up on his 3A but everything else is swoonworthy
Silver: Jeremy Abbott If he perform the same way he did at Nationals, he's in
Bronze: Daisuke Takahashi Always loved the guy and just :love: with "La Stada"

As a matter of fact, any of the 3 winning gold would be great! :agree:

Ice Dance
Gold & Silver: V/M or D/W Do we need to ask why? Team Marina & Igor all the way! :bow::bow::bow::bow:
Bronze: B/A I wanna see a NA sweep

I would've placed Del/Sch for bronze but I'm afraid they're gonna be rusty from the nearly 15-month layoff.

Ladies
Gold: Yu-Na Kim She's gonna skate 2 clean programs. Mark my words! :agree::bow:
Silver: Joannie Rochette Love "S&D" and if she performs the same way as she did at Nationals, she might give Yu-Na a run :rock:
Bronze: Mao Asada Since none of us can't convince her to leave TAT or to change that costume, I just hope she finishes the season on a high note. No DGs on those 3As! :clap:

Trewyn

Medalist
For Men's I'm dreaming of a tri-continental podium; something like:
1. Abott
2. Lambiel
3. Oda
But I like so many other guys too.. I'm not a fan of Plushenko (but my friend who I'm going to be watching the Olympics with loves him) and Evan (deservedly world champ last year; this year; someone else with more artistry and less hideous costumes pwetty pwease).

For Ladies: I'm hoping that not all of the podium are Asian. Not because I don't like Asians, that'd be a silly reason; just because I like to have more continents in the mix; but an all Asian podium is at this point quite likely, and it would be fair since it would reflect their dominance during the past quad. Still; I hope at least one North-American or European fights her way to the podium. I wouldn't mind if it were Carolina Kostner; I know she's been inconsistent, but it would be so cool if she delivered when it counted. Or Joannie Rochette; I liked last season's programs better, but if she can skate a LP like she did at Japan Open; I say give her the medal!!!!

Oh; and I would like Akiko to be on the podium :)

For Dance: I would love for V/M to win and for Delobel/Schoenfelder to medal!

For Pairs: I love the German team's programs; I think they're so artistic and have an amazing quality to their skating; but competition is going to be fierce...

Last edited:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Here's my (realistic) dream podium:

Mens

1) Brian (surprise, surprise ^^):laugh:
2) Stéphane:bow:
3) Tomas

I'd like Dai to come fourth too, and maybe Oda and Chan following.

Ladies

1) Yu-Na Kim
2) Mao Asada
3) Hesitating between Carolina and Miki

Pairs

1) S/Z
2) S/S
3) P/T

Ice dancing

It's quite tough. I definitly want D/W on their. For Del/Schoes, it depends on their program. I'm not too keen on V/M or B/A and Dom/Shabs even less so. I like P/B and K/K. K/N aren't as good this year as they usually are.