7 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 178.80 5 7
8 Chengjiang LI CHN 173.13 6 8
9 Stanick JEANNETTE FRA 162.46 9 9
10 Stanislav TIMCHENKO RUS 156.49 8 11
11 Fedor ANDREEV CAN 156.00 10 10

bleuchick

On the Ice
OMG.....I LOVE JEFF BUFFLE PROGRAM...OMG

OMG you guys have to see this program!!!! Wohoooo!!!!!!I cried...last time I did this was in pairs 2001...NEVER in singles. Whoooo...

I can't believe it....he skated last and beat QUAD HONDA

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Even more amazing was Kevin VDP placing THIRD in the LP after finishing 11th in the SP. That's what I like about this whole new system: the movement that it allows. It's NOT all over after the SP, and skaters can still be extremely motivated even after a mediocre SP.

chania36

On the Ice
Again, Sandhu did not do well in the long program, this guy can do is short program very well but does not produce anything in the long, I hope that one day, for him, he will be able to deal with those nerves of his because if he does not, he will never be able to be in the top skaters in the world but if he does, his potential is phenomenal.

bleuchick

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
Even more amazing was Kevin VDP placing THIRD in the LP after finishing 11th in the SP. That's what I like about this whole new system: the movement that it allows. It's NOT all over after the SP, and skaters can still be extremely motivated even after a mediocre SP.

btw, I know someone who attend the event who said his program was amazing too! CTV did not show it. Hopefully ESPN/ABC will show Kevin's program

Blade1

On the Ice
WHOOOHOO! I am tickled pink with Jeff's peformance tonight. A SILVER METAL. WOW !! I am so thrilled and proud of him. I loved his program, such emotion is shown throughout his skate. Its too bad about his quad, but he got alot of height from what I saw. LOVE the costume as well. What a great way to start off the season Jeff. Northern Ontario is proud of ya !!

Congrats to Plushy as well. I liked his long program, again the way every detail he skates so "on" with ever note of the music. Fabulous ! Its too bad he wasn't feeling his 100% tonight, and he was slowing down a bit near the end. But that is to be expected. So CONGRATS to Plushy as well.

As for Eman, well I am not really much of a fan of him, and everytime I watch him he is just on and off and honestly its boring. Same old Eman. I didn't like his costume much either !

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
RealtorGal said:

Rgal, ITA. Seems under the old system judges would never rank a skater 3 in the LP after a 11 in the SP - if for nothing else aside from principal.

tharrtell ... optimistically less wary about the CoP?!?!?!

I agree with Tharrtell and Rgirl. One of the best things about the CoP is that it does away with the old "controls his own destiny" (third place after the short) versus "needs help" (fourth place).

Mathman

I picked Kevin to win this. Of course, I wasn't serious but now maybe he'll be podium bound at Euros. Oh how I would love to see the entire Men's Competition at Euros. What a blast!!

Very happy for Jeff Buttle. I've always seen a lot of talent there but SP and Long have always been a problem.

Question for all the Men: Is Plush vulnerable?

Joe

rain

Record Breaker
Mens LP

COP certainly is making things interesting. It really favours the skaters who are all-round excellent. It's not just the jumps anymore, thank goodness. I'd like to see someone come out and really challenge Plushenko, though I guess we'll have to wait on that. Jeff Buttle may be that guy in the future. He has great spins, footwork, spirals, and can really present a program. He is steadily improving on the jumps and seems to be able to come through in a pinch. Love his new program. I can't wait to see more of him this season.

Janet B

Spectator
I think people to know the emanual had sprained his ankle on the Saterday morning in practice and was still able to land two triple axels. One in combiation with a triple toe loop and triple loop, Yes that was three jumps in a row. So I don't think he did that bad after all.

Janet

curious

Final Flight
Plushy was vulnerable because he had to deal with the flu and a bad knee but when he is 100% forget it.:D

Jhar55

Medalist
This was the first time I've seen Kevin. He was wonderful and hope to see more of this up and coming skater.:love:

CB1AB2

Medalist
I have read other post about Jeffery Buttle but this is the first time that I have seen him skate and I was impressed. I liked his style. His jumps were awesome. I think he was better than Evgeni. ( I know his knee was bothering him=so for his fans please don't give me a nasty reply to that statement )
I do hope that he does feel better.

cb

CartDi

Rinkside
I hadn't seen Kevin van der Perren before this, I thought he was pretty good, hopefully we'll see more of him... I absolutely loved Jeffrey Buttle's long program. I've been a fan for only a short while, but I've always thought he could be really good. I think his spread eagles are gorgeous, and he even did a nice ina bauer and some spirals. If only he can land that quad in his programs, I think he could go even farther.

I like Emanuel too, I was sad that he messed up so bad in the long... :\