Nancy Kerrigan's father dies | Golden Skate

Nancy Kerrigan's father dies

jcoates

Medalist
Just read about this . This is very sad. All the best to her family as this sort this all out.

Just awful.

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
A father and mother who loved their skating daughter and whose devotion to her was made very public during her skating career. They stood by her after violence almost doomed her Olympic appearance - and now the father is dead. How very sad for Nancy , who has done so much for the sport of skating. My heart goes out to her and her mother.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Nancy just never gets a break, does she? My heart goes out to her and her family at this very troubled time.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a horrible difficult situation. I feel for Nancy and her mother. I hope the brother gets more help.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Such a sad situation. My sympathies to Nancy and her family.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is such a horrible loss. :cry: My thoughts, prayers, and condolences to Nancy, her mother Brenda, and family.

lcd

Match Penalty
So sad. Circumstances very different obviously, but still, eerily reminiscent of the stabbing to death murder of Elizabeth Punsalan's father by her father just before the Olympics.

N

n_halifax

So sad. Circumstances very different obviously, but still, eerily reminiscent of the stabbing to death murder of Elizabeth Punsalan's father by her father just before the Olympics.

VERY TRUE! I had completely forgotten about that very sad moment. You mean "by her brother" though. Here is an article about it I found:

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/02/06/s...e-dancer-s-father-found-stabbed-to-death.html

I can't get over how talked about this new and horrible tragedy is though - I have heard at least three different people (non-skating people) bring it up in the past DAY. I think everyone just feels so much for someone who had already faced such a horrible tragedy (right before the Olympics ironically) before. Poor Nancy. I just feel so bad for her. :cry:

kyla2

Final Flight
Heartbreaking

Heartbreaking for the whole family. Nancy's mother is blind and her husband was a huge support for her. So this is tragic on many levels. My prayers go to the entire family.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Well, the silver lining is that maybe this will increase interest in figure skating in the US a little, and at just the right time, too. It wouldn't be the first time tragedy for Nancy turned into ratings gold for skating.