Nightmare Vancouver Podiums | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Nightmare Vancouver Podiums

CassAgain

On the Ice
I'm on the Plushenko/Joubert/Lysacek nightmare train.

Flatt for the ladies.

Anyone but S/Z for the gold in pairs.

Either of the D/Ss in ice dance.

Any other configurations are fine!

R.D.

Record Breaker
There are so many skaters that I want on the podium in all disciplines but only one who I don't want to see there- Plush. His arrogance ruins my ability to enjoy anything about his skating.

Actually, now that I think about it, Plushenko has won the OGM already. I could do without him winning again, although in the end I don't care much at all. Now, for the ladies, as long as Rochette or Suzuki doesn't win I'm fine, although I can think of other undesirable outcomes there as well.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
**Crosses fingers that my nightmare podium doesnt become true**

Men:
1. Chan
2. Plushenko
3. Lysacek

Ladies:
1. Flatt (I would absolutely DIE...really dont think she deserved the gold at Nats)
2. Kostner
3. Lepisto (never got her as a skater)

Pairs:
1. M/T
2. Z/Z
3. V/M

Sidenote: I actually like Kavaguti/Smirnov but they def shld not get gold when S/S and S/Z are concerned...

Dance:
1. Domnina/Shabalin
2. K/N (used to like them but their Firebird fd is ATROCIOUS!!!!!!)
3. V/M or D/W (they def dont deserve bronze since they should be getting gold or silver)

betoncookie

Rinkside
I guess nightmares are subjective things. My Podium Scream Team would be any man who medals without at least one quad, a Flatt that doesn't go splat in the Ladies event, and any skater in any discipline who medals dressed like a circus pony.

Audrey19

On the Ice
There's one thing I really don't get: why are people mentioning DelSchoes as a nightmare???

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There's one thing I really don't get: why are people mentioning DelSchoes as a nightmare???

Hey Audrey19! It's just my guess, but maybe some view them medaling at the Olympics as a nightmare because they haven't competed even once this season and none of us have seen their full programs in any phase of the ice dance competition. I personally love Isabelle and Olivier, but even I can't predict them as my dream Olympic gold medalists in the thread on this forum because I have no idea of the quality of their programs or their music selections for this season, and whether or not I will like their programs. If Isa and Oli win OG, I will be very excited for them and I will believe they truly deserved it because they are wonderful dancers, but I wish we had seen them compete this season, at Europeans at least. GO D/S . . . I HOPE YOU DO YOUR BEST!!! :love::clap:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Ladies:

1.) Lepisto (with 1 to 3 triples in the FS):banging:
2.) Leonova
3.) McCorkell

Men:

1.) Plushenko (he's boring)
2.) Weir
3.) Brezina

None of them are hot! :no:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Here are my (realistic nightmare podiums)

Men

Lysacek, (he's one of the last 6.0 skaters left, but he bores me), Plushenko (He's a great technician but this year's programs are dreadful and he's already one enough medals), Chan (Although he's a great skater, he hasn't been around long enough, plus it's would make the Canadian federation happy)

Ladies
Flatt (I like here, but like Chan, it would be too soon), Lepisto (I never got it) and anybody else who isn't Yu-Na, Mao, Miki or Carolina.

Ice-dancing

Dom/Shabs (need I explain why?)
B/A (these guys have got everything for them, only their FD's are allways out of the subject)
V/M (good quality skating but dead boring)

Pairs
D/D (Yawn)
K/S (I liked what they did last year, but this year is just awful)
M/T (two ok Russian teams in front of people like S/Z, S/S, P/T would just get me mad!)

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Del/Schoes haven't always been great artists and lathough they are artistic they aren't always esthetic (they've had some awful costumes). Maybe also because when they one their wold gold medal, they didn't interpret the program as the did during the season.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Ladies:
1. Flatt (I would absolutely DIE...really dont think she deserved the gold at Nats)
Would you?
In that case, if Flatt wins gold, I'll send your family a lovely corsage. ;)

prettykeys

Medalist
Ladies: If YuNa (especially!!), Mao, Joannie or Miki are not the Gold, I will be very sad.
Men: If Jeremy Abbott doesn't make the podium, I will be sad.
Pairs: If Shen/Zhao don't win Gold.
Ice Dance: If it's not taken out of the medal events after this Olympics. :biggrin:

reynycpr

On the Ice

Ditto!

Ladies
1. Flatt
2. Kim
3. Leonova

Men
1. Chan or Plushenko
2. Lysacek
3. Takahashi

Pairs
No gold for Shen/Zhao

Ice Dance
1. Domnina/Shabalin
-Davis/White & Virtue/Moir NOT on podium

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
If the nightmare men podium of many here will come true, everybody will pissed off and none is going to talk to me the next day...:no:

Layfan

Record Breaker
If the nightmare men podium of many here will come true, everybody will pissed off and none is going to talk to me the next day...:no:

Huh, why wouldn't they talk to you?

Quite few people picked a nightmare podium that seems pretty likely to me, though: Plushenko, Joubert, Evan. Hope they survive the trauma. :)

seniorita

Record Breaker
Ok, perfect excuse so we could have a girl talk about heels and lipsticks then maybe? ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hmmm not really into lipstick (actually never wear it outside of a theater performance, which I haven't done since high school lol) but I do love shoes! ;)