Olympic CD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Olympic CD

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I've got to say, it's a bit odd to be having her work on D&W's and V&M's TR at this late a date. It seems that right after the GPF would have been the time to do some tweaking of their form. This is an odd thought...I wonder if Igor is trying to settle an argument between the two couples as to the character of the TR. D&W are doing a more ballroom tango, at least to my eye, and V&M are doing what I think of as a Canadian tango-to get what I mean, check out the OSP of Wilson & McCall at the 1988 Winter Olympics. The ISU document specifies 'some syncopation' to convey the character of the tango. For me, D&W have maybe too much (but frankly, it's no more than Grishuk & Platov) and V&M have too little. However, that's part of the timing, I wouldn't think you should be fiddling with it this late in the game.

I hope she's doing nothing more than adjust head and hand motions.

KKonas

Medalist
I've got to say, it's a bit odd to be having her work on D&W's and V&M's TR at this late a date. It seems that right after the GPF would have been the time to do some tweaking of their form. This is an odd thought...I wonder if Igor is trying to settle an argument between the two couples as to the character of the TR. D&W are doing a more ballroom tango, at least to my eye, and V&M are doing what I think of as a Canadian tango-to get what I mean, check out the OSP of Wilson & McCall at the 1988 Winter Olympics. The ISU document specifies 'some syncopation' to convey the character of the tango. For me, D&W have maybe too much (but frankly, it's no more than Grishuk & Platov) and V&M have too little. However, that's part of the timing, I wouldn't think you should be fiddling with it this late in the game.

I hope she's doing nothing more than adjust head and hand motions.

Agree it is strange timing but we will have to see what improvements, if any, she makes in their respective presentations. American judge for the CD is Charlie Cyr.

jcoates

Medalist
It could also be just a nice piece of PR engineered by Marina to put the spotlight on the NA teams and to suggest to the judges that these two teams have the approval of the dance's designer. I doubt that major changes will be made. Likely more of a pep talk to absorb her thoughts on what sort of feeling to convey.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well 2 days for a pep talk :) is rather long, and getting her to Canton just for a pep talk that could be done over the phone perhaps, is a very expensive undertaking.

Still, it does put the spotlight on the two teams, both medal contenders, in a very equal & positive way. Nice PR move by Igor & Marina, I think.