Biggest hopes for the Olympics | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Biggest hopes for the Olympics

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Excuse me, but what does this thread add that isn't already in dream podiums/nightmare podiums?

seniorita

Record Breaker
Buttercup
Excuse me, but what does this thread add that isn't already in dream podiums/nightmare podiums?​
My biggest hope was that I wont burn the popcorn!:p
That would be a disaster of Olympics for me!;)

Bennett

Record Breaker
Mao lands three clean 3As and other jumps.
Caro finally clean.
Miki lands 3-3 and 2-3.
Mirai rotates all of her triple jumps.
Akiko has skates of her life (she has done many times this season already).
Lepisto finally clean.
Johnny does and lands combos.
Tomas finally has clean programs, hopefully two, but one clean LP is still greatly appreciated (has he ever skated a clean LP??? Being a big fan, I cannot recall one).
Chan does not mess up.
Nobu lands a quad and perform in a more relaxing manner.
Dai lands a quad and other jumps.
Taka lands a quad and does not mess up.
Joannie has two clean programs.
Yuna finally sells her LP to its full potential.

ARipp42014

Medalist
I love this thread! Throwing stuff already said at the nightmare thread.

1) No splatfests or judging controversies!
2) Stephane, Jeremy, or Daisuke medaling.
3) Plushenko not winning gold (even though it looks like he's gonna win again).
4) Weir skating with a platinum wig (to complete the Gaga look) during his exhibition!
5) An amazing final flight for the ladies. I wanna see some SOYL performances from Mao, Miki, JoRo, Akiko, and Yu-Na.
6) Mirai making the final flight with the ladies stated at #5 and fully rotating her jumps.
7) Massive group hug if there's a NA sweep in Ice Dance. But if it's just Marina/Igor's kids (Vior and Marlie), I'll be happy to see that.
8) Barbra Ann Scott presenting the medals to the ladies!
9) Shen and Zhao winning gold!
10) A reaction from Joubert when he doesn't medal and someone who doesn't have a quad does.
11) For Senorita, no burned popcorn and Plushy skating to "Bad Romance"
12) For Scott and Sandra to STFU when it looks like it's gonna be a magical skate. Also no nitpicking from Uncle Dicky. It gets annoying sometimes! Gimmie Nicky Slater from Eurosport any day! Heck even PK Kwong is better than Scottie and Sandy!
13) Most of all, everyone skating to their potential! :agree:

Last edited:

futureidol

On the Ice
I interpreted this thread to mean the whole Olympics, not just figure skating... which explains my #3 wish about Apolo!

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
that all the nbc commentators, especially sandra bezic, scott hamilton, dick button and bob costas, all get struck down by some wonderful disease that renders them unable to speak.

:laugh:

Or that at least Scott gets a sore throat and can't yell. He's a sweet guy but I can't take two hours of that.

What I want for the Olympics is great skating & solid judging. I truly hope it does not come down to a TES vs. PCS battle in the men's event (again) but I think it might. Hoping for an Olys for the Canadian contingent like the last Olys in Canada, where they skated their best and and really inspired Canadians.

Last edited:

Wrlmy

Medalist
Mao lands three clean 3As and other jumps.
Caro finally clean.
Miki lands 3-3 and 2-3.
Mirai rotates all of her triple jumps.
Akiko has skates of her life (she has done many times this season already).
Lepisto finally clean.
Johnny does and lands combos.
Tomas finally has clean programs, hopefully two, but one clean LP is still greatly appreciated (has he ever skated a clean LP??? Being a big fan, I cannot recall one).
Chan does not mess up.
Nobu lands a quad and perform in a more relaxing manner.
Dai lands a quad and other jumps.
Taka lands a quad and does not mess up.
Joannie has two clean programs.
Yuna finally sells her LP to its full potential.

That sounds like heaven, but GS will be infernal for years with constant bickering over the results.

miki88

Medalist
Oh please, there were be people who complain no matter what happens. I expect that there will be youtube videos on the winner's supposedly URs that the judges miss after the event. :rolleye:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
My wishes for the Games include:

Shen & Zhao finally winning the gold with Belbin & Agosto doing the same
Mirai skating lights out
Joubert winning the gold
Johnny on the podium
Miki being the superstar I know she is
Fair judging
Fans keeping the "wuzrobbed" to a minimum...

And of course, lots of fresh popcorn for Senorita with lots of mojitos for moi

seniorita

Record Breaker
Lol kwanwife you rock:rock:

send some mojitos my way please, it 's just occurred me that the competition will be much more easier to handle if drunk a little!:biggrin: By the end of the Lp and medal ceremony i might be singing the anthem (whatever that will be)
I ll send some popcorn back!

Wicked

Final Flight
One of my big hopes for the Olys is to see more coverage of many different sports that I don't normally see, like ski jumping and biathlon. I love the Olympics and would watch any sport in it. If they had Olympic tiddlywinks, I would be there (I'd probably be the only one there, but I'd be there)!

Layfan

Record Breaker
Lol kwanwife you rock:rock:

send some mojitos my way please, it 's just occurred me that the competition will be much more easier to handle if drunk a little!:biggrin: By the end of the Lp and medal ceremony i might be singing the anthem (whatever that will be)
I ll send some popcorn back!

Popcorn and mojitos!!!!! Woohoo. It's done. That will definitely be on the menu for me and the two friends I've managed to get interested in figure skating this year.

Thanks Kwanford and Seniorita.

ARipp: Salted. No butter.

Maybe I'll after a couple of mojitos I won't be so nervous when Yuna and Joannie step onto the ice ... and when the two American girls go out there.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Tomas is clean and medals, shows the world he IS that good :love: (I can hope!)

Mirai and Akiko have great performances and become BFFs

Brian Joubert medals so there will be lots of pictures of him and his hot body :)

Yuna wins OGM, because she deserves it

Miki and Mao give Yuna a run for her money

Carolina and Laura do their triples

Jeremy wins OGM and beats Plushenko!

seniorita

Record Breaker
:laugh::laugh:Sorry I laugh, but sometimes people are so focused on plush gets beaten that dont see
the most obvious actually, that if Jeremy -or any skater - wins the gold, well basically ...he will have beaten everybody!:agree:

Last edited:

ARipp42014

Medalist
Popcorn and mojitos!!!!! Woohoo. It's done. That will definitely be on the menu for me and the two friends I've managed to get interested in figure skating this year.

Thanks Kwanford and Seniorita.

ARipp: Salted. No butter.

Maybe I'll after a couple of mojitos I won't be so nervous when Yuna and Joannie step onto the ice ... and when the two American girls go out there.

Fine just salted. But if anyone wants some butter, we'll have it on the side. I can just imagine PBP will be this weekend!

Speaking of which... who wants to start a drinking game?

Silverlake, I think you're hoping he'll run around the Olympic Village with nothing but pants on. After all, Vancouver is not really having a winter. Speaking of which... can us East Coasters donate our tons of snow to Vancouver? After all, we're getting another monster snow storm on Wednesday! LOL

Here's another hope for the Olympics (and that applies to all the athletes)... no terrorist attack or bombs (ala '72 Munich or '96 Atlanta). Everyone should have a great time and enjoy the Olympic spirit... even though it's gonna cost the city of Vancouver oodles of mullah!