triple lutz
triple loop
double axel - triple toe
triple flip
double axel
triple sal - double toe - double loop

TOTAL 206.34 3rd place

Good skate for Shawn, and that was cute how he danced at the end :p

Absolutely. And a new SB for Shawn. Who could ask for more!

aurora100

Final Flight
Oh Boy, Dennis Ten didn't have his jumping legs tonight. But such a talent. Can't believe he's only 16. His artistry and composure is mature beyond his years.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I hope the kid wins it, as a bit of a consolation prize for not going to the Olympics. He & his coach looked overjoyed when his SP scores were announced. Also, I just watched his FS at Canadian Nationals, and they were equally overjoyed there as well (& should be)!:clap:

I heard he was devastated when he didn't make the Olympic Team (will have to find a video of that). But he has four more years to even be better than he is!:thumbsup:

As for the American Men, same thing, they too must be devastated not to make the Olympic Team (especially Ryan Bradley). Here's hoping their scores hold up!

EDITED TO ADD: I'm talking about Kevin Reynolds of Canada. :)

Last edited:

betoncookie

Rinkside
I hope the kid wins it, as a bit of a consolation prize for not going to the Olympics. He & his coach looked overjoyed when his SP scores were announced. Also, I just watched his FS at Canadian Nationals, and they were equally overjoyed there as well (& should be)!:clap:

I heard he was devastated when he didn't make the Olympic Team (will have to find a video of that). But he has four more years to even be better than he is!:thumbsup:

As for the American Men, same thing, they too must be devastated not to make the Olympic Team (especially Ryan Bradley). Here's hoping their scores hold up!

EDITED TO ADD: I'm talking about Kevin Reynolds of Canada. :)
THat was a tough skate for Dennis Ten. After seeing that, I am really hoping Kevin can hold up under pressure here. I would like to see that video as well.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, I wish I had a live feed somewhere, lol.

Brandon must be skating right now ~ GOOOOOOOOOOOO BRANDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then the kid is after him!:rock:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yikes, poor Brandon must've had a bad skate, he falls all the way down to 5th place in the FS, but is 3rd place overall (he just edged out poor Ryan Bradley by a 1/2 pt.).:cry:

Kinda sad that this is the last competition before the Olympics.

The kid must be on the ice now: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KEVIN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock:

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
3rd-5th place finished sooooooo close to each other! All within less than one point!

Good for Adam for winning. 7th after the short to 1st overall must feel great.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Ugh, my computer froze and I missed Nan Song, then I decided to just keep one window open while I was watching it.. hence neglecting my PBP. Oh well.

Kissx3

Final Flight
He bombed but still a good overall competition and experience for Reynolds.

Amazing LP by Rippon, the new 4CC Champ!

betoncookie

Rinkside
Wow.
Well, he started strong,I'm not sure that missing that first jump didn't knock the stuffing out of him. The lutz he can do with a blade strapped on his head,so I really believe that without the mistakes his score would have been in the stratosphere. I love both his long and short programs and believe in him. Adam Rippon deserved to win.
What a competition!!!

aurora100

Final Flight
I feel bad for Kevin. His poor SP in Nationals kept him off the Olympic Team even though he had a great long. Now, his poor long wiped out the gains he had from the great short. He knows more than ever how important it is to have two great/good numbers. As the saying goes you can't win with a great SP and you can lose with a bad SP. Kevin experienced all that this season. But there is no doubt he is a great skater. I can't believe we are not sending this Canadian who has two quads in his program. None of our Canadian Olympic Men have even one.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
He might have quads, but he doesn't have consistency. When he lands his quads well, he seems to mess up other jumps later on, probably due to the extra energy he put into the quads.