Miki Ando in great shape for Vancouver | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Miki Ando in great shape for Vancouver

bekalc

Record Breaker
That interview was all kinds of hilarious! I don't like that Morozov is relying on the rivals skating badly so Miki can swoop in with a safe skate.
She has to go all out. She is a very Slustskaya-like skater, and look what happened when Irina didn't even attempt 3-3.

BTW, do you think Morozov gets his brows waxed?

I didn't necessarily get that impression from Nicolai. I don't think its necessarily wrong to have a back up plan. IF your not skating very well or your competitors are practicing the way Cohen and Irina were practicing in Torino. :lol: But I imagine she'll go for at least her 3lutz/3loop or a double axel/3toe....

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Morozov, a master at racking up points under the International Judging System (IJS), is tinkering with Ando's jump layout, devising two alternatives for her free skate.

"The difficult one [opens with] a triple Lutz-triple loop combination, and goes into double Axel-triple toe, and then a [triple] flip," Ando said. "The second half is triple Lutz; triple Sal; and triple toe, and double Axel- double loop-double loop. That is the highest point [total] I can get."

Actually, you can get higher than that, Miki. You COULD do a second Triple Loop instead of a second Triple Toe. ;)

bekalc

Record Breaker
If Miki lands the 3-3 in her SP, her total will be somewhere around the 70 range. If she lands her 3-3 and 2ax-3t in her LP, she will be around the 125-130 range. So I think if Miki skates lights out, she's capable of around 200-205 as a total. Which is very competitive and could well mean gold.

My suspicians tell me that if Miki lands a 3/3 in the short, her and Yu-na's short program scores will be fairly close. Miki actually lost some levels on her spiral and her spin at GPF. Yu-na may have a bit of a lead but I bet it will be around the lead she had at 2007 Worlds. The reason I say this is I suspect that the last thing the judges are going to want to see is Skate America redone. If they can put someone fairly close to Yu-na, I think they will. So if Yu-na skates poorly in the long, they can give the OGM to someone else. I don't think Miki is the judges favorite top skater, but they'd rather see Miki be Olympic champion than Yu-na become Olympic champion with a skate like she had at Skate America.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
If Miki lands the 3-3 in her SP, her total will be somewhere around the 70 range. If she lands her 3-3 and 2ax-3t in her LP, she will be around the 125-130 range. So I think if Miki skates lights out, she's capable of around 200-205 as a total. Which is very competitive and could well mean gold.

At this moment, I stll think that Kim is the favourite but Miki isn't far IMO. Any slip up from my queen and Miki will be right in the mix.

I think Miki can score around 130-135 if she lands the 3Lz+3Lo and 2A+3T. She would've reached 130 at last year's Worlds if her 3Lo wasn't downgraded.

EyesOfLove

On the Ice
Miki's hasn't been landing a clean triple triple for quite a long time even at Nationals (being almost free of pressure to be clean), so I don't think she could be able to land it at the Olys where the pressure multiplies. She can consider doing 2A-3T though , since she appears to have a solid technique on 3toes unlike her 3-3.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Miki's hasn't been landing a clean triple triple for quite a long time even at Nationals (being almost free of pressure to be clean), so I don't think she could be able to land it at the Olys where the pressure multiplies. She can consider doing 2A-3T though , since she appears to have a solid technique on 3toes unlike her 3-3.

Miki got the Olympic spot early. I read that she felt she needed to live up to the expectation and then failed. She was also afraid of criticism (According to the interview at a Japanese sport magazine Number).

The situation with her 3-3 has been that she does not even try despite landing them in practices. But she says that she wants to include it in the Oly program(s).

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
My suspicians tell me that if Miki lands a 3/3 in the short, her and Yu-na's short program scores will be fairly close. Miki actually lost some levels on her spiral and her spin at GPF. Yu-na may have a bit of a lead but I bet it will be around the lead she had at 2007 Worlds. The reason I say this is I suspect that the last thing the judges are going to want to see is Skate America redone. If they can put someone fairly close to Yu-na, I think they will. So if Yu-na skates poorly in the long, they can give the OGM to someone else. I don't think Miki is the judges favorite top skater, but they'd rather see Miki be Olympic champion than Yu-na become Olympic champion with a skate like she had at Skate America.

Sadly, I Suspect the opposite. With Yu-na entering as the favorit ans world record holder in both programs, and reigning world champion I think she will be given every benifit of a doubt. Since we will be in Canada a clean SP from Joannie might put her not that far behind Yu-na, but without a 3/3 not near enough to threaten her.

I seriously think the Olympic Judges want a corronation and would love to see new world records set. It is up to Yu-na to skate up to thier (and everybody else's) very high expectations.