Who will try a quad and land it? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who will try a quad and land it?

jennylovskt

Medalist
That would be a really dreamy podium :)
hmm, can we squeeze tomas and weir there, and I m sure oda fits as well!

:think: Hmmm, ok, then Plushy, Joubert, and Lambiel on the top, Takahashi, Abbott, and Chan on the second, Verner, Oda, and Weir on the third. Everybody's happy.;)

...... (It's like a competition in kindergarten. Everybody has a prize.:biggrin:)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
It would be pretty insulting to leave Kozuka off!

Sadly, I think Weir would be out. If we are going to go by the strength of their programs this year.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I had a dream that I was at the Olympics and landed a Quad. It was glorious. I came in 2nd in the Short Program too. The dream didn't last long enough to see how the Long Program went. :scowl:

That is hilarious. I quit dancing 10 years ago (woah, that long ago? scary) and I still sometimes dream that I'm doing a quintuple pirouette. That's the good dream ... sometimes I dream that I'm on stage and I never learned the steps and I'm trying to follow all the other dancers and play it off...

seniorita

Record Breaker
Hey, I said myself few posts back that I would love Kozuka on the real podium!!!!
Jenny get Chan out

Bennett

Record Breaker
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100211-00000014-maiall-spo

Dai plans to try it because otherwise he would regret what he has worked on throughout the reason.

I actually hope that he won't try it. I have not heard any good practice reports of his quad and his LP has been pretty inconsistent even without the quad. The best thing that could happen is that he lands everything including the quad and gets OGM. But I think it more realistic for him to go as clean as possible and aim for a medal (not necessarily Gold). Trying the quad sounds just too risky for him, with the possibility that other things fall apart, too. He has not seemed very prepared yet. But if he keeps pursuing the quad, he may become a world champ this season or the next.

On a side note, Nobu says that he is at the best condition of all the comps he has attended so far (not specifically about the quad though). Although Nobu is not the one who has strong competition nerves, he has little outside pressures. I hope he makes the podium with or without the quad. He has Morosov to make the decision. That's pretty dependable.

Last edited:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Nobu and Koz also plan on trying it

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100211-00000028-mai-spo

Dai "Not my best yet, but I've gotten the sense. I don't tihnk that I would not try it." "The goal cannot be achieved unless the goal is high. If I have faith in what I've done so far, something bigger may give me the strength."
Sounds spiritual almost! In practice on 10th, he tried 4 times and none of them was clean.

Oda. "My quad is going well and I plan to put it in the program. It is important to do every element clean."

Koz "I've enhanced stamina so that I could do the latter half of the program well. I think that I would try the quad."

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Men and quads:
1.) PLushy will go for it in SP and LP
2.) Joubert will go for it in SP and in LP will go for either 4t or 4s but not both
3.) Jeremy will go for it in the LP only
4.) Evan won't attempt it in either program
5.) Oda won't either
6.) Chan won't either
7.) Neither will Weir
8.) Lambiel will go for it in SP and LP because he needs it to make up for his lack of 3a
9.) Verner will go for it in SP and LP because he always does, and his 4-3 is his best element (he hits it more often then he does his 3lz...oh Tomas :rolleye:)
10.) Dai might try it in the LP, not so sure about him

Ladies and 3-3s or 3a:
1.) Yuna will go for 3lz-3t in SP and LP
2.) Miki will go for 3lz-3lo in SP and leave it out of LP but go for 2a-3t in LP
3.) Mao will go for all three 3a, have one ratified in the LP and the other two UR
4.) Joannie won't attempt a 3-3, said she would all season but hasn't yet so doubt she will here
5.) Rachael will go for 3f-3t in SP and LP, maybe changing to 3f-2t in one program
6.) Leonova will go for 3t-3t in SP but not LP
7.) Mirai has been practicing 3f-3t, maybe try it in the LP here?
8.) Carolina will go for 3f-3t in one program but not the other
9.) Laura.....kinda doubt it. Maybe she'll pull off 3t-3t in one program
10.)Elene...like Laura, maybe in one program 3t-3t but in the other it could be 2t-2t

Am I forgetting anyone?

futureidol

On the Ice
So, Johnny said he was going to be practicing a quad later today. What for???

Because he's been saying since the summer if he attempts the quad this season it'll be at the Olympics. He's been training it all season and if he feels confident about it he will do it. Wouldn't it be a shock if he actually attempted it in competition and did it cleanly? I would explode with joy.

Last edited:

Bennett

Record Breaker
This is not specifically getting at any specific skaters. But generally, it may not be too meaningful to give credit to everything that the skaters say because they would be doing mind-game, too. I could totally imagine Morosov having their skaters practice and talk about the quad and 3-3 until the last munite and then pull it off depending on the way the competition goes. IMO, flexibility would be important.:rock:

Because he's been saying since the summer if he attempts the quad this season it'll be at the Olympics. He's been training it all season and if he feels confident about it he will do it. Wouldn't it be a shock if he actually attempted it in competition and did it cleanly? I would explode with joy.
Let us believe in Johnny's Paul Wylie moment! :agree:

jennylovskt

Medalist
So Lysacek will not attempt a quad after all. Jeremy is solid in quad jumps in practice on the Olympic ice so far.

chiocciola

On the Ice
Those who do not land qauds have no place on the podium, as well as those ladies who do 3+2 combo instead of 3+3!

Eevun

Final Flight
Schultheiss might try.

Yes, I think he will, since he took the quad out the last minute before he skated his LP in Euros. But I doubt he'll land it though... But he has to try eventually, why not now, he got nothing to lose.