Will Suzuki, Mirai, and Rachael get better PCS at the Oly than earlier this season? | Golden Skate

Will Suzuki, Mirai, and Rachael get better PCS at the Oly than earlier this season?

Bennett

Record Breaker
Will Suzuki, Mirai, and Rachael get better PCS at the Oly than earlier this season?

My prediction:

Basically remain the same for all these ladies. Mirai may get slightly better PCS if she skates as expressively as did at Nationals.

I hoped that Suzuki would get better PCS at 4cc after winning a medal at GPF, but it just remained the same.

Last edited:

DesertRoad

Final Flight
But at 4cc, even Mao got pretty miserable PCS, so if you adjust for the apparent lower baseline of scores, Akiko shouldn't despair yet. Comparing PCS from one competition to another isn't that useful. At the Olympics, the same panel of judges will be comparing these skaters directly. I think we'll see fairer PCS.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Typically, if you look at the scores at Euros, almost everyone, at least in the top 10 got higher PCS scores than they did earlier in the year. And in fact, that's how PCS scores trend every year: higher at Worlds, 4CC's and Olympics.

So I expect they all will earn season's best at Olympics.

Hurdler4eva

Rinkside
I think if Mirai skates well, she will get relatively high PCS - better than she has so far this season.

miki88

Medalist
The scoring at 4CC was awesome. Mao should get no higher PCS than she did at 4CC for that program.

Why do you think the scoring at 4CC was awesome???:unsure: Even if you don't like Mao's programs, why should Suzuki get low PCS when her programs were so joyful to watch? I thought the scoring at GPF was pretty inflated in terms of PCS, because no one skated that well there. :rolleye:

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Suzuki was a little underscored but her performances at 4CC weren't as good as other times this season. She didn't deserve high PCS.

miki88

Medalist
Well. I don't think so. I think she should get higher PCS than Ando and Rochette. But then again when was PCS evern scored right and 4CC was no exception. Anyways, I think Mao's PCS will go up mainly because she is on a upswing and the press has put her back in the game, and frankly that all that really counts in PCS (reputation).

ryoko

Rinkside
Well. I don't think so. I think she should get higher PCS than Ando and Rochette. But then again when was PCS evern scored right and 4CC was no exception. Anyways, I think Mao's PCS will go up mainly because she is on a upswing and the press has put her back in the game, and frankly that all that really counts in PCS (reputation).

Just out of curiosity, are you a mao fan or miki fan...? Or do you root for both? Or does your name happen to be miki?

miki88

Medalist
Just out of curiosity, are you a mao fan or miki fan...? Or do you root for both? Or does your name happen to be miki?

The latter :). (Miki is a nickname I like to use) I am a Mao fan, though I have nothing against Miki (she is a great jumper) I just feel Akiko's programs are the best out of the three Japanese.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Suzuki does not have the polish that Mao, Yuna, Mirai, Caro, Rochette, and Laura have. But her performances deliver powerful emotions. I hope that she gets as high PCS as Miki and Laura and better than Flatt, Leonova, and Kiira.

Mirai and Ashley also deserve better PCS than the ones they got at GP series.

EyesOfLove

On the Ice
Akiko definitely deserves higher PCS than Mao, Miki, Rachael, Carolina, and Mirai maybe. She appeals so much stronger impacts invovled in movements other than jumps compared to those ladies.

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
Akiko definitely deserves higher PCS than Mao, Miki, Rachael, Carolina, and Mirai maybe. She appeals so much stronger impacts invovled in movements other than jumps compared to those ladies.

Miki, Mao, Carolina all have better basic skating skills than Suzuki though.

KeineZeite

Rinkside
Basically remain the same for all these ladies.

Rachael becomes the US Ladies champion, and her FS in the GP America outscores Kim. So she must deserve a higher PCS at the Oly.
Suzuki placed 2nd at 4CC after Mao, so her PCS will be better at the Oly.
Mirai, Personally, I feel "Wow" factor for Mirai's performance at the Nats, but does it nothing to do with PCS?
Besides, her order of the SP at the Oly is at the early stage, so I do not think she can earn a good PCS, I am afraid.

Sometimes, I feel what is PCS for? It is a peculiar "privilege" for the elite skaters at the top 5 ranking.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It depends on how well they skate. If they all skate very well, their PCS scores should go up. Otherwise, the scores will plateau for those who have flawed performances.

BTW, it's unreasonable to expect Suzuki to get the same PCS scores as Mao, Miki and Yu-Na, who have World Championships, multiple World medals, JW Championships and 4CC Championships on their resumes. To ISU championship judges, Suzuki is a newbie, even though she's almost 25.

Mirai, Personally, I feel "Wow" factor for Mirai's performance at the Nats, but does it nothing to do with PCS?
Besides, her order of the SP at the Oly is at the early stage, so I do not think she can earn a good PCS, I am afraid.

Sometimes, I feel what is PCS for? It is a peculiar "privilege" for the elite skaters at the top 5 ranking.
Start orders are already up? Where?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No start orders are up. The Olympics will NOT use the ISU method (grouping by ISU Ranking) but instead random selection will determine start order. So at this point, no one is at an advantage or a disadvantage due to past results.