Michelle Kwan - GMA Special Correspondent for the Olympic Games | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan - GMA Special Correspondent for the Olympic Games

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Interesting that she jumped the NBC ship after they seemed so eager to have her. I guess she just wants a smaller role in everything and considering most people will be watching NBC for the Olympics, she won't be seen by as many eyeballs.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Yay! I get Michelle Kwan on ABC and Chuck Todd on NBC! This combo should make staying up late and waking up early tolerable for two weeks!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the link. Looking forward to seeing Michelle. Does anyone know if she will actually be in Vancouver? The article did not say.

R.D.

Record Breaker
http://blogs.abcnews.com/pressroom/...g-america-as-a-special-correspondent-cov.html

I'm looking forward to her reports. :biggrin:

For those who absolutely hate to hear her commentate in any capacity, luckily for you, her spots are early in the morning and there are several stations to catch your Olympic news from. :p

:p Yeah, lucky for me, my DVR will be occupied recording the competing Today Show on NBC, which should have much more Olympic highlights in it ;)

I don't think my DVR is getting much of a break in the coming weeks. Not only all the Olympic coverage but a couple of my fave shows, which will air opposite the Games. Thank goodness for dual tuners! :)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Interesting that she jumped the NBC ship after they seemed so eager to have her. I guess she just wants a smaller role in everything and considering most people will be watching NBC for the Olympics, she won't be seen by as many eyeballs.

I believe it was more of a contractual thing... Michelle was a Disney spokesperson for years, so it makes sense that she would provide the updates for GMA.

paralegalmkfan

Rinkside
:p Yeah, lucky for me, my DVR will be occupied recording the competing Today Show on NBC, which should have much more Olympic highlights in it ;)

I don't think my DVR is getting much of a break in the coming weeks. Not only all the Olympic coverage but a couple of my fave shows, which will air opposite the Games. Thank goodness for dual tuners! :)

:p :biggrin:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^^Yep the link works. Thank you for posting. Michelle looks and sounds great and I look forward to seeing her reports.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Thanks for posting. Michelle's best line, "what is figure skating without controversy." :laugh:

I though her remarks about withdrawing from the 2006 Olympics were interesting. She went back and forth in her mind witout being able to decide what to do, up until the first actual practice session on Olympic ice.