Project Runway - Anyone Watching???? | Golden Skate

Project Runway - Anyone Watching????

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just wondered if anyone was watching and if you have any favorites yet???

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Hey Dee..........I'm a big reality tv junkie. This is my first season with Project Runway and I like what I've seen so far. No favs yet. 42

heyang

Record Breaker
I liked Emilio the 1st week, but he's been running middle of the pack since then. I do think that the producer's are airing a lot of his trash talk; not sure why, other than perhaps it being more interesting than what they are getting out of the other competitors.

I'm glad Ping was eliminated. Her specialty is knitted products and her general expertise does not translate well to PR, which is all about fabrics. I was shocked when she didnt' get eliminated for that fanny baring dress, especially after Tim warned her and she talked about wanting to make it long enough. It wasn't even a good looking dress nor did it show 'promise' IMO.

Also, glad Jesus is gone. He was in the bottom just about every week.

Some of the contestants are somewhat bland since a majority of them aren't standing out much at all.

Mila seems to be a frontrunner right now.

Oh, well - tonight = Survivor and PR!!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Was there not a new episode this week or did I miss it?!!!!!! 42

heyang

Record Breaker
Nope, no new episode this week. Not sure why, unless it was to avoid competing against Ladies Olympic free skates since PR would share some of the same demographic that would watch figure skating.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nope, no new episode this week. Not sure why, unless it was to avoid competing against Ladies Olympic free skates since PR would share some of the same demographic that would watch figure skating.

Kind of glad the Olympics are over and I can get back to Project Runway and other shows I missed in the last couple of weeks.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I hear ya Dee. I love the Oly's but miss my reality t.v..........42

heyang

Record Breaker
Kind of glad the Olympics are over and I can get back to Project Runway and other shows I missed in the last couple of weeks.

Me, too. Plus staying up til 2am to see of Oly late night had any additional commentary on skating and/or interviews with the skaters. Fortunately for me, most of my other shows were in re-runs.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very sad to see Anthony eliminated considering in my opinion there was at least one worse dress than his. Which designer walks away???...and who will replace them???

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What's happened to Project Runway??? Anyone want to venture a guess as to who is going to win???

heyang

Record Breaker
I just hope it's not Miila. Her look is very 60's, but in black & white.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone surprised that Seth won???? He is just soooooooooooooooo strange. I really thought Emilio would win.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love Seth Aaron's clothes, but also admired the lines of Mila and Emilio. It was a toss up for me, not that I could afford any of their clothes anyway. What is the percentage of the runner-ups on this show getting their own lines manufactured and sold? Anyone know? 42

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I really liked Seth Aaron's clothes throughout the season, but really loved Emillo's collection last night. Thought he would win.

heyang

Record Breaker
I think the others do have lines, but aren't neccessarily concentrating on Runway looks and doing more ready-to-wear.

Mycheal KNight has a website http://www.mychaelknight.com/home.html

Chris March http://www.chrismarchdesign.com/ I don't think he was that interested in having a fashion line.. He enjoys making costumes, but I think he has designed some stuff for celebrities at their request.

At the reunion show, Emilio asked why he didn't win and they felt he had a 'line' not a collection. Collections are supposed to be avant garde, 'wow', and over the top. Lines are more wearable - beautiful, but not always 'wow'. If he had more pieces like that evening dress, he might've won.

The final 3 were the strongest from the beginning. As much as I thought Mila's pre-runway work was boring, she got the look together for the runway show. Seth definitely has a look, but not one that i'd wear.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Heyang for the websites. I had forgotten that Mycheal had gotten into perfumes.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks Dee and heyang for the updates. Wish they would have a "Wear ( pun intended) are they now"? website.................42