Survivor Heros vs Villians - Anyone Going To Watch???? | Golden Skate

Survivor Heros vs Villians - Anyone Going To Watch????

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've got my work Survivor game all ready to go. Just wondered if you were going to watch and what you thought about the Heros vs Villains.

heyang

Record Breaker
I'll be watching Survivor AND Amazing Race. I'm surprised that Amazing Race didnt' wait til after the Olympics since their ratings aren'ts quite as strong as Survivor's. I know it could conflict on the 14th with Men's Oly Short Program. Well, that's what Tivo is for....

I think Heroes vs Villians is a great idea. Over at www.ew.com, Jeff Probst has been intereviewed a few times and they had pre-competiton interviews with each of the contestants. Jeff usually writes a weekly blog each week, as well.

I'm wondering of Russell will be one of the 1st voted out. After all, they only know that he's a villian and the others might just eliminate him as they don't know anything about his game or him. This edition started taping within days after the prior season finished taping - so, none of the others even saw a minute of Russ's season.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This edition started taping within days after the prior season finished taping - so, none of the others even saw a minute of Russ's season.
Russ didn't even know if he won or not. I think he wuz robbed. He deserved to win. I'm excited. My 2 work Survivors are Stephanie LaGrossa and James Clement. They're both Heros so I don't know how long they'll stay in the game. I think it's going to be a hoot watching the Villains trying to out wit each other.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I had never watched it until Janet moved back home. Now we both watch. Now I'm glad. Glad Sugar was voted off after messing with that guys sleep all night.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Aw, Sugar was voted off? Wish I hadn't peaked at this thread tonight. I'm still watching it........42

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I'm going to go crazy trying to decide what to tape & what to sit & watch & tape during the next 2 weeks. I'm going to enjoy Survivor this season. My 2 favorite females are on the Heroes (Stephanie & Amanda) & the 2 funniest men (Boston Rob & Russell) are playing with the villains. Hope Rob is not seriously injured as I want him to stick around for awhile. I don't care who wins just as long as it's not one of the previous million dollar winners.
I'll be watching AR 16 too when it begins on the 14th.

heyang

Record Breaker
Fortunately, I'm a night owl - I'll just be exhausted for the next couple of weeks and luckily I can record 2 things simultaneously on my DVR. It's also good that AR and Survivor are at 8pm - so, on free skate nights, I'm pretty comfortable with watching Olympics 'later' since the top 6 won't air until the last hour to 90 minutes of the night's broadcast. I'm also transferring Olympics from my TiVo to laptop and will be burning to blu-ray after some editing. Also, no skating is being aired on Friday's - so, i can catch up with project runway and Survivor and Friday's, as well.

heyang

Record Breaker
Aw, Sugar was voted off? Wish I hadn't peaked at this thread tonight. I'm still watching it........42

Not trying to be callous or rude, but, due to time zone differences, I would anticipate that there would be spoilers after the show begins to air on the east coast. I like to make comments when they are fresh on my mind and don't wait til midnight east coast time to post.

On other sites, there are usually weekly threads which makes it easier to avoid spoilers. I've noticed that Golden Skate threads tend to continue through the entire season.

I do understand not wanting to be spoiled with results. I'm still 'ticked off' at my former co-worker who asked me if I wanted to know who won the ladies' gold medal at the 98 Olympics. I told him 'no' - so, he told me 'the one with the triple-triple won' Unbelievable that a skating fan wouldn't know who that was in 1998.

Last edited:

Jhar55

Medalist
Watching and on the Villians side even though can't stand Boston Rob I hope they vote off Rupert 1st he seems more arrogant this time around. Alos thing Russell got robbed last season he was the only one to really play the game. Will admit when last season started I didn't like Russell.
The hero's need to send big mouth James packing next time around. Stephanie didn't deserve what he said to her, wasn't her fault both times she played all her tribe member got voted off and she was last person standing.
Also watching Amazing Race lord help Jeff, Jordan's comment is stuck in my head are we going to China!! :)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I believe Survivor Heroes vs. Villians will ruin regular seasons for me... I love love love the all star editions and this one is by far the most entertaining season in my 19 seasons of being obsessed with this show... Boston Rob v. Russell? No contest. To make this season perfect, I need Boston Rob and Cirie to join forces at the merge. Not that it would be fair... And was Coach good looking on his season? I don't think so.

And let's keep it real: James in Boxer Briefs. Yum Yum Yum. Even my husband understands just how beautiful that man is... he called me at my hotel to say: "watching Survivor? he has on boxer briefs tonight." Its great when one's soulmate understands them that well...

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Russell is the villain you love to hate..............the previews hinted that he might be the next to go. Hope not. He makes it interesting.................Being on the west coast, I realize I run the risk of a "spoiler" popping up on a thread. That's not a problem for me. If I wanted a total surprise, I wouldn't read the posts until after I saw an episode myself...........42

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And let's keep it real: James in Boxer Briefs. Yum Yum Yum. Even my husband understands just how beautiful that man is...
KW, James is gorgeous but I am a little disappointed in him. He seems sooooooooo angry and with his strength not a good thing. BTW, he's my survivor in my work game. I just don't want him to get bumped off right away.

heyang

Record Breaker
Not sure what's up with James's anger issues either.

Jeff Probst's blog always offers some interesting insights to the game.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/26/jeff-probst-blogs-survivor-episode-3/

At this point, I'm rooting for Boston Rob to win his own million. He's still got the mind of a villian with the work ethic of a hero. Couldn't believe how he exerted himself during epsiode 2's puzzle challenge after collapsing from flu earlier. Not as scary as dreadlock Russell's collapse, but still worrisome.

While I can appreciate how well the Heroes work together at camp and at the physical part of the challenges, there some weird dynamic that makes them dysfunctional at playing the game well without having strategy feel personal.

Can't believe how much the heroes have dominated the physical part of the challenges and just lose on the puzzles. Imagine if Courtney had to compete in that last mud pit challenge....

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not sure what's up with James's anger issues either.

Jeff Probst's blog always offers some interesting insights to the game.

KW---look what Jeff said about James.

Jeff Probst said:
I don’t know if James was going through something personal like trying to quit smoking or if he had a bad rash nobody knew about but something has definitely changed.

Heyang said:
At this point, I'm rooting for Boston Rob to win his own million. He's still got the mind of a villian with the work ethic of a hero. Couldn't believe how he exerted himself during epsiode 2's puzzle challenge after collapsing from flu earlier. Not as scary as dreadlock Russell's collapse, but still worrisome.

I've never really like Boston Rob but this year he seems less arrogant and so I am kind of liking him.

Heyang said:
While I can appreciate how well the Heroes work together at camp and at the physical part of the challenges, there some weird dynamic that makes them dysfunctional at playing the game well without having strategy feel personal.

Do you think it's because they're supposed to be the "nice guys." Do nice guys really have strategy???

Heyang said:
Imagine if Courtney had to compete in that last mud pit challenge....

That would have been awesome!!!!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm glad they got Cirie out...she is a puppetmaster.

I cannot stand Amanda, telling everyone that Tom has the idol and probably she'll be sucking up to him later. I have just never liked her.

Glad JT saw the light and voted Tom's way.

Now what is Candace going to do without Cirie around telling her what to do.

Jeff called Rupert a big dumb do-do....to bad but I think Rupert is going to stick to his guns, except now Cirie is gone. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

heyang

Record Breaker
Even Cirie admitted that it was smart to get rid of her...

I'm wondering more about what Amanda is going to do. I figured out what bugs me about her - she often looks scared or apprehensive.

Based upon some commercials I've seen, it definitely looks like some will be switching to Tom/Colby alliance. Also saw a commercial that reveals which Survivor is hurt, but not if hurt enough to exit the game.

James didn't say much this week. James looked 'hot' oiled up for the slip'n'slide. The guy could appear in calendars... In her post elimination interview, Cirie said that James doesn't know how to express himself well, which is why he appeared more brutish during the prior 2 episodes.

Jhar55

Medalist
From the previews I've seen isn't James the one that gets hurt?
Also happy Cirie is gone.

heyang

Record Breaker
Utterly shocked over who got voted out tonight.

and why is there no Survivor next week? Previews said in 2 weeks on a Wednesday.....