Survivor Heros vs Villians - Anyone Going To Watch???? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Survivor Heros vs Villians - Anyone Going To Watch????

Jhar55

Medalist
Russell may be trageting the girls now because last season he carried them and he lost to one who rode his coat tails. Maybe he thinks he has better chance of winning up against Colby or Rupert..Think Sandra wants Russell out because she doesn't think she can win up against him..So far he hasn't targeted Sandra, but it may come soon.

Russell is taking out the girls he can't or no longer controls. He targets the girls because he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hades of controlling Rufus or Colby..........42

But that's my question. Since Russell knows he can't control Rufus or Colby, why not get rid of them now before they start winning all the immunity challenges and its too late?

Jhar said:
Russell may be targeting the girls now because last season he carried them and he lost to one who rode his coat tails. Maybe he thinks he has better chance of winning up against Colby or Rupert..Think Sandra wants Russell out because she doesn't think she can win up against him..So far he hasn't targeted Sandra, but it may come soon.

I think Russell is headed for a number two finish again. Here I agree with Seanibu in that whoever Russell goes up against in the final two, the jury will dislike Russell more than they dislike the other person -- whoever it is.

Jhar55

Medalist
Your right, why would Russell want to go up against someone like Rupert who also didn't win but did win the fans vote of a million dollars and Colby another fan favorite. Think it wouldn't really matter who Russell went to the final against he will still come out second. Because the jury wouldn't reward him with the win because he's out there to win not make friends.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Russell's best bet If he makes it to the end is to take former winners with him. Jury members might say "oh they've already had their million, let's give it to Russell." If Parvati is really smart she'll organize the girls to get rid of Russell before he dumps her. Clearly, Russell & Parvati must realize the trust between them is weak.

heyang

Record Breaker
Well, Colby cooked Amanda's goose. About the clue to the hidden immunity idol, he should have said that the only fair thing was for everyone to read it right then and there, then they would all have a fair chance to find it. Instead, by giving it to Danielle, he basically guaranteed that one of the heroes would be going home. The heroes are forcing Russell to win the game whether he wants to or not.

On Russell's side, why did he target Amanda instead of Colby or Rufus?

I'm glad Jerri won something. She is the least villainous of the villains this time around. In her first season she played the role of the Wicked Witch of the West to perfection. :laugh:

I couldn't believe how lame Colby was - I doubt he'll win fan fave because of how he's been playing this season......He and Amanda should have insisted on the 3 of them sharing the clue.

As far as I'm concerned, the clue was Amanda's. Yes, Danielle found it, but she left it on the floor when Amanda got up and moved to that side of the room to see what Danielle had dropped on the floor. Danielle shouldve' picked it up and stuffed it into her bikini, instead of just leaving it on the floor for Amanda to pick up.

Rufus??? - I think you mean Rupert.

I think Amanda is a strategic player - her problem is that she doesn't 'own' her moves, which is why she loses at TC. Of the remaining Heroes, she was the only one who could think strategically.
Colby got to the final 2 because he won every single individual challenge and then he was dumb to bring Tina to the final 2. His head and heart have not been in this game and he got lucky that James was injured - otherwise, he'd be gone by now.
Rupert's not a strategic player, at all. He made it in his season because he was with Sandra and then she decided to cut him lose because he could win immunities, etc.
Candice - she should've been a villian. Her 'big move' in her 1st season was committing mutiny minutes before a merge, which put a target on her back. By voting with the Villians, she loses the votes of Hereos and has proved herself to be untrustworthy, which puts a target on her back from either side when they are done with her.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Amanda is a strategic player - her problem is that she doesn't 'own' her moves,
Heyang, I don't like Amanda so I don't see what good she was at anything. I saw her riding coattails. Can you tell me when she played strategically???

Colby got to the final 2 because he won every single individual challenge and then he was dumb to bring Tina to the final 2.

Colby hated Keith so much that he gave up a million dollars just to keep Keith from winning the second place money. :laugh:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Loved the double elimination last night. Can't believe the villains passed on two chances to get rid of either Rupert or Colby. Watch out for Sandra. No way is she going to tell anyone that she has an idol. She might make it to the end again! 42

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Danielle did herself in and Russell isn't going to stop until he is in control. I don't think Parvati is going to let go easily either. I couldn't believe Colby gave up so easily on the immunity challenge.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Rupert's gone! Russell's flipping will backfire on him. As Sandra said, everyone wants him in the final two because no one on the jury will vote him the million. He thinks it's all about game play..........did he learn nothing from last season? 42

Jhar55

Medalist
If Russell in's the final 2 he deserves to win the million because the game is about outplaying the others he should have won last season. And he probably won't win again because all those already sitting on the jury know he outwitted them and don't like Russell for that reason.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
It's a double edged sword. If you make it, you're probably a game player. For that reason, maybe they won't like you...........(jealously maybe?) 42

heyang

Record Breaker
It's a final 3 - not 2, this season.

While Colby has been pathetic this season, he's risky in the final 3 because 4 out of 7 jury members are heroes. Remember, very few Survivor jurors have picked the 'best' player when there has been antagonism amongst the players. There will be 9 jury members - so, if the other 5 split their votes between the final 2 villians, Colby would win.

Jerri is also on the outside odds to win if she's in the final 3. She's made game changing decisions by voting against Rob and with Russell - swaying Coach to do the same. While she's pretty much gone with either Rob's strategy or Russell's or Parvati's, she's flipped strategically at the right times.

Sandra has 'saved' herself by playing strategically. She got Russell to vote out coach instead of her when Russell and coach had an alliance and Sandra was on the outs with the majority of the Villians. Every decision she has made has been with the intention of outlasting and outwitting.

Russell has been a very strategic player during both his seasons. However, as with last season, he doesn't know how to play the social game. Think about how he was bragging over Mick and Natalie just before final tribal council last season. Rupert, Colby & Courtney wont' vote for him - Coach might out of loyalty to a former alliance if Jerri isn't in the final 3. That could be 4 votes lost. We see only the strategic side of Russell, but we see very little of how he treats people outside of his alliance and that's the jury. SO while I feel Russell should've won last season, I don't think he'll win this season and doesn't neccessarly deserve to win this season.

So my winner is Parvati. She has made some very strategic moves - allying with Russell and getting him to trust her enough to give her an hidden immunity idol TWICE, using 2 hidden immunity idols to preserve the Villians dominance and ousting JT. From day 1, she was targeted for her social game. Unlike Cirie, Parvati's still in the game AND she's winning immunity challenges. No one on the jury nor do those remaining in the final 5 bear her ill will. So, she's my hope to win the title and become the 1st 2 time winner. Of course, the others should recognize this...and if they are smart they will target her to prevent her from getting to final 3.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russell has been a very strategic player during both his seasons. However, as with last season, he doesn't know how to play the social game.
Parvati played a social game and she didn't win either. Personally, I think Russell should have won. I would say the people on the jury aren't that smart. They're just mad because Russell outwitted them as did Parvati and Sandra.

In my opinon, I don't think Sandra deserved to win. I think the jury (again not bright bulbs) voted for her because of her husband and thought she might need the money.

heyang

Record Breaker
There have been many seasons of Survivor where the best player [for the public] didn't win. We see so little of what goes on around camp during the 40 days. Sugar was very popular during her 1st season, but she didn't get any votes because of how much she cried every day.

Also, the jury is very emotionally vested when they cast their votes. They don't have the time to stand back and look at everything objectively. Emotions and frustrations are still running high.

Jeff used to ask the jury [at the reunion show] if their votes would've been different if the final challenge winner had brought another player to the finals. In most cases, the response was 'yes'. Think Jenna M voting off Rob C during Amazon - the entire jury would've cast votes for Rob C if had been at the final vote. There have been many seasons where a 'coat tail' rider has won - Tina of Outback, Amber of All Stars, , Natalie from the prior season, etc.

However, I still contend that Sandra played the game to her strengths. She knew she wasn't going to win challenges; so, she wasn't going to worry about appearing weak. As she pointed out, it's part of her strategy. Physically weaker players are targeted when tribal immunity; however, the strong players are targeted more at the end. So, if a weaker player can survive through the merge without being irritating to the rest of the players, he/she has a good chance of going to final TC. I do feel she played a better game than Natalie who won last year. Natalie appeared to let Russell do everything to get her to the finals while she played nice with everyone. Sandra was playing - she tried to make moves but the Heroes were dumb. Her biggest move was getting Russell to vote off Coach, which ultimately kept her in the game.

I strongly feel that Russell deserved to win his 1st season because no one else was really playing the game - he ruled what happened. However, for H vs V, everyone was playing and I don't think Russell was the mastermind of every single move. Parvati pulled off some big moves independent of Russell and she won a lot more challenges than Russell and Sandra combined and she had a target on her back from day 1 (yet still made it to TC), which is why I felt she was the rightful winner this season. Russell and Parvati failed to make friends with the Heroes, who made up the majority of the jury. Between Russell's being a jerk to people in their faces and Sandra having made a couple of moves and the Heroes knowing that things would've been different if they had followed her lead and because she didn't offend people on the jury, Sandra won.

I wish Rupert, Colby, Coach and JT had been men enough (also Boston Rob, at the finale) to stand up and say, "Russell, you outplayed me." But no. Punks and twerps to the end. :laugh:

If Russell ever gets a chance to pay again, he will never, ever get voted off. All the other players know that to win a million dollars all you have to do is keep Russell in the game and go to the final two with him. :yes:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Heyang, thanks for those articles, they explain a lot.