Survivor Heros vs Villians - Anyone Going To Watch???? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Survivor Heros vs Villians - Anyone Going To Watch????

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Utterly shocked over who got voted out tonight.

and why is there no Survivor next week? Previews said in 2 weeks on a Wednesday.....
March Madness...I would assume why it's not going to be on.

I agree what is wrong with them!!! Here you have 2 skinny girls and James that can barely walk and you vote one of the strong guys off. I just want to chew nails when I see Amanda, yet they keep her on. If she wins I'm going to pulll all my hair out!!! I hope James' leg gets better. I thought JT was a lot smarter. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Jhar55

Medalist
They do this every season get rid of the strong players keep the weak and wonded, there only going to keep losing by keeping James with the bum leg. Next to go will be Colby then who they going to blame when they can't win...The weak player sare just hoping to hang on for the merge to reconncet with former players. Hope they do like the season Stephi was the lone tribe member before they merge...
Surivoirs not on next week due to Basketball.. Think they should only show the last quarter of the game see how basketball fans like it, or how about last 10 minutes leat they get to see who wins that's all they need to know....that's what they give us skating fans :laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like the way you think Jhar55!!!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a reminder that Survivor is on tonight Wednesday, March 24, 7 PM CST.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, I think the move Russell made last night was the best I have seen on Survivor.

The Hero tribe finally got it together but I wished they had voted off Amanda instead of James. What is she really doing on the show????

Wow, I think the move Russell made last night was the best I have seen on Survivor.

:rock: The all-time greatest move in Survivor history!

He saved himself, saved Parvarty, got rid of Tyson, and skunked Rob's butt, all with a single stroke. :laugh:

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:rock: The all-time greatest move in Survivor history!

He saved himself, saved Parvarty, got rid of Tyson, and skunked Rob's butt, all with a single stroke. :laugh:
I loved the look on Rob's face. I loved the girls shaking their heads and saying....what just happened!!!

Now Rob has got to respect that move. I do think that Russelll was sweating bullets though....risky, risky move.

I just wish that Rob & Russelll would team up together and duke it out in the end.

Jhar55

Medalist
Russell made a great move last night, I hope they all see through Boston Rob and send him packing. Never cared for him last 2 times he was on surivior..Rob pouting about the idol had there been an hidden idol during his other two times on he would hae been out looking for it and using it...

heyang

Record Breaker
I love Boston Rob - he works like a hero, but thinks like a villian.

The problem was that Tyson was stupid, stupid, stupid. He gained nothing by changing his vote. If he had stuck with voting for Pavarti, he and Russell would have tied. Since the re-vote is only between the 2, his alliance would have saved him. If Russell had truly voted for Parvati and kept the idol, then Parv would be out. If Russell truly voted Parvati and still gave her the idol, Parv would be out. Where was there any advantage to Tyson to vote for Parv? He had no reason to trust Russell and no reason to distrust his alliance. Dumb, Dumb,Dumb - he essentially voted himself out by not going with the plan.

Not surprised that James was voted off. His leg didn't get better enough where they thought he had a real chance to heal and play the game. Sucks to be Colby - beat out on the obstacle course by 'a cripplel and a fat man'. Honestly, where is the Colby of season 2? Boston Rob was season 3? - just about as long ago as Colby and he's playing as aggressively as ever.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Your whole assessment Heyang is right...got to love B Rob and Russelll even if you don't.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/03/25/jeff-probst-blogs-survivor-heroes-vs-villains-episode-6/

I love this quote

Tonight, Russell took the upper hand. I loved how happy he was with himself, on the beach slapping his thighs with joy. And Rob’s face of confusion as he heard the votes being read was something we’re not used to seeing. I wonder how long it took him to figure out what happened.
And Russell is absolutely smitten with Parvati. The handing over of the idol from Russell to Parvati was the Survivor version of foreplay. I even got a bit turned on watching it, over and over and over. Think I’m crazy? Go back and take a look again. It’s foreplay. As she takes the idol, Parvati gives him a look that says, “You will most definitely get some tonight.” Of course we all know he won’t, but I think he thinks he will. That’s what I mean when I say Parvati is deadly. Even when you’re not into her, she turns on that charm and next thing you know you’re giving her your… idol.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
The problem was that Tyson was stupid, stupid, stupid. He gained nothing by changing his vote. If he had stuck with voting for Pavarti, he and Russell would have tied.
Very true, it was not a wise play choice as it was wise to see what the only choice was and then how Tyson became mentally impaired was a lucky shot. Believing he has a better chance with Russell ended it before the tie. The best thing Russell does is count on the game being full of surprises and people flipping / changing strategy at the last second. This is smart AND statistically stable. But if he does not learn from last time and keeps this strategy with the final 4 he will lose again. It is the players with the most flexibility and change alliance that gets them to the finals, however the need for trust and respect are paramount when in the final 4 based on the one factor that is the definitive aspect of wining Survivor - the Jury's vote. Russell going for the idol when the tribe had decided not to was the thing that got him further in the game but guaranteed that the jury will not vote for him.

Russell is decisively the best Runner-up in the show's history and his strategy is great for getting to the final, but he will not win the Jury vote - well unless the other option is a more deceitful player. But with Russell strategy the only way to get to the vote is to be the most deceitful. So really his plan is great for getting air-time and getting the "love-hate" relationship that is a guaranteed crowed pleaser. Over all I hope people get the message with the result. There is a strong moral message in "reality T.V." that should not be waisted. The show promotes "sportsmanship" but what makes it reality T.V. is the ability they allow human nature to show the character of the individual. If the Audience was allowed to vote Russell would win for sure, society if full of that type of person looking for small amounts of justification in their actions AND the people watching from home CAN dissociate reality from T.V. This all topped of with the fact of only knowing a total of 34 hours or less broken up into 1 or 2 hour segments of what happens over 39 days.

ott - This has been good for I am surprised that the Heroes are not so Heroic and do not make the best choices - hence validating the point about necessity of Respect and trust getting you to the end. For some of the heroes choices are so stupid the only way they get to the finals is on those two attributes. GENERALIZING HERE - the way the Heroes come across collectively is emotionally unstable, confused and coming up short - but they have been known for doing something moralistically evident hence there is going to the best chance one of them will win IF they can get into the final 4. But villains have a couple that are showing to be more heroic than the heroes are. Rob is doing a great job of defining himself as the most "balanced" player in the games history - SO FAR.

Big WTH moment. Passing up Chocolate (most know I don't really like it) before a physical exertion when you are not eating enough food in the first place. The qualities of Chocolate make it a good way to get that energy in that challenge. Saying you are to focused on the challenge is so stupid, NOT focused because you just passed on a "bonus." Like another rung on the ladder for free.

Jeff ~ "Who wants to go up to the bonus starting line 10' up there? "
Heroes ~ "to focused hear to walk 10' to the same line as some of the other players. Just go ahead and start, we'll make up the 10' first thing."

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Russell took the Great Rob down....I think the problem was Rob didn't respect Russell for the great player he is. I would have loved to see Rob & Russell team up together...but they just couldn't get it together.

Jhar55

Medalist
So Russell took the Great Rob down....I think the problem was Rob didn't respect Russell for the great player he is. I would have loved to see Rob & Russell team up together...but they just couldn't get it together.

Rob came into the show thinking he was going to run the tribe like he did in previous seasons. The two were both strong players who wanted to run the tribe and as we all know can only have one ruler.. The villians tribe is falling apart. Be suprised to see what happends when they merge.

heyang

Record Breaker
Rob came into the show thinking he was going to run the tribe like he did in previous seasons. The two were both strong players who wanted to run the tribe and as we all know can only have one ruler.. The villians tribe is falling apart. Be suprised to see what happends when they merge.

Actually, I think Rob knew that he probably wouldn't make it to the finals. The other players know his game and he had a target on his back - even more so than past winners because he is more capable of winning challenges than remaining past winners Parvati and Sandra. He certainly didn't run the tribe during his 1st season since he was eliminated early and he did run the show during All-stars.

I also thought Russell was trash talking. He was saying how bad the villians performed in the immunity challenge. Hello and shut-up - it's not as though he's been a key player in challenges IMO. The Heroes consistently beat the Villians in the physical part of the challenges and Rob always pulled them together on the puzzle part. The Heroes beat them, as always, on the physical part AND they didn't have their usual chaos during the puzzle. I certainly don't think it was Rob who failed to do the puzzle.

I'm also more irked at Coach than usual. He broke his word to Rob and then was a woose about it too. If he had voted for Russell, it would have been a tie between Russ and Rob. I don't know if they would've drawn rocks again, which would at least be random, or if they would've had to build fire, which I think Rob would have won. IMO, Coach was not obligated to 'go' with Jerri when she decided to move to Russell's alliance without discussing it with Coach 1st.

heyang

Record Breaker
I also think the Villians are 'split'. Team Russell - Russell, Parvati, Danielle. Sandra & Courtney together and likely to align with someone on Heroes to target Team Russell. Jerri claims to be with Russell, but she will flip if Russell is eliminated. Don't know what Coach will do.

as for the remaining Heroes, I think they know they need to stick together, especially if they realize that the Villians are split and could be coaxed to join them.

I think Rob's problem was that they started filming Heros versus Villains before Russel's previous stint was aired. So Rob probably did not know anything about Russell. In particular he did not know anything about the hidden immunity idol and how Russell could use it to dominate the game.

I think Rob just dismissed Russell as a buffoon. until it was too late.

Coach could have come off as more honorable -- but still achieved the same result -- if he had just come right out and said, "I am not going to vote Rob or Russell off. I am going to do what is best for the tribe and vote off the weakest player (Countny) who is not contributing to the success of the tribe."

Same result, but that way he wouldn't have had to make conflicting promises to Rob and Russell, and he could have pretended that he was basing his play on principle rather than strategy.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can anyone tell me how Danielle got hooked up with team Russell. Did it ever show when she changed over to Russell's side??? I think if Russell was smart, he would keep Courtney and Sandra around. I don't think any of the jury can say that either did anything to win the million. I hope Russell wins, he deserves it....he plays a good game. I, too think that Rob dismissed Russell, which was a wrong move.

heyang

Record Breaker

I thought that was just plain dumb and I thought the others were dumb for going a long with it. They never even had a 5 minute conversation with Russell and the whole thing is based upon an assumption. They should've waited til after the merge to at least ensure that Russell would go with them...... and that letter was just naive and condescending IMO.

It might turn out ok. It comes down to who they trust after the merge. Do they believe Sandra's telling them that there is no female alliance and get her to flip and help them strategize getting Russell either out or at least to get rid of the idol? Or they believe Russell and whatever he tells them?

Did the happy dance with Parvati chose not to tell Russell about her idol!!!