XXI Olympic Winter Games - Figure Skating Schedule | Golden Skate

XXI Olympic Winter Games - Figure Skating Schedule

reynycpr

On the Ice
I'm pretty sure many of you already know the competition schedule for the event, but I just wanted to post this for those who may not know and need a quick reference.

Olympics Schedule
(Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8)/Start time (EST) in bold ( )

Sunday, February 14
16:30 - 19:55 Pairs Short Program (7:30pm)
Monday, February 15
17:00 - 20:55 Pairs Free Skating (8:00pm)
Tuesday, February 16
16:15 - 20:45 Men Short Program (7:15pm)
Thursday, February 18
17:00 - 21:05 Men Free Skating (8:00pm)
Friday, February 19
16:45 - 20:05 Ice Dancing Compulsory Dance (7:45pm)
Sunday, February 21
16:15 - 19:45 Ice Dancing Original Dance (7:15pm)
Monday, February 22
16:45 - 20:55 Ice Dancing Free Dance (7:45pm)
Tuesday, February 23
16:30 - 21:00 Ladies Short Program (7:30pm)
Thursday, February 25
17:00 - 20:55 Ladies Free Skating (7:00pm)
Saturday, February 27
16:30 - 19:00 Exhibition Gala (7:30pm)

If I got any of these wrong, please feel free to post the correction.

I don't know any 'live streaming' links or TV Schedule, so hopefully someone that does can post it here (unless it has already been posted in another thread). :)

Last edited:

Trevorgao

Rinkside
Hi,

Someone could help provide some live streaming links? I dont have cable and Icenetwork doesnt seem to broadcast it.

BTW I am in New York, so I guess as usual Canadian sites do not work. Thank you guys.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
IceNetwork can't broadcast it because it'd be in direct competition with NBC/Universal Sports broadcasting.

I just tried UniSport in NYC and it is showing Paid Program (advertising). Maybe they are trying to get ready for the Olys. It's 8 am here, so it must be 5 in Vancouver. No? Too early for UniSport to show anything. I was hoping to get a program of events to confirm that Pairs will be shown at 7:30 on Sunday evening. Meanwhile Ch 4 NBC (the parent of unisport) is jokingly talking about the opening ceremonies on the Today Show.

If unisport does not show figure skating at 7:30pm on the 14th it probably means it will be shown not live at a later time and, of course,abridged.

Fans: Keep posting here, and thank you reynycpr for this thread.

Last edited:

Tesla

Final Flight
I thought NBC was showing figure skating. The Pairs short is listed for their Sunday 7:30 p.m. telecast.

I thought NBC was showing figure skating. The Pairs short is listed for their Sunday 7:30 p.m. telecast.
Well, I'm a dummy. Is the entire list of reynycpr above NBC channel? Maybe some are cable UniSport. And are they all LIVE?

Tesla

Final Flight
Well, I'm a dummy. Is the entire list of reynycpr above NBC channel? Maybe some are cable UniSport. And are they all LIVE?

I think UniSport only has recap stuff. Mind you, I'm going by the Dish Network guide description on my DVR, and according to that, figure skating is shown on NBC on the appropriate dates during their primetime broadcast. I don't get UniSport, but I think I've read elsewhere that there will be recap stuff on UniSport. Here's the link to Heather's TV schedule. It appears that NBC will air the figure skating (including CDs). Now, I don't know how much will be shown, but I'm guessing most of the contenders and the US skaters. I think it's live too, but don't quote me on that. :)

ETA Ok, comparing the NBC schedule to the schedule in the first post, I think NBC will be showing skating live. Or at least tape delayed during the appropriate time!

Last edited:

figuristka

Medalist
Can someone help me figure out how to watch the figure skating. Iam a Canadian living in Finland and cannot figureout how to get the live coverage. I don't see any links, and i really don't want to miss any.

The eurovision online works but the guide says yle and not sure how to find the guide, or if its offered someplace else. Used to have a guide but now cannot find it and cannot read finnish.

Last edited:
The Times that Events Start

I was looking for the Times of the Events If you are interested check it out and be sure you add or subtract the difference in your time zone:

Time Schedule
(Local Time, GMT -08:00)

Date Time Category Segment
16:30:00 Pairs Short Program
17:00:00 Pairs Free Skating

16:15:00 Men Short Program
17:00:00 Men Free Skating

16:45:00 Ice Dance Compulsory Dance
16:15:00 Ice Dance Original Dance
16:45:00 Ice Dance Free Dance

16:30:00 Ladies Short Program

17:00:00 Ladies Free Skating

So being in NYC, I would just add 3hours but what's NBC doing and what's UniSport doing?

figuristka

Medalist
Could someone please list all online channels which will be showing the figure skating and times. Thanks so much.

Also if a Finnish person has the times the figure skating will be shown on yle or another channel i would really appreciate it. Thank you.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
As far tor tv broadcasting I know that Italian TV will show some figure skating (though I don't know how much and when...to get it I will tune in every time the broadcast say "Olympic Games" and then hoping to see figure skating..:sheesh:); then also SKY has a good coverage of Vancouver.

Then, coming to time zone, I must admit I'm becoming a little crazy...I have to add 9 hours, but so I'm always thinking of, e.g., Pairs SP on 15th (but 2.30 am!), then here I read 14th and so on (it always change if I'm speaking with european or american people..)....oh, I'm getting just a bit confused!!! and have to think also at my own duties, such as being awake also during the day to work and study!!!:mad::think::eek:hwell: argh!!!

figuristka

Medalist
I know the times zones are difficult. I always thought i would be in Canada during this event but due to circumstances iam not, and i cannot find here in Finland a guide to when the skating is on. I do not even know when they will have any coverage at this time during early morning hours, or if they repeat it.The guide on tv just says olympics too so cannot know what its showing.I plan to at least watch the men's free and ladies free in the early morning online, cannot be missed.

Men's free on Friday 19 http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/olympics/ is at 0:20- 4:45 gmt so 2:20:6:45am in Finland

Ladies Free friday 26 1:05-4:55 gmt in Finland 3:05- 6:55am also on eurovisionsports. Vancouver is 10 hours ahead for me. Hope i got this right lol.

Last edited:

figuristka

Medalist
kiz_4Ever i have to work so will probably just watch the final 2 groups in men's and ladies. Unfortunate :/ but have to try to see something.

QuadLutz

Rinkside
Also if a Finnish person has the times the figure skating will be shown on yle or another channel i would really appreciate it. Thank you.

The mens' short seems to begin at 02.45 (Finnish time) on FST5, YLE's Swedish channel. I really hope they're showing all of it. As of later events, I'm not sure if YLE has scheduled them yet. Have to keep eyes open.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Mens LP seems to start 04.50 Finnish time on TV2. But you never know if there is something else..

london_calling

On the Ice
Is the men's free skate going to be shown on Canadian television tonight? The CTV website isn't telling me anything.