Alena Leonova's blog in English | Golden Skate

Alena Leonova's blog in English

flesymtuobayzarc

Rinkside
Well,I'm glad Leonova have an English version of her official site but I think this site need to be redesigned

Why do you think so? I think it looks very nice the way it is.:yes:

I enjoy reading her writing, it's nice that she provides a lot of details that give me an insight into her skating and things related to it. I find it adorable that she didn't want to leave toys given to her by her fans behind. I remember Alena mentioning in one of her interviews that she lives with her family in a very small flat. Where is she going to keep those toys? :laugh:#

I hope that she will have great time in Canada. I will root for her.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Thank you, Mikhail! :biggrin:

I really like Alyona's blog site, especially the color, and the skating dress she is wearing in the photo.

What a delightful personality she has! I hope she has a wonderful time at the Olympics, and that her skating goes well. :)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Great site!

I read Alena's thoughts regularly. I find them interesting and she often gives me a laugh. Witty personality :laugh:

And serious:
This week we were given special booklets on doping, containing information on which substances we are allowed to take and which are not. Frankly speaking, I can’t understand what doping can enhance a figure skater’s performance. Anyway, we consult doctors each time we take a medicine in order not to swallow anything forbidden. For instance, we can’t instill a considerable range of nasal drops, because they contain some prohibited agents. My coach asked me to be as cautious as I can these days.

Actually I think doping can enhance the performance in all sports, because there is doping that increase your endurance. But I am glad it is not a problem in figure skating.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thanks M.
Seems like Alena and Ksenia have adjusted fine and had a good first day in Vancouver.

In the morning, when we learned that we won’t participate in the ceremony, we got upset, but then decided that the practice is more important for us. The more so, as we can watch everything on TV. Anyway, no Russian skater went there.

But IIRC someone saw Mishin there recording. :laugh: Was he?

In fact, for athletes there were only a huge plasma panel TV and soft drinks (juices, cola etc.) But for coaches it was like a cinema with popcorn, potato chips and drinks of a quite different kind )

Ksenia and I like poor relations took a glass of juice each and sat down to watch the ceremony. Our team was about to appear. At last we heard the long-awaited word ‘Russia’ and started applauding. Then we saw a close-up of our standard-bearer hockey player Alexei Morozov… and at that moment they made a commercial break! Everybody groaned. Our coaches began boiling over at once. Ksenia and I decided to watch the rest of the ceremony in our room. I liked the show very much, as well as the wonderful costumes and dances. And, of course, the most beautiful sight was the ignition of the Olympic cauldron!