Men Practice Reports | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Men Practice Reports

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
could also fernandez try a quad in the SP? and why not oda since he has been so consistent in practice this days?

So surely in SP are plushenko, joubert, verner, lambiel.

Trewyn

Medalist
http://web.icenetwork.com/index.jsp Article about Chan saying the injury and axel problems are a thing of the past. He also says he initially planned to retire after this season; what the? He's so young!! Look at Plushy; Chan could go on untile the games of 2018; he hasn't won anything really significant (like GPF, Worlds) so unless he wins here, that would seem like a really weird decision.

Alatariel

On the Ice
Okay, Nobu's 4/3/3 is too good to be true. He has to try this in competition one day. How about Thursday?

Watch Plushy in the 1st video at :32 for a "transition."

I think that was pure improv.

Anyway, how tall is Nobu? He seems to ... tiny.

Trewyn

Medalist
Belgian article about Van der Perren: says he suffers from nerves a bit, especially for the SP and hopes for a top 10 (ideally top 6) placement. Says he's not going to play safe and go for everything and hopes to continue at least next season and maybe until the 2012 Europeans. After their carreers he and Jenna want kids :D. I hope he'll skate his best! Not sure if he's going for a quad; the article didn't mention. I hope he at least does his triple-triple-triple and nails his triple axels!!!!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Okay, Nobu's 4/3/3 is too good to be true. He has to try this in competition one day. How about Thursday?

Watch Plushy in the 1st video at :32 for a "transition."

Wow, that was intense. Nobu = mini beast. I guess being 5'5" and 120 pounds as a guy has its advantages....

Alatariel

On the Ice
Wow, that was intense. Nobu = mini beast. I guess being 5'5" and 120 pounds as a guy has its advantages....

He's 5 5? Ouch, I'm taller than that ... too bad he isn't taller, height gives you a better presence on ice in my mind, looks much more powerful.

Moxie

On the Ice
Wow. Dai looks very nice in gray.

http://web.icenetwork.com/index.jsp Article about Chan saying the injury and axel problems are a thing of the past. He also says he initially planned to retire after this season; what the? He's so young!! Look at Plushy; Chan could go on untile the games of 2018; he hasn't won anything really significant (like GPF, Worlds) so unless he wins here, that would seem like a really weird decision.

IMO that's just Chan talking out his **** again.
He says the same thing in this article but then he also says he plans on reaching the top. A bit of a contradiction unless he thinks he will win gold here.

Alatariel

On the Ice
""This is not what I want to be doing for the rest of my life and it's not something I want to be dependent on for paying the bills.""

Is he really dissing everyone else who's gone pro without batting an eye? The kid really needs to shut his mouth.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
He's 5 5? Ouch, I'm taller than that ... too bad he isn't taller, height gives you a better presence on ice in my mind, looks much more powerful.

Yup, not even 5'5" actually I don't think. He is listed at 164 cm which is 5'4.5". That is short but a lot of the male skaters are fairly small, Dai is also 5'5", Khozaka and Chan are 5'7". For a Japanese man he's probably only a bit below average, because in Japan Mao who is 5'4" is considered tall for a girl.

So nervous to watch.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
""This is not what I want to be doing for the rest of my life and it's not something I want to be dependent on for paying the bills.""

Is he really dissing everyone else who's gone pro without batting an eye? The kid really needs to shut his mouth.

Blah, blah, blah. He can diss all he wants; I doubt many people will miss him once he walks away from the sport and this is coming from someone who used to be a pretty big fan of the guy. I've been over him for a year now though. I can't stand that much ego.

Alatariel

On the Ice
from twitter about fs practice

nrarmour
No messing around by Plushenko. Opens with a quad-triple-double combo.
1 minutes ago from UberTwitter

Practice from the FS

nrarmour
And there's a second quad by Plushy.
less than 20 seconds ago from UberTwitter

This is from today right? Ooooh, the 4-3-2 is back, Plushi knows what he needs to do!

Great about Weir as well!

No full run-thru for @EvanLysacek, either. A fall on triple axel but rest very solid.

The rest can be as solid as he wishes if he messes up the 3A!

What is Daisuke doing on his back on the ice?? Looks like he fell over laughing? Hope so, he needs to release a little of that tension (but not too much).

And now the Kween is retired isn't she allowed to cover up in the ice and snow? Poor Kween. Frozen are the shoulders that wear a crown.

Artistry

On the Ice
Can someone PLEASE explain why PRACTICE videos are being taken down from youtube?

Why would anyone care about just small practice clips? It's like everything is being done to stifle the sport's possible fanbase! I feel like soon there will just be a few internet boards of weridos, and the rest will watch only what they are given every 4 years.
Can someone explain the copyright or whatever situation? Who is it hurting to have a practice clip online? Doesn't it just advertise the event to come? Any explanations will be appreciated. thanks.

Alatariel

On the Ice
Can someone PLEASE explain why PRACTICE videos are being taken down from youtube?

Why would anyone care about just small practice clips? It's like everything is being done to stifle the sport's possible fanbase! I feel like soon there will just be a few internet boards of weridos, and the rest will watch only what they are given every 4 years.
Can someone explain the copyright or whatever situation? Who is it hurting to have a practice clip online? Doesn't it just advertise the event to come? Any explanations will be appreciated. thanks.

Frankly I have no idea. I can understand why the programs are taken down, considering people can see them on NBC so it means hits for their site. Practices though ... mind boggling, as they are only seen by a very small minority of enthusiasts so meh. I don't think there is a logical explanation but probably a corporate one that when dissected would turn out to be nonsense.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

Wait, how is this dissing anyone? Are people really suggesting that because his plans for the future don't include professional figure skating he's dissing professional figure skaters? Really? This isn't ego. This is him saying "I hope my future takes a different path." He's said many things that manifest his ego, but this isn't one of them (so put down the pitchforks).