Pairs Short Program, Sunday 14th, 7:30PM EST | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program, Sunday 14th, 7:30PM EST

seniorita

Record Breaker
I just saw results! Oh god what happened to maria and maxim????I managed to see only s/z and all skaters till third group and then fell asleep again in 4th group warmup :mad:...I dont know how I will manage this week, the hours are insane and there is no taped broadcast during next day :cry:

antmanb

Record Breaker
I just saw results! Oh god what happened to maria and maxim????I managed to see only s/z and all skaters till third group and then fell asleep again in 4th group warmup :mad:...I dont know how I will manage this week, the hours are insane and there is no taped broadcast during next day :cry:

I'm with you seniorita - I made it to the first ice re-surface and was fast alseep! I has so happy to see Shen & Zhao skating again - they looked great. I held my breath when they went for the jumps, and I loved their lift.

I also was :eek: when I saw how low down M&T were and wondered what happened. Thankfully i have the whole thing taped (and i set the recorder to do everything in between when Eurosport switch for the ice re-surface).

I actually watched the first two groups on the BBC coverage and it was nice to hear Robin Cousins commentating again...though he did seem to make a few mistakes of his own commentating and it's nowhere near as good as Chris and Nicky on Eurosport!

Funny as well was that i watched the "guide to figure skating" they showed before the broadcast of the Pairs competition and it made me laugh that in the "identify the jumps" section they clearly show a toe-loop and call it a flip! Helpful for the audience!

Ant

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
I dont know how I will manage this week, the hours are insane and there is no taped broadcast during next day :cry:

I'm with you...and worst, I stayed awake and tv was not broadcasting figure skating!!! hours are really insane for european...

seniorita

Record Breaker
I'm with you seniorita - I made it to the first ice re-surface and was fast alseep!

dont forget your promise!!! ;)
I m in the mountains of central greece last two days and I m thinking to stay here until the end of men lp, and hide my head in the snow until then cause i m starting having butterflies in my stomach:frown: I didnt like the draw much for men (yey for brezina though:)) , i so hope plushy skates well and the rest is not in his hands and wont matter, if he is beaten it means the others were better so fair enough. But i hope he skates well so he has no regrets.
Ok i m out of subject. I ll check for youtube vids now, I want to see the last two groups, they emailed me that S/S were awesome!

Sophia KP

Rinkside
oh yeah,so podium is fixed,
and for ladies event too. so yu-na get gold?
huge shame for russia-KOREAconnection

You are missing the point,
I dealed with the point that K/S sp score is over appropriated.

Think again.

Evgeni (he is Russian, you know) and Yuna is called the favorite to get gold
and they deserve credit for "be fixed" without mistakes "in a way".

But K/S is different.

What you say,,, hum. Don't be mad about that, No offense.

But! Comparing Yuna and K/S ?
It's beside off the point!

Last edited:

roma

On the Ice
Anybody knows where else can we watch the pairs SP? There were YT uploads earlier but were taken down immediately "due to IOC copyright" *sigh*

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I would put
1st: S/S
2nd: S/Z
3rd: K/S
4th: P/T
5th: Z/Z

S/Z is kinda hollow and boring.
S/S massive triple flip throw should put them over in the first place.

The top 2 teams don't have the details down to the tee like K/S. K/S deserve their PCS for all of the little details and nuances they do in each elements. P/T is clean, but lack the wow factor. I don't think they're much better than Amanda Evora and her partner, to be honest.

P/T, Z/Z overscored and should be under 70.

The top 3 should be a bit closer.

ANW

On the Ice
Hmmm, an interesting placement! But I can see where it's coming from if you are an avid fan of Rachael Flatt
I would put

The top 2 teams don't have the details down to the tee like K/S. K/S deserve their PCS for all of the little details and nuances they do in each elements. P/T is clean, but lack the wow factor. I don't think they're much better than Amanda Evora and her partner, to be honest.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
You are missing the point,
I dealed with the point that K/S sp score is over appropriated.

Think again.

Evgeni (he is Russian, you know) and Yuna is called the favorite to get gold
and they deserve credit for "be fixed" without mistakes "in a way".

But K/S is different.

What you say,,, hum. Don't be mad about that, No offense.

But! Comparing Yuna and K/S ?
It's beside off the point!

I don't understand anything you just said. Really. Please clarify.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I would put

I disagree.

And it would've if they hadn't messed up on their SBS spins.

Therefore. S/Z, FTW :)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NBC really messed up on the flags!

My top placements - Shen & Zhao
Aliona & Robin
Pang & Tong
Kavaguti & Smirnov

I generally really like Dube & Davison, but I feel they were severely overmarked. Langlois & Hay skated beautifully & should have been placed higher than D&D.

I am jumping over the moon for Amanda & Mark, and hope they skate really well for the long proram. I think Caydee & Jeremy skated quite well despite that downgraded jump.

Can't wait to see the finals!

Trewyn

Medalist

I'll join the minority! I like S/S' clown program, too! :)

My opinions exactly! I think S/S costumes are gorgous! Yes it's very themed and I understand that some people think it's over the top; but I think it just adds to the atmosphere, the general artistic product. For me that SP is just such an amazing package.

allanstone

Spectator
Well, you could express your opinion, but it is really 'special' compared with what others think. I could only say that you're really 'uique'. Anyway, I'm pretty sure none of your supported couples would get the result you desire finally.

yangjie

On the Ice
I don't understand anything you just said. Really. Please clarify.

me too.aftertherain.

i think sophia KP is too IMAGINATIVE, so we dont understand it.

anyway sophia KP, STOP thinkig that any figure skaters and couples ARE FIXED for a medal.
its STUPID.
every topskaters has the chance to get a gold, and every figureskaters may make a mistkake and miss a medal.
Plushy might not get a gold, and japanese ladies may miss medals.but why not yuna?

Last edited:

allanstone

Spectator
I would put

Well, you could express your opinion, but it is really 'special' compared with what others think. I could only say that you're really 'uique'. Anyway, I'm pretty sure none of your supported couples would get the result you desire finally.

figuristka

Medalist
Iam so disappointed i couldn't watch this but with the time difference i could not as i work. I cannot find any clips on yt at all. If someone uploads the short program of Shen and zhao somewhere and could send me it i would appreciate it so much.

Tony Wheeler

On the Ice
I think everyone should use the live judging feature, and then write about their placements. In my own mind, I thought Pang/Tong were better last night than Kawaguchi/Smirnov. But, when it came down to it, my OWN scores that I gave the couples were 72.30 vs. 71.60, in favor of the Chinese. They then received the -1 deduction for a time violation, and my scorecard had K/S beating them by .30 points. Watching this as a casual fan and not scoring it, I think I would never guess it would be that close, let alone having the Russians on top. So while we all watch and think, oh there's some traveling or lack of unison in that spin, or I don't like the flow of that throw jump, when you actually score it as a whole, you might surprise yourself!

Last edited: