Pairs Short Program, Sunday 14th, 7:30PM EST | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program, Sunday 14th, 7:30PM EST

Fae

Rinkside
I'll be crushed if P/T end up in 4th again. ESPECIALLY if they shafted for the sake of K/S. Sigh.

oxade21

Match Penalty
I'll be crushed if P/T end up in 4th again. ESPECIALLY if they shafted for the sake of K/S. Sigh.

Please, enough with K/S hate. K/S might actually win, what 4th place? P/T's problem is not K/S but their regularly downgraded a level or two and the fact that they not Chinese Number one. Thats' life.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I, too, was surprised about M/T, but not with V/M... Their skating was similar to how it usually is, and that music sure isn't helping them any.

I don't recall EVER seeing them skate before (V&M that is), but I just (probably wrongfully) expected more from them because I knew about their good past results.

aurora100

Final Flight
The Olympic website put up the skate order for the Pairs Long and S/Z will skate last. They opened the Pairs event and they will close the Pairs Event. Hopefully with another world and olympic record and the Gold !!!:bow::bow::bow:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
When the two main commentators, Sandra Bezic and Scott Hamilton, verbalize that they don't understand how some of these scores were arrived at i.e. they were inflated for less than perfect skates, we have a problem.

considering they're the ones that made the CoP possible because of their comments in SLC, I wouldn't just outrightly say - yeah something's wrong. they're good at letting emotion get teh better of them.

THAT being said - They've been spot on IMO tonight (so far, I just got done watching P&T skate). Dube and Davison were more than given a gift tonight. :no:

Sophia KP

Rinkside
Huge shame for RUssian -JApan connection.

I can't understand K/S PCS score.
and I can't agree technical Judge on Ladies.

So ridiculous.

Podium is already fixed

Last edited:

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
After the pairs short program:

I am thrilled that Langlois and Hay did so well! What a great way for them to start their Olympics at home!

I am devastated by M/T's mistake. Poor Max and Maria. They have skated clean SPs for 2 entire seasons, they must be really shocked and upset that this happened here.:cry: I hope they won't dwell on this mistake and skate their hearts out tomorrow.

Luciana

Rinkside
1. Shen/Zhao
2. Kavaguti/Smirnov
3. Pang/Tong
4. Savchenko/Szolkowy
5. Zhang/Zhang
6. Langlois/Hay
7. Voloshazar/Morozov
8. Mukhortova/Trankov
9. Dube/Davison

S/S are 4th? Are you serious?
What makes you think so? I'd like to hear the exact reasons.
IMO, S/S are 2nd or above.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm in the minority but I like S/S' clown costume/routine :love:

I think one and two are correct. No idea why D/D got the gift they did.

oxade21

Match Penalty
S/S are 4th? Are you serious?
What makes you think so? I'd like to hear the exact reasons.
IMO, S/S are 2nd or above.

It all comes down who skated cleanest. S/S had small mistake on SBS spin. That what put them under K/S and P/T. I actually used NBC be the judge thingy to calculate mine. I am also not a fan of clowns, so that reflected slightly on PCS.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
so non skating fans of mine - who are instant know it alls come the olympics because they "love to watch it" - are griping about the Canadians being as high as they are... and while I agree they're TOO HIGH... gotta laugh. one actually believes the panel is all Canadian.

no, dearheart... one can only wish for that lol

gold12345

Medalist
Please, enough with K/S hate. K/S might actually win, what 4th place? P/T's problem is not K/S but their regularly downgraded a level or two and the fact that they not Chinese Number one. Thats' life.

Okay, but this isn't ice dance. Why should it matter they are not the Chinese Number One?

Yes, I thought it was very sweet how Maria was hugging and comforting Maxim in the kiss and cry, he looked absolutely crushed..

Yes, that was really sweet, especially knowing how cold they've sometimes been to each other in the past!

inside edge

On the Ice
I LOVED Savchenko/Szolkowy and Pang/Tong!!! I am so proud of them! They were amazing. I pray they do just as well in the FS *fingers crossed*

p.s. I am puzzled by D/D's score as well. I hope they don't inflate the Canadians' scores in the other figure skating events. I will be pissed.

:yes::yes:

yangjie

On the Ice
Huge shame for RUssian -JApan connection.

I can't understand K/S PCS score.
and I can't agree technical Judge on Ladies.

So ridiculous.

Podium is already fixed

oh yeah,so podium is fixed,
and for ladies event too. so yu-na get gold?
huge shame for russia-KOREAconnection

aurora100

Final Flight
oh yeah,so podium is fixed,
and for ladies event too. so yu-na get gold?
huge shame for russia-KOREAconnection

You are missing the point, Russian-Japan has a strong connection when it comes to ladies, and the conspiracy will be to keep Yuna off the podium, or off the Gold

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin:I'm sure to make some people scream..but I agree with almost all the placements ( K/S maybe not quite so close to the top ,considering the twist ) ...I admit there's a bit of a muddle around 6-7-8 that doesn't sit well with me. I don't think D/D should be above L/H but I'm really not so sure they should be below M/T as some would have it. I think Both D/D and M/T were given quite generous PCS ..both generally a point above corresponding marks for L/H. I can't quite buy it .

I think D/D have been given the "national Champion " allowance , and I don't like to see it. I'm going to re-watch before I call it a night , now that I know the scores , and see if it makes any more sense to me...I kind of doubt it.

Very sad for Caydee , but if you can count on anyone bouncing back , it's probably her. Who doesn't love her?

Excellent skate for E/L..I hope they put a rope around her ankle so she won't float away before the LP.:laugh:
It's my fervent hope that face painting will be banned.Save it for a show..if you must.

Last edited:

yangjie

On the Ice
You are missing the point, Russian-Japan has a strong connection when it comes to ladies, and the conspiracy will be to keep Yuna off the podium, or off the Gold

its funny. you have a nice imagination . you could be a writer

Last edited: