CTV (Canadian) Coverage & Rod Black | Golden Skate

CTV (Canadian) Coverage & Rod Black

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I put this here because it's not about figure skating YET but Rod Black is already driving me crazy. Are you listening to him on the short track speed skating, Canadians? He won't even let Susan Auch get a knowledgeable word in edgewise. He already said the one Canadian guy was definitely out when it seemed pretty clear that he was interfered with and probably would still make the final (and guess what? He was put in the final for that reason). I've already emailed CTV about it. Think if I email every day they can muzzle him at least by the Men's SP?

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I LOVE Rod :laugh:

then again I don't have to listen to him every day ;) just once in a blue moon when I get canadian coverage sent to me in a tape trade :love:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Rod , Rod, Rod..I've decided I may need a pre- drinking game drink..I tell you I'm in dread. Already the commercial for the pairs tomorrow had to drag up Jess & Bryce's accident. If we have to see multiple replays of that tomorrow, I may throw up.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Already the commercial for the pairs tomorrow had to drag up Jess & Bryce's accident. If we have to see multiple replays of that tomorrow, I may throw up.

Oh, I think that's pretty much guaranteed. LOL

PS: that preview was just on again.:laugh:

Last edited:

Tigger

Final Flight
Rod , Rod, Rod..I've decided I may need a pre- drinking game drink..I tell you I'm in dread. Already the commercial for the pairs tomorrow had to drag up Jess & Bryce's accident. If we have to see multiple replays of that tomorrow, I may throw up.

So...What are we having tomorrow night? ;)

It's a sure thing of all sure things we'll hear and see the accident in a profile of some sort tomorrow. I hate to say it, but...

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:eek:remember how many years they kept trotting out Hough & Ladret's fall ? I can't count the times we saw that girl's head hit the ice. Even years later.. if some pair had an accident or, it seemed, even a near miss, almost instantly they'd do a little feature on how dangerous pairs skating could be..and guess what they'd show to prove it ?

So I'm sure you're probably right. With Rod's most flowery voice over.."They call them the Comeback Kids.." :laugh::cry:

**** Re; Dinner.. We've got Shepherd's Pie planned ! ...What a mess.

Last edited:

Tigger

Final Flight
Too bad you can't come here. I'm trying out a new pasta recipe w/homemade pesto.

I've never made pesto before, so...Wee bit nervous about that, but hey!! Got to be a first time for everything, right? :)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
As long as they don't show the clip they used at Nationals, I'll be fine. I've never seen such a gory video of it before.

Tigger

Final Flight
Yeah, well that was the CBC and I wanted to literally hunt down and *hurt* whomever decided it would be a good idea to first show the accident w/no warning, and then reshow it in slomo, the weekend it happened. Bad enough that happened, but to then show it like that repeatedly?

Disgusting and not needed!! I hope CTV handles it better tonight.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
"They call them the Comeback Kids.."

Okay, that's added to the drinking game! LOL

We're having prime rib because it's Valentines Day but I wasn't about to go out to a restaurant and miss Shen and Zhao. For drinking, there will be a nice Pelee Island Shiraz Cab.

zowie

Rinkside
I put this here because it's not about figure skating YET but Rod Black is already driving me crazy. Are you listening to him on the short track speed skating, Canadians? He won't even let Susan Auch get a knowledgeable word in edgewise. He already said the one Canadian guy was definitely out when it seemed pretty clear that he was interfered with and probably would still make the final (and guess what? He was put in the final for that reason). I've already emailed CTV about it. Think if I email every day they can muzzle him at least by the Men's SP?

I like rod........:)

My favorite duo is he commentating with either Barb Underhill or Tracy Wilson.