Women's Moguls | Golden Skate

Women's Moguls

ARipp42014

Medalist
Yay my first thread!

Anyone think Jenn Heil will end the Canadian drought and win gold tonite? Just saw one of the Americans went down the hill. :cry:

Update: One of the Canadian girls went down too. :cry:

Last edited:

ARipp42014

Medalist
USA just won its first gold! J.Heil finished 2nd. Guess Canada will have to wait another day for gold!

ARipp42014

Medalist
That's 4 medals within the last 90 minutes. 1 G, 1 S, and 2 B. Great first day for USA! Don't worry, Canada will win a gold eventually. :)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Hannah Kearney was amazing. Heil was great, but Kearney was amazing. Also, I love love love Bahrke - she seems like such a nice woman. Good show.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I don't know anything about moguls. But I still thought Hannah Kearney outstandingly fab and was rooting for her to win as soon as I saw her! I thought that the second Canadian lady was also great. The third American lady's skiing did not look as beautiful as the top two, but she was very fast. Re the fourth Japanese lady, Aiko Uemura whom I was rooting for, her skiing looked rather petite compared to the medalists.' Even though she is a world champ last season, I guess she would have been placed 6th at this time if it had not been for the falls of Kristi and Michelle.

I liked the second jump of Arisa Murata. It was very beautiful.

I was really sorry that there were so many falls (Kristi, Michelle, and Satoya). An American woman who did most beautiful jumps fell. I wondered where she had been placed without that fall. I thought that she had medalled if she stayed on feet. The other ladies who fell also were fab. I wish if all of them had stayed on feet.

Congrats to all the medalists!

Last edited:

jcoates

Medalist
Congrats to Barhke, the future Mrs. Happy :), and all the medallists !!! Her attitude is totally infectious. Just love her positive outlook. Fell in love with her on the Today Show this week. She's a delight.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Very proud of Jenn Heil's performances. Back-to-back gold & silver in an event that's as unpredictable as the moguls is pretty great.

Tigger

Final Flight
Not only proud of Jenn's performance, but also how she handled herself afterwards. That interview she did, Jenn made me cry. Also reminded me of Michelle in Nagano, as Jenn also said, "I didn't lose a Gold Medal, I *won* the Silver!!" She also said that this is Canada's Medal and she felt like she was standing on all of our shoulders tonight w/all the support she's gotten.

She also thanked the Support Staff at Cypress for keeping the course ski-able and making sure the event got in. Jenn's right too. Those conditions were horrible and they deserve a Standing Widly Screaming Ovation from all of us for keeping the course managable and pulling that off tonight. Major, Major Kudos to Them!!!!

Congrats US Members on your Gold and Bronze!! Your young lady did you good tonight!! :)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Great sport to watch. I saw a repeat broadcast this afternoon. Very cool ladies. I loved to see Michelle Roark go for a "double", 720; 2 revolutions in the air, wow. Pity she had a fall.

Congratulations to the medalists, Kearney, Heil and Bahrke :clap:

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
Congratulations Hannah and Shannon!!! They were amazing!!! I think Hail has such a great attitude about the game and I really thought she was wonderful. She truly is an olympian!!!