Groups for Start Orders (Mens/Ladies) | Golden Skate

Groups for Start Orders (Mens/Ladies)

Tony Wheeler

On the Ice
Since these Olympic short program warm-up groups are based on world standings, I would assume that the mens and ladies competitions will be the 5-5-5-5-5-5 groups, and the following skaters would be in the first and second halves based on their current world rankings (and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the final two groups (= 10 skaters), are the 10 highest skaters in the standings.)

Ladies, First Half: McCorkell, Phaneuf, Reitmayerova, Nagasu, Makarova, Karademir, Lafuente, Liu, Kwak, Postic, Ziegler, Gimazetdinova, Lee, Jurkiewicz, Pieman

Ladies, Warm-Up Group 4: Korpi, Gedevanishvili, Glebova, Meier, Hecken

Ladies, Warm-Up Groups 5/6: Kim, Kostner, Asada, Lepisto, Rochette, Suzuki, Ando, Leonova, Sebestyen, Flatt

Men, First Half: Borodulin, Fernandez, Amodio, Chipeur, Plushenko, Bacchini, Urbas, Kovalevski, Rakimgaliev, Pfeifer, Lindemann, Domanski, Nurmenkari, Kelemen, Ri

Men, Warm-Up Group 4: Oda, Takahashi, Lambiel, Ten, Schultheiss

Men, Warm-Up Groups 5/6: Verner, Lysacek, Brezina, Abbott, Joubert, Van der Perren, Chan, Contesti, Kozuka, Weir

SamuraiKike

Medalist
While the draw method is correct (is the same used for Worlds, Euros and 4cc ), I believe there will be 5 groups of six skaters,, so there will be a few variations, like Oda and Takahashi skating in the last 2 groups :thumbsup:

Plushenko however , will definetly skate in the first half, so hes gonna set the bar for the rest of the event..:)

No biggie in the ladies: all the main names will skate in the last 2 warm ups. Only Nagasu is screwed but shes not a big contender IMHO.

Tony Wheeler

On the Ice
If that were the case, the pairs groups would have been 4-4-4-4-4, but they are instead 3-3-4, 3-3-4 in order to split the field in half. There's 30 ladies and men, so there's no way to have 6 skaters in each group and split it in half..

SamuraiKike

Medalist
If that were the case, the pairs groups would have been 4-4-4-4-4, but they are instead 3-3-4, 3-3-4 in order to split the field in half. There's 30 ladies and men, so there's no way to have 6 skaters in each group and split it in half..

Damn, you're right, oh well... the good news about that is that Group 4 is gonna be delicious : Oda, Takahashi, Lambiel , Ten and Schultheis !!!!!

Thank you guys for the info. My worry is not so much the order of skate as it is the editing NBC will do to make room for the commercials and the Stars' human interest stories. I'm one of those blokes who want to see the whole comp and not just the stars.

I have a Sunday paper Listing of Oly events. NBC will show various events tonight from 7pm and end at 11pm. Thats 4 hours for PAIRS SP; Mens free style moguls skiing; Luge; and Women's Skiing (downhill I believe). How much will be given to each event?

Is this an example of Ladies/Men?

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
MEN

according to fsu I quote some parts, i hope it is ok.

Using ISU Rule 579, you get the following:

1. Second half. Random draw for last two warmup groups (Groups 5 and 6) among the top 10 ranked men that are competing.

(ISU World Standings Rank, Name, Nation)
1 Tomas Verner CZE
2 Evan Lysacek USA
3 Michal Brezina CZE
5 Jeremy Abbott USA
6 Brian Joubert FRA
7 Kevin Van Der Perren BEL
9 Patrick Chan CAN
10 Samuel Contesti ITA
11 Takakiko Kozuka JPN
13 Johnny Weir USA

2. Random draw among remaining 5 men in the second half for Group 4.

Group 4 (not necessarily this order)
14 Nobunari Oda JPN
15 Daisuke Takahaski JPN
17 Stephane Lambiel SUI
18 Denis Ten KAZ
20 Adrian Schultheiss SWE

3. First half. Any unranked skaters skate first (draw amongst these, one in this case).

Skating first in Group 1:
UR Song Choi Ri PRK

4. Draw among the remaining skaters in the first half for Groups 1, 2, and 3.
23 Artem Borodulin RUS
26 Javier Fernandez ESP
28 Florent Amodio FRA
37 Vaughn Chipeur CAN
38 Evgeny Plushenko RUS
47 Paolo Bacchini ITA
50 Gregor Urbas SLO
56 Anton Kovalevski UKR
58 Abzal Rakimgaliev KAZ
70 Viktor Pfeifer AUT
80 Stefan Lindemann GER
81 Przemysław Domański POL
88 Ari-Pekka Nurmenkari FIN
126 Zoltan Kelemen ROU

ARipp42014

Medalist
Have they officially announced the draw yet? I saw on Jeremy's tweet that he was on his way to know when he was skating and then going shopping.

Plus he asked Meryl to be his Valentine. She accepted! How cute! :love: Jeryl! :biggrin:;):agree:

Last edited:

Ximena

Final Flight
There's an update on Twitter for some of the skaters
@IN: Men's draw highlights: Evan 28, Joubert 21, Chan 24, Abbott 29, Weir 25, Oda 20, Takahashi 17, Lambiel 19, Plushenko 10

ARipp42014

Medalist
Just saw the skating order! Here's how it looks like:

1 DPR Korea RI Song Chol
2 Ukraine KOVALEVSKI Anton
3 Slovenia URBAS Gregor
4 France AMODIO Florent
5 Austria PFEIFER Viktor
6 Kazakhstan RAKIMGALIEV Abzal

(2nd flight)

7 Poland DOMANSKI Przemyslaw
8 Finland NURMENKARI Ari-Pekka
9 Canada CHIPEUR Vaughn
10 Russian Federation PLUSHENKO Evgeni
11 Italy BACCHINI Paolo
12 Romania KELEMEN Zoltan

(3rd flight)

13 Russian Federation BORODULIN Artem
14 Germany LINDEMANN Stefan
15 Spain FERNANDEZ Javier
16 Kazakhstan TEN Denis
17 Japan TAKAHASHI Daisuke
18 Sweden SCHULTHEISS Adrian

(4th flight)

19 Switzerland LAMBIEL Stephane
20 Japan ODA Nobunari
21 France JOUBERT Brian
22 Japan KOZUKA Takahiko
23 Italy CONTESTI Samuel
24 Canada CHAN Patrick

That's one heck of a flight.

(final flight)

25 United States WEIR Johnny
26 Belgium van der PERREN Kevin
27 Czech Republic VERNER Tomas
28 United States LYSACEK Evan
29 United States ABBOTT Jeremy
30 Czech Republic BREZINA Michal

Wow all 3 Americans on the final flight, along with the 2 Czechs, and KVDP. This is gonna be fun!

Plushy is going on early yet again. Hopefully it's not like what happened in 2006 in which the door was already closed by the time the 2nd flight began. Chan vs. Joubert vs. Lambiel... hmmmm! And good to see Javi and Denis with Daisuke!

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
#17-22 wow. One after another.

Interesting spots for the american guys, I can't wait to see how Johnny holds up if Chan brings down the house. Evan and Jeremey going 1,2 in the final warm up group.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Seems like JAbb is very happy about being near the end!

"I skate 29 of 30 in the Short Program. I too cant wait too "frolic" with @Meryl_Davis on this amazingly beautiful day!" (Jeremy's recent tweet)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Ok, so Chan and Johnny are seperated? That's gotta help. An ice cut (10 min) and the 6 min warmup will allow the crowd to come to it's senses before Johnny skates.

Tony Wheeler

On the Ice
Again, as mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm fairly certain it's 5-5-5-5-5-5 instead of the 6-man groups.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Again, as mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm fairly certain it's 5-5-5-5-5-5 instead of the 6-man groups.

Hmm in that case....

1 DPR Korea RI Song Chol
2 Ukraine KOVALEVSKI Anton
3 Slovenia URBAS Gregor
4 France AMODIO Florent
5 Austria PFEIFER Viktor

(2nd flight)
6 Kazakhstan RAKIMGALIEV Abzal
7 Poland DOMANSKI Przemyslaw
8 Finland NURMENKARI Ari-Pekka
9 Canada CHIPEUR Vaughn
10 Russian Federation PLUSHENKO Evgeni

(3rd flight)
11 Italy BACCHINI Paolo
12 Romania KELEMEN Zoltan
13 Russian Federation BORODULIN Artem
14 Germany LINDEMANN Stefan
15 Spain FERNANDEZ Javier

(4th flight)
16 Kazakhstan TEN Denis
17 Japan TAKAHASHI Daisuke
18 Sweden SCHULTHEISS Adrian
19 Switzerland LAMBIEL Stephane
20 Japan ODA Nobunari

(5th flight)
21 France JOUBERT Brian
22 Japan KOZUKA Takahiko
23 Italy CONTESTI Samuel
24 Canada CHAN Patrick
25 United States WEIR Johnny

(final flight)
26 Belgium van der PERREN Kevin
27 Czech Republic VERNER Tomas
28 United States LYSACEK Evan
29 United States ABBOTT Jeremy
30 Czech Republic BREZINA Michal

The 2nd half is gonna be fun to watch! Since only 24 will make it to the LP, which 6 you think will be out?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I'm wondering if having Plushy skate so early might hurt him in terms of scores. If the judges give him a huge score and then a lot of the skaters in the last two groups are as good or better, they'll have to get huge scores too....

Tony Wheeler

On the Ice
I'm wondering if having Plushy skate so early might hurt him in terms of scores. If the judges give him a huge score and then a lot of the skaters in the last two groups are as good or better, they'll have to get huge scores too....

It didn't hurt S/Z, and I don't think it will hurt him. CoP is made to judge the skaters performance, not compare performances. So if they judges give him, say, 8.50 for his skating skills, they shouldn't have to have to scramble to remember it later on, because they are marked against the 10-point scale, not in comparison with the other skaters. Now I know this doesn't always seem true, but that's the whole point of this system!