Men's moguls | Golden Skate

Men's moguls

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I love watching moguls, though I don't understand the judging system (well, then people could love figure skating too, if not understanding COP)

Aren't they just amazing athletes/showmen? Love the slow motion pictures.

I am rooting for Jesper Björnlund, who grew up in my small village :clap: But GO ALL :rock:

ARipp42014

Medalist
Men's Final starts at 8:30 EST! It's almost a 4-way tied for first.

1 COLAS Guilbaut (France) 25.93
2 BILODEAU Alexandre (Canada) 25.48
3 WILSON Bryon (USA) 25.06
4 BEGG-SMITH Dale (Australia) 25.03
5 BJOERNLUND Jesper (Sweden) 24.53

Bennett

Record Breaker
I love watching moguls, though I don't understand the judging system (well, then people could love figure skating too, if not understanding COP)

Aren't they just amazing athletes/showmen? Love the slow motion pictures.

Me too! LOVE the beauty! Love it!!!! The speed, dynamic jumps, and beautiful twists and back flip! In particular, I am really loving men's! I tend to enjoy ladies in FS better, but moguls, definitely men!! The dynamic, big jumps and the speed are just simply incredible! I just watched the qualification this morning. Oh, I wish if I could watch the final on time! But I am now at work (why am I on this site? hehe, just warming up).

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
TICKED!!! As an Australian, I am ticked that Beggs-Smith, did not win!!!! I thought that he had the better run, and it says alot about a guy who started and runs his own company to pay for his sport. Winter medals are hard for Aussies to come by so gold from him would have meant alot, and he is born in Canada, so it would have been the same thing anyway. EXCEPT I would have been able to sing ADVANCE AUSTRALIAN FAIR!!!!!

ARipp42014

Medalist
Finally a gold for Canada! 3 cheers of Molson! :agree::agree::agree:

Everyone at the plaza better sing it like it was a hockey game! :biggrin:

Now back to the pairs! :)

Justafan

On the Ice
Congrats to Canada! My hubby is from BC so we got a loud cheer out of him down here in Texas.

cloudkicker said:
TICKED!!! As an Australian, I am ticked that Beggs-Smith, did not win!!!! I thought that he had the better run, and it says alot about a guy who started and runs his own company to pay for his sport. Winter medals are hard for Aussies to come by so gold from him would have meant alot, and he is born in Canada, so it would have been the same thing anyway. EXCEPT I would have been able to sing ADVANCE AUSTRALIAN FAIR!!!!!

He was so impressive! It's so cool that he's a self-made millionnaire as well as an Olympic champion. I thought he had the best form overall but the Canadian guy's win didn't shock me since he was so fast. He was great too. Not that I know the tiniest bit about skiing.

Tigger

Final Flight
Congrats to Canada! Enjoy the rest of the Games with less pressure. :)

I know the Party Line so far has been, "Oh that Gold Medal is coming and etc, etc, etc...", but they aren't fooling this fan. A HUGE monkey got dropkicked off of Cypress Mountain and into the Pacific Ocean earlier tonight and you can't tell me every single Canadian Favourite didn't take a deep sigh of relief after hearing the news.

What a performance, Valentine's Day Present to Canada and Belated Birthday Present to his older brother who suffers from Cererbal Palsy.

I was choked up several times tonight, but it wasn't until Alex's entire family joined him and Brian Williams and they surprised him w/Darren Dutchysen bringing in a bottle of Bubbly and those little plastic wine glasses. Dutchie opened up the bottle and then did the honours of fillling the little glasses, w/Alex passing them off to his Family. Now Fredrick normally doesn't drink Alchcol, but after having his first sip of the Champange, Fredrick went, "Mmmmmm!!!!" :biggrin:

Brian then told Alex to tell Fredirick in French, that it's tradition for the first person given a glass to make a toast w/, is the person who makes the toast. His voice is a bit garbled due to his Cerebral Palsy being so severe, even I was able to hear him say in French to his brother, "Congratulations Olympic Champion!!"

Now that finished me off and the emotion really hit me and I started to bawl!!!

Congratulations Alexandre!! Thank you for the wonderful Valentine's Present you gave to all of us tonight!!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Congrat Canada! I am still at work but I am so excited to watch and cannot wait to go home!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I know the Party Line so far has been, "Oh that Gold Medal is coming and etc, etc, etc...", but they aren't fooling this fan. A HUGE monkey got dropkicked off of Cypress Mountain and into the Pacific Ocean earlier tonight and you can't tell me every single Canadian Favourite didn't take a deep sigh of relief after hearing the news.

Couldn't it have been both? We've won gold medals at every single games since Calgary (whereas before that our record was spotty - yes in Sarejevo and Innsbruck, no in Lake Placid and Sapporo), and I don't think there's anyone who thought we wouldn't here. But knowing that it's been done, yeah - that monkey certainly got drop kicked into the ocean. I'm more interested now in seeing if "Own the Podium" continues in other guises for the next four years (and onwards).

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I missed the Brian Williams interview! I hope they replay it today. Maybe CTV will carry it online.

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Congrats to Canada and Alexandre Bilodeau on their first gold at home! I was some surprised how low Guilbaut Colas finished though. He had the fastest time and has a pretty clean run yet he ended up 6th. That puzzles me. However I did think Bilodeau did have the best run.

I really dig this Sport. Ir's a hoot to watch these guys and gals bumping those moguls down the track and suddenly take off in the air and rotate before landing. It's a judged sport by the way.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Congrats to Canada and Alexandre Bilodeau on their first gold at home! I was some surprised how low Guilbaut Colas finished though. He had the fastest time and has a pretty clean run yet he ended up 6th. That puzzles me. However I did think Bilodeau did have the best run.

During hiis second air manuever, Colas didn't grab the ski like he was supposed to in that position, so he got a deduction. I didn't catch it but the announcer on TSN/CTV did right away - she was probably biased for the Canadian, but she knew what the judges would say and they did.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Just watched the replay. It clashed badly with figure skating in the small hours.

He was so impressive! It's so cool that he's a self-made millionnaire as well as an Olympic champion. I thought he had the best form overall but the Canadian guy's win didn't shock me since he was so fast. He was great too. Not that I know the tiniest bit about skiing.
Not me neither about moguls. It was close (17/100), but it seemed fair. Begg-Smith NOT happy at the ceremony. What a sour face and no waves. Poor, poor the french guy and his coach. And sorry, Jesper, next time :)

Congrats to Alexandre, Dale and Bryon(he was happy...:thumbsup: )

I really dig this Sport. Ir's a hoot to watch these guys and gals bumping those moguls down the track and suddenly take off in the air and rotate before landing. It's a judged sport by the way.

And a compilicated judging system. Do you hear as much complainig as for figure skating? Think not, but I am not following freestyle forums :biggrin: