Pairs Free Skate | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skate

hongligl

Final Flight
wow, I didn't know that Annabella had that bad an injury. Sorry for that. But she's been around for so many years, and I just wonder how difficult it is to master the 3Tw, so many younger pairs do it beautifully. D/D finally leaned how to do it. It much be a Canadian thing, so many top Canadial pairs settled with 2Tw.

moon119

Spectator
Agree with hongligl's whole post.

I never liked Yoko Kavaguti's skating, but I kind of feel for her now, poor girl, it looks like they are pointing at her now, saying"Yoko, you have failed Moskvina and the Russia tradition"!!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
wow, I didn't know that Annabella had that bad an injury. Sorry for that. But she's been around for so many years, and I just wonder how difficult it is to master the 3Tw, so many younger pairs do it beautifully. D/D finally leaned how to do it. It much be a Canadian thing, so many top Canadial pairs settled with 2Tw.

Anabelle & Cody were doing the triple twist before she got injured so badly and IIRC, she was also doing the triple twist with Patrice Archetto (her former partner) so it's not like she hasn't done it at all. I don't blame Anabelle or Cody for being a little cautious with it once they came back to competing this year. It took them a while to get that twist consistant in the first place and then they couldn't really practice it while she was off the ice so it probably wasn't worth the risk to do it here. They had also been away from competing for a year and needed to get their competitive legs back under them again. I think if they want to, they can probably work on it more this month and have the 3twist ready for at least one of their programs at the World championships. They skated pretty well in Vancouver for being away from competition for so long and I'm very happy for them.