The Alpine Skiing Thread | Golden Skate

The Alpine Skiing Thread

Tigger

Final Flight
Well...Fingers crossed, but it's looking good for tomorrow and the Men's Downhill.

It'll be shown around 1:30 - 1:45 pm-ish EST on CTV.

GO MANNY, ERIC AND THE REST OF THE CANADIAN COWBOYS!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Switzerland DEFAGO Didier 1:54.31 0.00

Norway SVINDAL Aksel Lund 1:54.38 +0.07

United States MILLER Bode 1:54.40 +0.09

Tigger

Final Flight
I don't know, but all these delays can't help but give badly needed time for that shin bruise to heal.

ARipp42014

Medalist
So, when is downhill women? Good for Lindsey that it's been postponed. Is she OK now?

Wednesday! This is from Lindsey's latest post on Facebook from Saturday:
Just sitting in my condo up here in Whistler baking some banana bread and watching the rain continue to come down. I had a full day off from skiing today did alot of therapy and worked out. A DH training run has been rescheduled for tomorrow @ 11am. My shin is feeling better and better each day I am excited to get a chance to test it out tomorrow. LV

She also had the fastest time on the training run today so it looks good!

ARipp42014

Medalist
Another Lindsey update from her FB from an hour ago.....

So we finally got a DH training run in today which is good news. We had to get at least one training run in before Wed or a race was going to be canceled. I was definitely anxious to get up to full speed today and test out my shin. During inspection I could see the course was going to be pretty bumpy, but I don't think I was entirely prepared for just how bumpy it was. It was by far the bumpiest course I have ever skied. The good news is although it was really painful my leg held up ok and I won the training run. The bad news is my shin is really sore again. Hopefully after alot of therapy tonight it will feel better in the morning. I already iced once and right now I have the cheese wrap on :). Hopefully with a little help from mother nature the course crews will be able to mellow out some of the roughness it was definitely extreme today. Also just want to say congratulations to the new Olympic DH champion Didier Defago, silver medalist Axel Lund Svindal, and bronze medalist Bode Miller it was impressive to watch good job!

Wrlmy

Medalist
Go Lindsey! I'm not sure how realistic her chances are at this point, but I hope she will make the most out of the situation!

victoria90

On the Ice
This is my first time watching downhill (well, second actually, I watched the men's downhill yesterday... or whatever day it was on, there are so many sports I don't even know what I'm watching anymore lol). The falls are scary :eek:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats Lindsey you did it!! Wow Julie with the Silver. Great skiing from the US ladies.

Usually, when an athlete gets all that hype, I lose interest, but in this case, very delighted her and for Julie, too.

Now the big decision: Who is the most beautiful American Athlete, Lindsey or Tanith?