No Flowers? What is in the bouquet on the medal stands? | Golden Skate

No Flowers? What is in the bouquet on the medal stands?

stevlin

On the Ice
In the medalists bouquet are greens. I can't figure out what it is. Anyone know? thanks.:)

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I'm stumped. I looks like broccoli. Would it have been so bad for them just to hand out something pretty? Congratulations, you've just won the Olympic gold-here's some broccoli.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I'm stumped. I looks like broccoli. Would it have been so bad for them just to hand out something pretty? Congratulations, you've just won the Olympic gold-here's some broccoli.
:laugh:

Maybe it's because I am tired - but I found that comment hilarious!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Go green!

Broccoli, the winners can eat them, and then perform better.
Flowers, just watch them until they die and then throw them away :p

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Oh god , i m sorry i laugh, but i m on the verge of a nervous breakdown!!!
I know how you feel, I felt the same way in 2002. Maybe I'm reading more into your comment.'

For some reason, I wondered about the flowers or lack of too. I wondered if they were just stalks with ribbon wrapped around them. One of the medalists looked at the bunch of whatever and looked like they went ..............ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I thought it looked like a green feather duster-you've won an Olympic medal, and that will qualify you for a job cleaning rooms at Motel 6. time to start the rest of your life.

The Olympic organizers in vancouver surely could have done better, I think.

billeh

Rinkside
"The predominately green bouquets contain eye-catching green hypericum berries, delicate green spider mums and broad leaf greens. The foliage consists of leatherleaf fern, loops of monkey grass and aspidistra leaves." (from an article in Canadian Florist)

Here is the link from Canadian Florist: http://www.canadianfloristmag.com/content/view/2886/57/

I think the intent was to present something indigenous to BC and Canada. I'm not 100% convinced about the aesthetics though.

What a "delicious" thread. Thanks to everyone for lightening things up!

I do believe that, due to GS's vast influence, this will be the end of vegetable bouquets for a long long time.

prettykeys

Medalist
LOL I just looked at the Nagano flowers and back to the Vancouver ones... it's kinda depressing.